new ALC88X AppleHDA drivers by Taruga

zarac

133 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Well I went ahead and used taruga's patch 1.20 with alc888.txt

Everything was detected but on restart I lost sound and system profiler went back to no built in audio...

taruga's patch removed appleazalia.kext which was apparently providing me with sound...

Replaced azalia and bam.....Sound again...

I tried this because I wanted to see all my inputs in system profiler...guess i went about this incorrectly.

Somebody explain this to us.................

This is all started because I coudn't install a program called Hear

I figured my codec settings weren't set correctly and that this might allow me to install

All U people that have used this new Kext succesfully and have all your inputs and outputs in profiler plz try this app out and report back here if it works...

INFO> http://www.anonym.to/?http://www.joesoft.c...oducts/hear.php

Serial> 8311-4422-3333-7444-5

DL> www.anonym.to/?http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/34207

i have alc889a at my ga-ep35-ds4 and hear 1.0.3 won`t start. has anybody got hear working with alc889a? if so, which appleHDA are you using?

eventually after hours and hours of googling and searching everywhere got my sound working with alc888_add2_AppleHDA and alc888_add0_AppleHDA both seem to work about the same and both of them don't have bass on my gigabyte ep45-ds3l :wacko:

are there any plans for some bass? would be very sweet to have good sound on mac os x since it's my primary os...

Hmm... interesting.

After awhile of toying around with the settings and such here's what i found out for my lovely ep45-ds3l mobo.

I used Audio MIDI Setup in it you can select what to use as your output, input, etc...

My default Line Out on the back of mobo goes to Built-in Speaker and it doesn't have almost any lows (bass). I would imagine this is referring to builtin speaker in mac pros which doesn't have any lows (bass) so they would just cut it out right in the beginning.

At the same time if I plug my speakers into Headphones jack and select Built-in Headphone i get my normal sound back.

Built-in Line Output doesn't seem to be forwarded to anything. Therefore the ports are assigned to wrong jacks... driver is ok just the the arrangement of ports is different.

I will keep on looking at a workaround and if I can't find anything I'm guess I will have to make a driver especially since there is a guide already out there...

I tried installing all sorts of patches but nothing worked. Only AppleHDA patch 1.20 worked with Linux dump which I got from booting from Live CD. Also installed the HDAEnabler.kext but System Profiler does not show any details. It just shows Venor ID, Device ID and Available Device rest everything is blank. How to get details in System Profiler?

Does your sound work? I'm asking this since when I had everything after Available Device blank my sound wouldn't work and wouldn't list anywhere.

I also have to read about linux dumps... maybe that way it will work for me...

hi all

i have alc888 witch work only with appleazilia kext without applehda kext and only out no input

i have tested all taruga kext without result the system show me that i have fully working sound but no out , no input

when i delete applehda the sound work but no input

and skype crash without input or mic

if there any help please and if i must use other azilia kext with taruga kext??????

thanks

please tell me what i need to do in order to enable audio. i have downloaded the hda patcher. somebody told me earlier in this thread i need a codec0.txt from ubuntu. please tell me how to obtain it and how to apply the patch. pls see my previous posts (in the previous page) for details.

any help will be appreciated. ;)

The drivers works great ;D but im getting a error or something background... at least i can shut down :/ but i dont like it dat thing running every 5 seconds :/ if some1 have a solution please reply me ;P thx in advance and great drivers agains ;)

PD: the error appears when I'm booting leopard too, like 10 lines or more...

i got those annoying message too, that seems dont' cause any problem atm, but it's just look dreadful ...

Guest BuildSmart

Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher v1.20 has been broken since it's release and does not always generate working audio, actually it broke back in v1.17 and has been broken ever since.

The script that is generated has syntax errors, I verified this by capturing the generated script file, moving it and manually executing it in an attempt to make audio work.

I have mentioned this to the authors more than once and yet this remains broken.

I would like to see audio working properly and I would like to see it being reported properly in system profiler but the authors have their own agenda which doesn't include supporting my hardware or allowing anyone else to improve the functionality of the patcher or fix errors.

My audio:

Sigmatel STAC9274D

My motherboard:

Intel D975XBX2KR (BadAxe2)

If you wont fix the syntax errors and change it to install HDAEnabler.kext instead of ALCinject.kext then make the source available so the end user can pick up where you left off.

I re-iterate, if you wont fix it then let the end user fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart

Surprisingly enough, ALC885 audio seems to be supported without modifying any software, without any patched drivers if done in DSDT, I have confirmed this on two EVGa nForce 680i and I'd like to test this on other Systems.

If you have ALC885 audio and wish to give this a shot visit my IRC at irc.daleenterprise.com and see me in #Ultimate-Experience

Guest ѕиоѡ

My onboard sound has always worked properly but now that I can use my old SB Audigy 2 ZS in full surround with the KX drivers I'm not looking back.

Check it out lads.

• 1 month later...