• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

spiry2sick

spiry2sick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have install 10.5.2 from Kalyway's DVD on my Athlon64 . Can I install update without patching the updated files for AMD processors or do I have to wait for hacked updates ?

Feek

Feek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Eventually, but the update is easy enough.

Hmmmmm, is the actual update itself obtained through Software Update? I have backups, what's the worst that can happen ;)

iSkylla

iSkylla

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Can someone help me please?

You're on 10.5.2, the .orig is because Kalyway changes the extension so the kext doesn't load. You still need to update the 10.5.3 using the netkas script.

Feek

Feek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hmmmmm, is the actual update itself obtained through Software Update? I have backups, what's the worst that can happen ;)

OK, answering myself here, but asking another question.

I see two updates on the Apple site.

420Mb worth of "Update" here

536Mb of "Combo Update" here

Which is the preferred one to download?

Thanks.

iSkylla

iSkylla

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
First one is delta, second is combo.

Delta you need 10.5.2 to update, combo you just need 10.5

leftlane7

leftlane7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I downloaded just the update, follow the instructions and it loaded perfectly.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
I love how some people are telling "now my system is running faster than before".

Yeah sure, placebo effect ftw !

Omega01

Omega01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
No success here... even following the guide by the line, this one killed my install...

"waiting for root device"

Posted Image

Any help would be very welcome... ;)

markpenn

markpenn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
hi guys

my QE is not working anymore..
I did backup and recover that extention..
nvinjet..

mentorek

mentorek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
OK, I've {censored}'d up... Could anyone publish IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.5.3 anywhere?

Thanks,
Mik

Aaron McGoohan

Aaron McGoohan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm in the same boat as markpenn, above... I copied over my backup AppleSMBIOS.kext, NVinject.kext , and reinstalled my audio drivers. Audio works fine, but I'm at software CI and no QE. I used the NVInstallerV.41.pkg package, but I'm still sans snazzy graphics. Any help, please?

gkr41

gkr41

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

You're on 10.5.2, the .orig is because Kalyway changes the extension so the kext doesn't load. You still need to update the 10.5.3 using the netkas script.

Hmm, since the script will remove the new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, there's no need to worry about the presence of the old one. So, my question is classified as stupid and pointless :)

Xosx86

Xosx86

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
After update with combo update, kext helper say's can't log in as root?????

I am running kalyway 5.1 updated to 5.2. Can I just back up the entire extensions folder and after running the update replace it? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Yuusharo

Yuusharo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

After update with combo update, kext helper say's can't log in as root?????

I am running kalyway 5.1 updated to 5.2. Can I just back up the entire extensions folder and after running the update replace it? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

You can't copy and replace the entire folder, since most files in there will be in use. I tried this, ended up breaking my install. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I think you can simply run the update, and afterwards reinstall all your custom Kexts. Kext helper not being able to run as root is an interesting problem. Are you sure your password is correct? Or do you even have a password? (you should, if only for compatibility).

Feek

Feek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I'm in the same boat as markpenn, above... I copied over my backup AppleSMBIOS.kext, NVinject.kext , and reinstalled my audio drivers. Audio works fine, but I'm at software CI and no QE. I used the NVInstallerV.41.pkg package, but I'm still sans snazzy graphics. Any help, please?

This is exactly where I'm at as well, I copied back those .kext files (didn't need to reinstall audio drivers), repaired the permissions, then I reinstalled using NVInstallerV.41.pkg and I've got software CI and no QE.

My video card is only showing as 256Mb when it's a 640Mb 8800GTS. It was detected and working correctly on 10.5.2

Any suggestions as to what to try please?

LioNEXT

LioNEXT

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
okay. first. Besides AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, I had to delete AppleHWSensor.kext also in order to boot. Apparently, at loginwindow, I got a ton of garbage (and kept going on forever) with CrashReporter about HIToolbox, various applications. So I reapplied 10.5.3 combo update from a different partition and then remove the above two kext.

For people with QE/CI problem and giving a futile retry with NVInstaller.41:

You have to use Pacifist to force replace those kexts and framework. Apparently, NVinstaller does not force delete the newest versions of kexts and framework and replace them with old ones. In pacifist, authorize yourself, then when asked, apply replace to all (choose the dont ask ask again for this installation option from the pop up window). Everything will work fine and dandy now.

Anyone reporting success with proper shutdown/restart/sleep?

dsigno

dsigno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Does not work for me. I did everything iSkylla wrote but after restart and boot with -v, the pc does not recognize it and now I have boot loop. Theres anything I can do?
Im with leo4all3

Xosx86

Xosx86

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

You can't copy and replace the entire folder, since most files in there will be in use. I tried this, ended up breaking my install. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I think you can simply run the update, and afterwards reinstall all your custom Kexts. Kext helper not being able to run as root is an interesting problem. Are you sure your password is correct? Or do you even have a password? (you should, if only for compatibility).

I do have a password. I had almost no trouble with 5.2!
Should I need to replace the gma950 graphics next this time even though there is no graphics update?

This is my fourth try:-(

Adamar

Adamar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

This kext is not available.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 without the vanilla kernel nor the ACPI fix.

Can i proceed without this or do i need something special?

alc0h0lic

alc0h0lic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Well it killed my iatkos 10.5.2 install on my xps m1330.
Gives me "no root device" error

waiting for fix :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy