Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

just did a fresh kalyway 10.5.1 install with Natit patch, then official combo update + ancient method of updating 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 + kalyway 10.5.3 9.3 kernel + about this mac patch = DONE :thumbsup_anim:

OS X booted on worked on first restart!

Last login: Sat May 31 09:01:51 on console

gizmos-mac-pro:~ gizmo$ uname -a

Darwin gizmos-mac-pro.local 9.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.3.0: Fri May 23 00:49:16 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.18~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

1053qa0.png

Also updated with Kalaway installer everything went perfectly except QE/CI got disabled removed the appropriate kext and reinstalled the drivers and got it enabled again.

I updated using the Jas 10.5.3 combo update and no problems to report. I did have to replace the audio kexts for sound. Now in my case it didn't update the kernel, so I exacted the 9.3 kernel from the apple combo update and then replaced the old 9.2.2 kernel with the new 9.3.0 via kext helper and the reboot. Bang! I'm runnin' 9.3.0 and all is good.Chevy

How, exactly, step by step, did you do what you describe above? I followed all of the steps of the original post to the letter, and my system is still running the 9.2 kernel. Also, I have searched high and low for a free utility (command line or GUI, I don't care) that can extract .pkg files. No luck thus far. Lastly, I have to run the update -v after every reboot, not just the first one.I have an Asus P5B-VM motherboard.

Also, what in the world is QE/CI? I see it mentioned a lot in this thread, and in the two months or so that I've been playing around with the Hackintosh I've never seen this mentioned so often.

By the way, I assume I'm running the 9.2 kernel because when I open Terminal and run uname -r I get:

and when I run uname -a I get

Darwin tfruths-mac-pro.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

What I find interesting is in the System Profiler I see the following under Software -> Frameworks -> Kernel

Version: 9.3.0

Last Modified: 5/29/08 12:29 PM

Private: No

Just did a fresh Kallyway Leo install last night to get the P5K up and running. I haven't updated to 10.5.2 because of the really long boot up time (5mins) it seems. 10.5.1 loads in about 20 secs. Anything like this with 10.5.3 ? I just did the 10.5.3 update on my powerbook and have seen no real changes. ;)

Methamp, I tried to extract the 9.3.0 kernel from the kernel package using pacifist, is it really ToH's? I know that the last one is 9.2.2. but this one I tried installing it manually and it gave me kernel panic at the beginning.

I'm gonna try to install using the kernel package. Actually, could it be because I need to set -64 in the boot argument?

Hello gents,

i just updated with 10.5.3. combo update from kalyway with kernel package and everythings looks fine except battery meter. just gone. i'm using Acer Aspire 9410 laptop and before update meter was fine. maybe some of you guys have experience some s*it with Aspire 9410 and update... and maybe have solution for this .. laptop won't shutdown anyway even after update. please let me know what should be done couse there is lots of solutions regarding powermanagement but each mobo diferent solution so now i'm just confuse a little ;)

greetings

Just Installed Kalyway 10.5.3 on a Q6600 ASUS P5KR system. All work but CI/QE on HD2600PRO and 9.3 kernel. Is there a way to enable Acceleration on ATI HD2600PRO ?

EDIT: Found in insanelymac.com a package by Netkas that solved all my issues. GREAT :blink:

Well.. after instalation:

- Safari does not work (missing files?)

- TimeMachine does not see previous backups

- System profil shows that I have 1 P4 3Ghz 512cache 1 core (I have Preston P4 3Ghz 1024cache 2 cores)

- during boot into the system in verbose mode i can see:

ALF ALERT: sockwall_cntl_updaterules ctl_enqueuedata rts err 55

Can you help me?

"2- install kalyway kernel pkg ! choose kernel you need for your pc ! (if you want keep your old 9.2 kernel so install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel"

I've downloaded and installed the update. Where do I find the kalyway kernel pkg? Only ShareFix.pkg was included.

UPDATE: I just restarted and it works fine. Darwin is still at 9.2.0.

The Diabolik-Installer worked for me on a 7400go, (Laptop), I was using an EFI-String before, which didn't do the trick quite surprisingly.

...it just gives me "Can I has model?" as Card-Model. Am I supposed to do something about that.

:) (if I can help in any way....)

regards,

DrDeelay

Hi!

I updated with Kalyway's Combo Update 10.5.3. Before I used the speedstep kernel, but vanillakernel was working as well. Now I know that Intel Core2 CPUs don't need the speedstep kernel, I wanted to use vanillakernel. So I changed /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist back to mach_kernel. Result: login crashes with kernel panic. The only workin kernel on my system is speedstepkernel 9.2.0. Any other kernel does the same as the new one. What can I do?

Regards,

Mr_nUUb

Try disabling the SpeedStep-feature in your computer's BIOS, as you probably have still installed kernel extensions from your SpeedStep-install left that are jerking around. You wont have SpeedStep then, of course.

Hi!

I updated with Kalyway's Combo Update 10.5.3. Before I used the speedstep kernel, but vanillakernel was working as well. Now I know that Intel Core2 CPUs don't need the speedstep kernel, I wanted to use vanillakernel. So I changed /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist back to mach_kernel. Result: login crashes with kernel panic. The only workin kernel on my system is speedstepkernel 9.2.0. Any other kernel does the same as the new one. What can I do?

Regards,

Mr_nUUb

Try disabling the SpeedStep-feature in your computer's BIOS, as you probably have still installed kernel extensions from your SpeedStep-install left that are jerking around. You wont have SpeedStep then, of course.

How can I disable SpeedStep in a minimalistic mobo BIOS?

Installed Kalyway 10.5.3 on Q6600 ASUS P5KDelux system. All worked but CI/QE, installed nvinject .41 with pacifist. all working well. system has become fast :D ( even my wife feels it :lol: ), best part is the USB problem is solved. over all working well. :D

Now I solved my problems:

1.) Delete /Library/StartupItems/ACPICPUThrottler - now the greeter doesn't crash any more (it's from a separate SpeedStep package with GUI to control it).

2.) Restored old ATIRadeonX1000* kexts, bundles and plugins and inserted the proper PCI ID - QE/CI is back!

Regards,

Mr_nUUb

EDIT: USB is working without modifications after updating to 10.5.3 (mach_kernel 9.3.0).