Apple keyboard

homers

45 posts in this topic

Hello, my Apple Aluminium Keyboard doesn't work in my Hack Mac, Im on 10.5.3 Zephyroth and Leo4All 10.5.2 doesn't too !!!!

Model Identifier: MS-7309

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+

Processor Speed: 2.73 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Any ideas about how can fix this issue.... ????? the regular white Apple Keyboard is working fine !!!!!

:):( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!

post-258573-1217104952_thumb.gif

Hello, my Apple Aluminium Keyboard doesn't work in my Hack Mac, Im on 10.5.3 Zephyroth and Leo4All 10.5.2 doesn't too !!!!

Model Identifier: MS-7309

Processor Name: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+

Processor Speed: 2.73 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Any ideas about how can fix this issue.... ????? the regular white Apple Keyboard is working fine !!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!

Does the keyboard work on any other computer even running windows?

Hello.

I noticed that the aluminum keyboard doesn't operate F2 during boot to enter a PC BIOS.

I don't know if it would operate the more common DEL.

Otherwise both the keyboard and wired Mighty Mouse worked great on a PC running Vista and XP.

The Mighty Mouse is my favorite of the two. The aluminum keyboard is OK but my stupid fingers miss keys when touch typing.

I like the style and feel and the fact that it's easy to clean so I think it's a keeper.

Strong Fingers!

One of the many advantages of taking Typing Class before the age of computers!

Keri

• 1 month later...

For me I just shelled out NZ$80 for a mac aluminium keyboard, but I use it with my HP Tablet when it is docked (running openSuse) and I love this thing. Its quiet, and the large key surface really helps with my poor typing 8)

Sometimes very cold to the touch though, especially on frosty mornings and seams to attract dust more then the plastic MS keyboard it replaced. Maybe it jsut shows up more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone use it with Xp 64 ?? I'm thinking buy one but I don't know if drivers exist for it.

Edit I find this http://smallcomputing.net/2008/09/16/how-t...ard-in-windows/

wow... it took me almost a year to find something that would allow me to use the eject, playback and volume controls of the aluminum kb in xp... I actually tried a version of what is in that link several times... turns out I had the right idea but was going about it wrong. anyways, Thank you so much for posting that link Ultimeus. now I can use my kb as it was intended.

• 2 weeks later...

the mighty mouse is unfortunately overpriced and not very good at all compared with logitech and razer for example, build quality is not up to apple usual high standards and it nots accurate enough, style over substance really

the aluminium keyboard is very nice though :D

argh, my first post on here and i'm already bumping old posts, apols :sorcerer:

thanks to all for the excellent info on these forums, running a very stable osx (iDeneb based) on my tosh laptop thanks to your knowledge!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The keyboard is pretty terrible, almost as bad as the mighty mouse. It's "ergonomic design" promotes DVT, fantastic!

The keyboard will work on windows, if you install bootcamp drivers.

Hmm...

My 9 year old nephew has been pining over my Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.... I got him a slick Microsoft setup for his birthday... the same I use at work. Would it be considered child abuse if I tricked him into trading with me? I'm pretty baffled by the positive attention given to Apple keyboards and mice given by fans. Sure, they look beautiful but after months of use, I've decided I freaking hate them. I guess if I were a "hunt and peck" typist I would mind as much but then I'd still have to contend with this abomination of a mouse. B)

I've noticed something about the Apple keyboard and mighty mouse...

Younger people love them, older folk hate them.

I'm 23 and love them. The coworkers that approach/exceed my parents' age grimace at the touch of them.

Perhaps the experience differs too much from the typewriters of their past?

I've noticed something about the Apple keyboard and mighty mouse...

Younger people love them, older folk hate them.

I'm 23 and love them. The coworkers that approach/exceed my parents' age grimace at the touch of them.

Perhaps the experience differs too much from the typewriters of their past?

*raises an eye brow*

If you're 23, I really doubt your parents spent a whole lot of time with a typewriter. Yikes! How old do you think we really are?!!!! Don't answer that! *laugh*

While I really do hate the keyboard, it's not because I hate the feel... it looks great, feels great... I've just never gotten used to it, probably because I have to spend so much time each day with a more traditional keyboard at work. After months of use, my fingers still stumble over the keys and my error rate is unacceptable. For those who don't touch type the way Mavis Beacon intended or spend the majority of their time on the Apple keyboard, I can see them loving it!

Still, there are some ergonomic issues with Apple's designs I think they could easily address but for some strange reason just don't. I guess it will mess up their clean line design or something.... form over function has ALWAYS been an issue with Apple keyboards and mice.

You nailed it.

When I got a fancy iMac at work, going back to that damn clunky Microsoft keyboard was like going to hell each night. I had to buy one for home.

Switching back and forth definitely made typing more troublesome in both places.

Do you find the aluminum keyboard comfortable? I really enjoy that my wrists can rest flat on the desk as opposed to a typical "palm rest" that increases the angle of my wrists (aka carpal tunnel angle).