ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I fixed the 3650 white menu problem using Pacifist, as described in an earlier post. Just open the PKG file and install the drivers from there.

Perhaps the 10.5.3 update includes drivers for these devices, and when you try to install the drivers from this thread they won't overwrite those new drivers (due to them being older timestamp-wise). With pacifist they get overwritten regardless.

Hello! Some users of HD3650 encounters same problem with the white menus. You probably found the solution.. Please could you exactly explain, what to do with Pacifist, which files to extract .. etc. Just all steps.

Thank you.. :)

What I did was open the Installer package with Pacifist. Right click on the package (contents of ATI Radeon HD) within Pacifist - choose "Install to Default location" <-- for those with the white menu at the time - click at the top of he white box when you right click. Press enter when the new box comes up afterwards (to install with Admin privileges) - next box comes up, type your admin password and press enter - the last box that comes up says, file already exists, choose replace (for those looking at a white box - click to the bottom right of the window, you may have to click a couple times for each file in package until done. After that is done and Pacifist completes. Just restart and white menus should be gone!

I hope my instructions help.

Peace

SojasMAC

Hello,

I've tried installing on Leo4Allv3, but I reboot to grey screen, with only the mouse arrow cursor. I've tried both DVI ports (DVI monitor, no adapter), same grey screen.

So I found out that it will actually boot into Leopard - it just takes forever! I found out while leaving it a the grey / blue screen while doing some cooking. :)

Anyway, QE/CI appear to work, and resolution defaulted to 1280x1024 as it should. Driver added ~30 points to my xbench score over software.

Anyone know how to kill the brutally long boot with grey/blue screen?

coreyinoz

What I did was open the Installer package with Pacifist. Right click on the package (contents of ATI Radeon HD) within Pacifist - choose "Install to Default location" <-- for those with the white menu at the time - click at the top of he white box when you right click. Press enter when the new box comes up afterwards (to install with Admin privileges) - next box comes up, type your admin password and press enter - the last box that comes up says, file already exists, choose replace (for those looking at a white box - click to the bottom right of the window, you may have to click a couple times for each file in package until done. After that is done and Pacifist completes. Just restart and white menus should be gone!

I hope my instructions help.

Peace

SojasMAC

Very BIG thanks to you, my 3650 is now working again! Thx!

So I found out that it will actually boot into Leopard - it just takes forever! I found out while leaving it a the grey / blue screen while doing some cooking. :)

Anyway, QE/CI appear to work, and resolution defaulted to 1280x1024 as it should. Driver added ~30 points to my xbench score over software.

Anyone know how to kill the brutally long boot with grey/blue screen?

coreyinoz

OK - so I've reinstalled and I've now tried Leo4All and Zephyroth Rev 2, and I get the same result for both. I've tried pretty much every combination of chipset driver and kernel that I can see. Driver works, but booting goes from reasonable time to roughly 15 minutes of waiting at the sky-blue screen with only mouse.

Anyone have any suggestions?

coreyinoz

Hi Last Exile,

Thanks for doing such packages and to everyone involved to make our ATI cards working.

I'm HD3650 AGP user, I've installed AGPGART 2.7.0 and your HD3650 Package for PCIe.

Then I changed the IOPCIMatch with my device id in info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

Now I can switch res but no CI/QE; see below:

Jeu de composants : ATI Radeon HD 3600

Type : Moniteur

Bus : AGP

VRAM (totale) : 512 Mo

Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x9596

Identifiant de révision : 0x0000

Révision de la ROM : 113-B1480A-236

Version du gestionnaire EFI : 01.00.236

Moniteurs :

VA912-4SERIES :

Résolution : 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Logiciel (software)

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Non géré (not supported)

Connecteur pour le moniteur :

État : Aucun moniteur connecté

And I can only boot with -x, if I try to boot normally, I get a black screen.

What kind of informations you need to make an AGP package for this board?

Thanks

Have an asus EAH3850 PCI-E and installing the drivers gives me a black screen after boot. using DVI2VGA converter.

http://tinyurl.com/6n4zxh

Leo4allV3 10.5.4

Hardware :

Asus M2V-MX SE

AMD 5000 X2

- FSB: 2000 MT/s

- chipset: VIAR K8M890 / VIA VT8237A "not working"

- 2 x Dual Channel DDR2 667/ 533, max. 2 GB,

- PCIe x16, 2x PCI

- Asus EAH3850/G/HTDI/256M "not working"

- Realtek ALC883 6 csatornás "working"

- LAN: 10/100 Mbps "working"

- PS/2, 4 x USB, RJ45, audio I/O,

- 2 x ATA 133/100, 2 x S-ATA, 2 x S-ATA 3Gb/s, 2 x USB,

-RAM :- 2 GB DDR@ 800 MHz

post-251254-1215083872_thumb.jpg

post-251254-1215083919_thumb.jpg

I have a Diamond Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI-E. I've been trying to get it to work the last few days now. Card works fine without adding drivers on install of Kalyway 10.5.2. I've updated to 10.5.3 through Kalyway's combo update, and tried both the packaged installer for 0x94c3 (which should be my card) and the installer for 0x94c1 (according to pcidatabase.com that's my card). I've also tried the method described on this How To to no avail. (Signature contains system info).

The last thing I tried was the all in one package (found on the second page of this thread), again with both dev id and no luck.

The problem that I get is that it boots up but after it gets past the OS load (aka the Apple screen) the screen flicks a little then goes to the (nice) blue screen, but without a mouse and doesn't move from there. I left it for 20 minutes once and got nothing different.

I am using the DVI to VGA adapter (as mentioned in most posts).

Is there any hope for me or should I start looking for another vid card and return this one?

Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 3870 (PCI-E 2.0; 512mb GDDR3)

DONT WORK !!! (Natit.kext.bz2;ATI_Radeon_HD_3870.zip;ATI Radeon HD.zip)

Asus P5E WS, (Kaliway) Os X 10.5.1 Vanilla 9.1; 10.5.2 Vanilla 9.22; 10.5.3 Vanilla 9.3.

What to do ???

Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 3870 (PCI-E 2.0; 512mb GDDR3)

DONT WORK !!! (Natit.kext.bz2;ATI_Radeon_HD_3870.zip;ATI Radeon HD.zip)

Asus P5E WS, (Kaliway) Os X 10.5.1 Vanilla 9.1; 10.5.2 Vanilla 9.22; 10.5.3 Vanilla 9.3.

What to do ???

hello there

it seems we have identical gfx cards.

newer radeon packages based on lamna driver just wouldn't work for me either.

triakis driver however works perfectly - no fan noise or overheating.

check the link in my sig for the download.

if you're getting a "disco" screen, just boot with -x and install this driver.

I have a Diamond Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI-E. I've been trying to get it to work the last few days now. Card works fine without adding drivers on install of Kalyway 10.5.2. I've updated to 10.5.3 through Kalyway's combo update, and tried both the packaged installer for 0x94c3 (which should be my card) and the installer for 0x94c1 (according to pcidatabase.com that's my card). I've also tried the method described on this How To to no avail. (Signature contains system info).

The last thing I tried was the all in one package (found on the second page of this thread), again with both dev id and no luck.

The problem that I get is that it boots up but after it gets past the OS load (aka the Apple screen) the screen flicks a little then goes to the (nice) blue screen, but without a mouse and doesn't move from there. I left it for 20 minutes once and got nothing different.

I am using the DVI to VGA adapter (as mentioned in most posts).

Is there any hope for me or should I start looking for another vid card and return this one?

What happens when you try the instaler? I have a Diamond 2600PRO and it has never worked...

ALSO! Someone sticky this thread!

The problem that I get is that it boots up but after it gets past the OS load (aka the Apple screen) the screen flicks a little then goes to the (nice) blue screen, but without a mouse and doesn't move from there.

The installer seems to work just fine, installs (quick) and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Hi LastExile , can you re-send me the ATI RADEON pkd ?

I 've seen this in your topic , but i can't download from sendspace :D

Can you re-up it to other host, example rapidshare.com ?

Thx u so much !

I'm a newbie to osx86 , i installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my pc , and i've a Sapphire 3870x2 ... hope your pkg will work on my pc :)

Thx u a lot ^___^

I've been trying out the IRC channel sometimes but every time I did nobody responded so now I'm going to post here and ask for help/advise.

I'm having problems with my Sapphire Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB AGP.

I'm running it on a Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe (quite old that one, everything except for the gpu - like sound, lan, firewire, usb working fine) and I am currently using Kalyway 10.5.2.

I already tried installing my GPU manually a few times with the natit kext, leo graph update and menu fix but never got CI and QE working. Then I searched and searched through every damn thread I found and never found any solution for the 2600 Pro AGP version. Rather it seems like more and more people are having problems with any of the AGP versions (not only 2600).

Anyway after some time I ran a clean install again used your installer - didn't work - so I did a new clean install, installed graphic update (i know actually makes not much sense because it is included for the 2600 pro in your installer but one never knows) - still didn't work. I could see the menus, change the resolution to each one supported by my monitor but CI and QE never worked.

I really have no idea what to do anymore I wish someone might have an solution.

One more thing:

What I found strange is that in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/plist.info the Hardware ID of my GPU (95871002) was not listed. I know that when I tried to install it manually I always had to add it there to at least get all the resolutions available.

Thanks for the help already.

EDIT:

Okay... ironically one minute after posting here, I've got it working. Again, I ran a clean install and then deleted ALL THE FILES IN /System/Library/Extensions that began with ATIRa... I deleted all of them, ran the installer from the first post in this thread, rebooted and CI and QE support.

Thanks for the installer lastexil ;) I am so happy right now, o you guys have no idea ;> everything is working :(;):D :D

I downloaded it last night... took forever too. I put it up on MediaFire (much faster IMO).

Click there ->> :(

Thx u so much , love you :D

But i've a question , the pkg works on 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 ? I'm on Kalyway 10.5.2 now.

Thx u so much , love you ;)

But i've a question , the pkg works on 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 ? I'm on Kalyway 10.5.2 now.

I can't guarantee anything, but I would say it should work in 10.5.2. I have 10.5.3 right now, don't remember if I tried it in 10.5.2. My advice is backup your system and try it. If it doesn't work, restore from backup or do a clean install. Preferably with these video drivers its best to install them on a clean install.

Okay... ironically one minute after posting here, I've got it working. Again, I ran a clean install and then deleted ALL THE FILES IN /System/Library/Extensions that began with ATIRa... I deleted all of them, ran the installer from the first post in this thread, rebooted and CI and QE support.

I think I might give this a try. Thanks for posting it. I think I only have or two things left to try before I take this card back and get a different one.