Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Fine!, then I guess we'll just have to wait THAT much longer!

SticMAN

well we have a saying here... if you love the rose, you have to stand its thorns... ;)

thanx for the gift i needed it, got tired of poking my monitor, couldnt kill it myself, hope the gift helps :thumbsup_anim:

wait is over.... :P button is enabled once again...

like i said before, please treat this as a TEST update before make it main stream, so use it on a seperate partition.

Do not try to install this on a partition other than you booted! What does it mean?

Say you have two osx partitions

1-main 2-test

Dont boot main, and install on test!

Boot the test partition, and install on test...

or

Boot the main partition, and install on main...

Please REPORT BACK THE SUCCESS/FAILURE STORIES... In case I missed something... I m only a human :D

ENJOY...

Hi, I am somewhat new to the os x scene, and i finally got a working leopard so I don't want to kill it. I installed my leopard using the exact settings described in this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=734509

can anyone tell me which settings I would need to check off for this update?

Also, is it possible to clone my current os x drive/install/settings (everything) so in case I screw up I have a backup?

I keep getting the same problem with any of the 10.5.3 update methods. Very slow boot-up and then a hang at "AHCISmartUserClient: IOUserClient inputcount count mismatch"

I'm guessing this has something to do with some piece of software I have installed because if I do a clean install of 10.5.2 and then update it works fine. Really not looking forward to having to redo all my custom settings and such. B)

Mysticus C*,

Does this have a driver for the RealTech 8139 Wireless card? if it does will it allow me to connect to the internet wirelessly? if it does not can you direct me to a working driver.

I will be downloading the update through XP.

Please can you let me know ASAP.

I have installed iATKOS 2.0i.

Hello,

I'm getting the following error when I click on the "trumpet" smiley:

Multiple Choices

The document name you requested (/osx86/10.5.3 Combo Update by Mysticus v1.1.mpkg.zip) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

* /osx86/10.5.3 Combo Update by Mysticus v1.1.mpkg.zip.filepart (common basename)

Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

B)

Hello,

I'm getting the following error when I click on the "trumpet" smiley:

Multiple Choices

The document name you requested (/osx86/10.5.3 Combo Update by Mysticus v1.1.mpkg.zip) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

* /osx86/10.5.3 Combo Update by Mysticus v1.1.mpkg.zip.filepart (common basename)

Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

B)

Hit refresh.

THE LINK IS WORKING hit your refresh button like vapor said...

@vapor: it must be something to do with some extra driver stuff you installed or your bios has problem with ahci (either bios itself has bugs, or you didnt enable ahci mode?)

the only way to make sure it will work is through clean install... customization cant take so long... just your determination... do you prefer trying to guess hours if not days figuring what is causing the error? or spare 5-10 mins to reinstall your os and update another 5-10 mins and than customize, should not take 1-2 hrs max...

@vapor: it must be something to do with some extra driver stuff you installed or your bios has problem with ahci (either bios itself has bugs, or you didnt enable ahci mode?)

the only way to make sure it will work is through clean install... customization cant take so long... just your determination... do you prefer trying to guess hours if not days figuring what is causing the error? or spare 5-10 mins to reinstall your os and update another 5-10 mins and than customize, should not take 1-2 hrs max...

I understand that, but I've never had a problem with upgrades before. My setup is vanilla except for video and was running in AHCI mode (bios is fine) in 10.5.2 with no problems. Guess I'll just stick with 10.5.2 for the time being until I (or somebody else) figures it out.

So here's my report. Remarqued some Drivers, but no Kernel. The update was easy and fast. Tried it on my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5715Z) with Leo4all v3. It seems to me that it boots up a little slower, but not much more.

1) Before the install, my CD-Drive wasn't recognized...now it is :D

2) Shutdown now works

3) Video, Sound and USB 2.0 worked before and after install

BUT:

- Restart doesn't work (worked before)

- My internal Keyboard doesn't work!!! I can nothing type. How can I fix that?

But great work  Mysticus C*...but the internal Keyboard :unsure: ...

Contrary to your picture in post 1 Actual download lacks ICH9R drivers under chipset?

it doesnt lag (i said it was from previous v1.0 update, this is v1.1... Due to ahci problems as everyone aware :D i had to change it otherway), final fix is the ahci driver being installed by default, instead of as an option... with all the ids in it... I put it final because in mid somehow, it gets deleted otherwise... somehow...

@ubombmimac: for 780i, you either need to add the id manually (if you did it before in nforceata driver already, uncheck the nforce chipset driver, your previous one will not be overwritten... otherwise it will replace your nforceata to original state before editing)

@filipemb: please give propar details... what changes did you make what did you choose in customize window?

@blue-k: restart may be problem due to speedstep kernel or other fixes like keyboard, acpi etc..etc... related to laptop stuffs (there are couple of fixes for laptops for speedstep, internal keyboard, etc... i just dont remember/know what exactly they are) I am not very familiar with laptop fixing files, but if you find them for me, i can make another additional installer to do that extra fixes for you and other laptop users...

@everyone whoever is asking for additional help:

+ Please indicate your hardware profile details, like similar to mine in my signature (if you do a signature it is much better)

+ Please indicate what additional changes you made in the customize window?

+ Also please boot using -v and if possible screen cap of errors you had... or type them somehow...

If you dont provide details, I cant realy help... without knowing any details to what you have done, and what hardware you have...

If anyone was using additional patches and/or workarounds before, please let me know these files, I will make an additional package for installing these files for you... And hopefully can add them to the current update package to include them as well for later usage...

Mysticus C*,

I had to install ALC883 extra patch (available at this forum) to have my soundcard working as don't know why your patch didn't work. My motherboard is 945-GZM-S2. Network worked perfectly, as of video with NVinject.

I chose in Customize Window: 10.5.3 OSX Combo Updater, Fix 10.5.3, 9.3.0 Vanilla Kernel, NVInject for 128RAM cards, SMBios Mac.Nub Mac Pro Named (as install default) and Finalize.

I edit boot.plist in order to boot flags -v -x and have system working well after reboot.

Basically this. The system can put itself shutted down but cannot restart. The modified kernel that is available in Kaly's updater (I have tried before) is not working in my pc (it gets stuck in login window) (I have test it only with Kaly's updater).

vanilla kernel is known to not work well in different intel chipsets... for example, thats the reason i dont use it! I have intel chipset, but vanilla behaves strange, i use my system with 9.2.0 sleep kernel... (if you dont choose a kernel in update package, it will install 9.2.0 sleep kernel...)

9.2.0 sleep kernel on my system: shutdown/restart/sleep works (sleep almost instantly... 1 sec wake up)

hi, thanks for this update pack, everything worked fine except my generic ps/2 keyboard, i'm typing this message using the keyboard viewer app :) with an usb mouse...

is there a fix for that , also has anyone installed this update with a ps/2 keyboard config and has it still working, i installed the vanilla kernel 9.3.0 if that has any relation with the problem

my config is : mb asus p5b-e, geforce7600gs(natit),cpu e6400, hdd sata ahci mode, usb mouse, ps/2 keyboard

any help will be appreciated please, thanks.

i m aware of ps/2 problem and heard there was a ps/2 fix... however i dont really know what files those are... if people point out which files are necessary for your particular systems, i will collect them all and for future uses and extra additional updates, i will add them later...

just point the files, i will assemble one additional installer for all the small extra stuffs... like laptop files, ps/2 issues, internal keyboards etc etc... just need the files... i cant know all sort of stuffs that i dont have...

@urganoh: this is a combo update, so it can be applied to 10.5.0 + 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 all three systems i think... :)

@filipe: i cant know the answer, you gotta try yourself, there are many kernels for these kind of reasons, one work fine for one system, and not the other... so you gotta try and see yourself...

usb mount issue should not happen... if you use correct stuffs... for your convenience... download this file and use customize window, to select 9.2.0 sleep kernel+system kext, and uncheck all other options... no need to reinstall the who update package again... :) this is another installer which i made for another topic fr usb issues :P also all the kernels in the update installer also have correct system.kxt along with them, so no usb issue... I m fully aware of the usb issue... :)