Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

status update:

I fixed the issue with my PCMCIA controller and can proceed with my work
however, since I currently have E-mu E-DSP device (1212m), I would like to finish true 24-bit support first (for Windows)
after it is ready, I will port the driver to OS X right with 24-bit support for all 10k2 users (audigy, audigy2)

I hope an initial 'alpha' version is released before 15'August, because after that I'll be off for another vacation and will proceed with my work on September.

Eugene

Wow, if you release Audigy for OS X support, the world (both OSx86 and OS X users with Mac Pros) will LOVE YOU!!

-=n3rd=-

-=n3rd=-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
You could be the legend for all or all poor tiny audiophelic guys who can't efford a real mac with usb sound :D

I own a Audigy 4 non Pro. I've heard that its nearly similiar with Audigy 4. Is it true? Would it work with this driver you're working on?

Flo

TKiet

TKiet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
wow this sounds like a very nice experiment. What about Sound Blaster X-Fi series cards, are they supported as well?

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

wow this sounds like a very nice experiment. What about Sound Blaster X-Fi series cards, are they supported as well?

You could be the legend for all or all poor tiny audiophelic guys who can't efford a real mac with usb sound :P

I own a Audigy 4 non Pro. I've heard that its nearly similiar with Audigy 4. Is it true? Would it work with this driver you're working on?

Flo

Look up the chips used in them versus the Audigy 2 cards to figure it out...
If they are different chips, guess would require different drivers...

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
Here comes another quote :D

but don't expect too much
initial version will come without kX DSP, so, no custom effects, no soundfonts, no routing, just multichannel playback and, probably, recording

24/48 for 10k2, 16/48 for 10k1

E.

10k1 is mentioned which means Live! series will have some sound :lol:

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Who cares about any of that stuff! ? :)

I just want the sound out to work, and if it supports 5.1 that will be icing on the cake!

kiwi89

kiwi89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Graphic design, web site design, art, macs, history, coffee, tech, audio production,
Well hopfuly this will allow some audigy/x-fi support in mac os. But we wont know what works until we can all go home and try out the new driver lol.

oldmansampson

oldmansampson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm really looking forward to this!!

wildchild

wildchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
This is phenomenal news!

I can't wait!!!

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Oh it's like Christmas! lol

idividebyzero

idividebyzero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
damn, I sold my audigy 2 a long time ago when I got an X-Fi

I hope eventually there will be an x-fi driver, the audio on my board is garbage with OSX. I only get bad sounding 2.1 with generic drivers with no line-in or anything else, if I use taruga drivers then I get line-in but absolutely no bass at all for output.

Dmitrii

Dmitrii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Its very good news!!!!! still waiting and believe

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

damn, I sold my audigy 2 a long time ago when I got an X-Fi

I hope eventually there will be an x-fi driver, the audio on my board is garbage with OSX. I only get bad sounding 2.1 with generic drivers with no line-in or anything else, if I use taruga drivers then I get line-in but absolutely no bass at all for output.

X-Fi uses different chip then 10kx so, there are 99% chances that it will NOT be supported by kX drivers.
More information on X-fi is available from DJ_Stick and Eugene himself HERE --> http://www.driverhea...aster-x-fi.html

hmmm :) they changed the color of forum from black to blue :)

AznCQ

AznCQ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Look like someone deserves a donation =D

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Look like someone deserves a donation =D

Yup, I was willing to donate earlier, but then "E" mentioned the date, so not willing to get charged by transfer company (WU) twice :) It is also good to donate if others want to, besides how many cool coders are out there? specially who can bring almost all main features of original CT drivers to OS-xxx? :) well, regard-less of donations, E would continue the work as usual but with some "Pizzas" it can be fun and fast :)

You know, I once thought to donate 5$ extra so that Russ (over there) becomes mod :)

MAC IN TOSH

MAC IN TOSH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hi,
I have a sound card CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER 5 and MAC OS X 1.5.2 does not recognizes it. How can I get it to work?
Thanks..

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Hi,
I have a sound card CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER 5 and MAC OS X 1.5.2 does not recognizes it. How can I get it to work?
Thanks..

Mach In Tosh, please read the first post of this thread (page 1) and check whether your model is listed or not :) If your card is based on Emu10K(1 or 2) then continue to read the first post if not, then it may not be suppored :)

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Mach In Tosh, please read the first post of this thread (page 1) and check whether your model is listed or not :) If your card is based on Emu10K(1 or 2) then continue to read the first post if not, then it may not be suppored :wacko:

Wow, you're nice to reply. Posts like the GP annoy me that they are too lazy to even read the thread. It's why I don't come by here as much as I used to, all the annoying lazy users.

MTZeon

MTZeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Any confirmation on the release date? :)

catboy

catboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Great news... i have Audigy 2 zs on my hackinstosh... i use in windows for games...

maybe Taruga can help..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy