[HowTo] Native FrontRow without any illegal hacks? It is easy :)

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
Is it me or is the trailers' server really down ?

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

xtraa, domino, Romeo is Universal Binary now!

I made some changes in source and compiled it. It have many bugs, but works well with Front Row (Options button in Romeo does not work, do not press it, lol :blink: ).

I've tested it with SonyEricsson T630. Works well! Ultra cool. Hooah, comrades :)

This version have support for Front Row. To install, just unzip it and delete "com.arboreal.romeo.plist" (if you have it) in User Preferences Folder.

http://www.yuriev.info/Romeo.zip

It works with T610!! Great, awsome, teriffic job Kyrie!! Posted Image I already said this but this application deserves it's own thread. Many people are looking for this app.

Is it me or is the trailers' server really down ?

Yes, it's down or we have LS configured the wrong way :)

ampTK

ampTK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
All of you might be interested on this thread, its about the Front Row Bonjour sharing update.

Jason_Thames

Jason_Thames

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have a Dimension 8400 I am currently working on restoring a new install of 10.4.4 on (10.4.5 Pukes with my ATI Hardware...). I am using a Dell wireless USB Keyboard and mouse (Logitech hardware...). I have done everything correctly (I am almost sure... your instructions were thorough...), but FrontRowPass is not loading at startup, and thus FrontRow can't find a remote. Do you thinlk this could be a problem with my keyboard and mouse being wireless? There is only one HID device in the System Hardware settings (I assume this is the wireless dongle connected to the PC). Produt ID = 0xc509 ; Version ID = 0x046d (For a P=50441 ; V=1133). If I had another mouse or keyboard I would try it. Any help is appreciated... Thanks all.

EDIT: I tried to load the kext manually as well... the kext loads sometimes... but no dice.

Kyrie1965

Kyrie1965

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I have a Dimension 8400 I am currently working on restoring a new install of 10.4.4 on (10.4.5 Pukes with my ATI Hardware...). I am using a Dell wireless USB Keyboard and mouse (Logitech hardware...). I have done everything correctly (I am almost sure... your instructions were thorough...), but FrontRowPass is not loading at startup, and thus FrontRow can't find a remote. Do you thinlk this could be a problem with my keyboard and mouse being wireless? There is only one HID device in the System Hardware settings (I assume this is the wireless dongle connected to the PC). Produt ID = 0xc509 ; Version ID = 0x046d (For a P=50441 ; V=1133). If I had another mouse or keyboard I would try it. Any help is appreciated... Thanks all.

EDIT: I tried to load the kext manually as well... the kext loads sometimes... but no dice.

This driver for mouse HID device only. But you have combined HID device.

I've checked this with wireless USB Mouse (A4 Tech), all was OK.

Amethyst

Amethyst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I try with Apple Mighty Mouse (PID: 0x020b VID:0x05ac connect at Apple Pro Keyboard usb hub) and it doesn't Work , but when I try Logitech Optical mouse its Work, fix it for me please, kylie

ps. Connect Apple Mighty Mouse your Frontrow kext has loads. but cannot activate FR and havn't FrontRow in keyboard shotcuts pref.

Kyrie1965

Kyrie1965

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I try with Apple Mighty Mouse (PID: 0x020b VID:0x05ac connect at Apple Pro Keyboard usb hub) and it doesn't Work , but when I try Logitech Optical mouse its Work, fix it for me please, kylie

ps. Connect Apple Mighty Mouse your Frontrow kext has loads. but cannot activate FR and havn't FrontRow in keyboard shotcuts pref.

With Apple Mighty Mouse you do not need this driver :star_smile:.

How to...?

1. Delete FrontRowPass.kext.
2. Open AppleHIDMouse.kext > Contents > Info.plist
3. Add (look at Bold)

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
<key>M19-0a</key>
<dict>
<key>HIDRemoteControl</key>
<true/>

</dict>
<key>M19-0b</key>
<dict>
<true/>

</dict>
<key>M19-1</key>
<dict>
<true/>

</dict>
</dict>

4. Save.
5. sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Extensions/AppleHIDMouse.kext
6. Reboot.

That is all :graduated:.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
Here's the FR starter app that I got somewhere, if anyone needs it. Just copy the file in the apps dir or wherever you want. sorry if it's already posted :)

Attached File  FrontRowStarter.zip   39.96KB   1608 downloads

bsod

bsod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I just wanted to post to say thank you!!! this is the coolest thing ever and i have been trying/waiting for this for so long!!!! thanks again!

Amethyst

Amethyst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Thank you very much kylie... , you are cool !!!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
Domino it's PPC no use, press ESC +CTRL

Promethe

Promethe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
After pressing Command+Esc my system momentairly hangs up - with Gray Screen of Death. And there isn't any information about kernel panic in logs. I assume, that is somehow connected with my mouse... Could you post the same driver for keyboard (for example for Apple Wireless Keyboard)?
However, great work, thank you!

Kyrie1965

Kyrie1965

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
What's your video card?

Promethe

Promethe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
GMA950, CI and rest works right...

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
Promethe im not sure but this frontrowpass.kext works even for keyboard just change the ID vendor and product with ur keyboard value

Kyrie1965

Kyrie1965

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

After pressing Command+Esc my system momentairly hangs up - with Gray Screen of Death. And there isn't any information about kernel panic in logs. I assume, that is somehow connected with my mouse... Could you post the same driver for keyboard (for example for Apple Wireless Keyboard)?
However, great work, thank you!

You can use this driver for keyboard.

You only need to change "HIDDefaultBehavior" from "Mouse" to "Keyboard" in Info.plist of FrontRowPass.kext. And use your USB keyboard DeviceID and VendorID.

d1g1ta7

d1g1ta7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Finally got it working, had to fix my audio afterwards though.

autoy

autoy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Got it working fine with romeo and T68i phone :) Thanx to all for the tips.

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
My mouse is some weird RadioShack model that uses USB outputs, yet it came bundled with a "USB to standard mouse input" extension thinggy. Basically, my mouse works a lot smoother and more responsive when it's plugged into the the standard mouse input, instead of the USB.

FrontRow is working great and all, but could I add device and vendor IDs from some other peripheral that's plugged into a USB port other than my mouse or a keyboard? Does the kext just make sure the designated peripheral with matching device and vendor IDs is connected or not, or does it actually utilize it somehow? I don't see where the mouse comes into all this, because while in Front Row, my keyboard does all the navigation, and it's not a USB keyboard either.

Just asking. Thanks for any replies.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
Takuro, :afro:

You can not control Front Row with mouse. It is not a hack of Front Row. It is native Front Row like on any Mac with Apple Remote.

With this driver "SystemUIServer" think that there is Apple Remote in computer and let you to run Front Row.

You can use Salling Clicker to control Front Row with Bluetooth (Wi-Fi) mobile phone (or HPC)

Salling Clicker
http://www.salling.com/Clicker/mac/

Supported devices
http://www.salling.c...mac/devices.php

Universal Binary version (beta)
http://www.salling.c...opic.php?t=3489

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy