LEOPARD Leo4all complete tutorial

Sambaran

56 posts in this topic

Welcome to my MAC Leo4all 10.5.2 Tutorial.

Sambaran Ghosh

Things you need:

1. A bootable CD with a partition management tool like Acronis Disk director or simply windows 98 bootable CD with fdisk or windows 98 bootable floppy in order to use XP boot loader after installing Leopard.

2. Leo4all install DVD(Other releases may work as well. You have to use your own intelligence.)

Now follow the steps carefully:

A. Make a primary partition of at least 8 GB (15 GB recommended as MAC only allows installing software on the OSX partition). Format it as FAT32 from windows if you like. Make sure it is primary and not NTFS. All other partitions are preferred in FAT32 format as MAC cannot write on NTFS format.

B. Now restart your computer and insert the OSX installation DVD and boot from it. Wait about 7 minutes!!!

C. After choosing the language go to Utilities menu and choose Disk Utility. Select the partition you created and format it as MAC HFS+ Journaled. After format is complete close disk utility.

D. Click the continue button and accept the License agreements. Then the most important part comes.

E. Choose Customization and then deselect the additional language translations and printer driver to save disk space.

F. Choose the appropriate Chipset drivers.(In my case Via chipset Driver only!). Remember choose only one.

G. Choose the appropriate Graphic Card driver(In my case choose NVidia kext and nvinject 256 mb kext. SELECT BOTH!!!)

H. Choose the sound card driver(In my case AC97Audio).

I. Choose the Ethernet driver(In my case none)

J. Choose AMD Machine fix and tie machine fix and keep the default kernel.(Vanilla kernel for Intel only! Not tested by me)

K. Now continue with the installation. Choose the OSX drive and keep patience. It will take 18 minutes approx. After that machine will restart.

L. Now you should be at the Darwin boot loader. Choose the Leopard volume and Leopard will start to boot.

M. Now a intro movie will be played and you will be represented with the account creation menus. But in most case this process become an endless loop and account is never created. For that restart the machine manually and at Darwin boot loader before choosing Leopard type –s and press enter. After a short will you will be presented at the root: Type the following to create an administrator account manually with name root.

a. /sbin/fsck –fy

b. /sbin/mount –uw /

c. /sbin/mount –uw /

d. passwd root ##it will ask you to enter a new password

e. touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

f. The default login user will be root.

g. After logging in create a standard account from system settings accounts option.

N. Login to the root account and go to applications and run kext helper and install the kext you need(For me ViaRhine and AC97audio). Enter the root user password and select the easy install. Cross your finger and restart the machine.

O. If all is OK then shout vollaaaa!!!

P. Now if you want to use XP boot loader(I don't know about vista) insert a partition manager CD and select the XP Drive as bootable and restart the machine.

Q. Use the chain0 file method to select Leopard. It is located in the install DVD itself. To do this go to XP root drive(C: most cases)and paste the chain0 file(copy from DVD first). Go to system properties by right clicking on my computer and select advanced. Select startup and recovery settings and edit system startup. Type the following at the boot.ini file after XP path:

a. C:\chain0="Mac OS X"

b. Here is a screenshot:

macbootee7.th.jpg

R. Save the boot.ini file and restart. Now you can choose the Mac OS X from XP boot loader. Choose it you will go to Darwin boot loader. Choose the Leopard partition from there MAC will start. You can even use the chain0 method for 2 different hard drive with XP in one drive and MAC in the other. Chain0 file will automatically search for the HFS+ partition on both disks.

Done!!!

Best of Luck!!!

My system configuration:

Asus K8V-MX motherboard

AMD 3000+ processor

Via VT8237 chipset

Soundmax AD1888 audio

512mb of ram. :D

chain0.rar

Well I was getting a panic at the 1st boot after installing something about the Video Drivers

So I booted with -s and fired up ./RemoveVideo then I managed to get into the setup process and voila it's working.. only one problem, NO VIDEO ACCELERATION

Durring install I had selected nVIDIA kext and 128 Inject [GeForce 6600 - 128MB]

Now the problem is how do I get video acceleration?

I should probably say that with the 10.5.2 Zephyroth release I had full video acceleration, but it froze very frequently making it unusable.

AMD SSE2 CPU

got it working.. by using the nvidia kexts from the zephyroth release.. after panic i booted the tiger and by use of pacifist i installed the package from the dvd.. I also ran the included patcher.. and when I botted up it was working

Don`t work for me... I have a Presario laptop F730US, with Tiger native... and when I try boot dvd Leo4All or Kaliway or Zephyroth... don`t boot, after recognize my disk, the pc reboot... anyone have some information about this? any help???

unsuccessful so far with this release & instructions. installing on a dfi lanparty dk p35-t2rs, e2160 @ 3.0, g.skill 4gb ddr2 1000 & msi nx8800gt 512 oc. install is successful but on reboot i get past the darwin loader and it just sits at a blank screen. any ideas what that means? on install i selected ichx chipset, no audio, marvell lan, nvdia driver & 512 driver, vanilla kernel.

This method is nothing like the install option in Leo4allv2. This is how I did mine

Place cd in tray

let it load

click next on Select Language (Default to English)

go to disk utility from the utility menu

format the partition

exit

click next on the screen

select partition

click on option and deselect all the language install

close and hit next to install.

waited about 15 mins

restarted and booted up.

everything works except for my wireless. specs in my sig. For the kernel, I just left it as it is. I did try the vanilla 9.2.2, didn't work so I just left whatever was checked.

The reason why alot of this dosn't work is because of the Acronis boot selector. Now im an OSx86 newbie but i know enough to say that the acronis boot selector is a very unreliable meathod of booting. I'm not sure if the Easy BCD would work with this but if it does I would much rather do that.

ok i started new system from scratch.

I formatted a part. windows loaded windows xp

I formatted part. fat 32 called leo

loaded windows

loaded leo4allv2 after installing the pc rebooted and when it loaded back up it didnt give me option to pick leo or windows all it did was said

hit key to start from cd rom or hit f8 for loading options.

And all it wants to do is load it again.

What did i do wrong.......

ok, I'm having some problems here, when I found this thread I had already installed leo4allv2 so I can't do part a. The problem I'm having is that after it installs successfully, it restarts and boots up or whatever, and then I get the dreaded message of still waiting for root device, I haven't tried installing with unchecking the language boxes, all I checked was the and thing. Do you think that could be the problem, oh and how can I get the computer to boot up in non-verbose mode? For some reason it boots up in verbose mode by itself. Thanks

I still have a problem after the installation, endless loop and account is never created... si I tried Sambaran instructions, but, nothing happens whan I type Passwd root. There is:

dis1s2: device is write locked

Why? What's wrong?

Thanks for your help.

I still have a problem after the installation, endless loop and account is never created... si I tried Sambaran instructions, but, nothing happens whan I type Passwd root. There is:

dis1s2: device is write locked

Why? What's wrong?

Thanks for your help.

You need to mount the partion first.

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

then do the passwrd root part.

You need to mount the partion first.

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

then do the passwrd root part.

That's what I did... and when I do the password root part, nothing happens. Juste few "device is write locked ... ".

Wired...

Istallation works flawslessly, but after I have rebooted and the darwin booter starts, it ends up telling me "Still waiting for root device" any1 else had this problem?

Edit:

It worked after i put AHCP or something on, my boot sequence looked a bit different with that enabled. What does it do exactly?

i understand AHCP is to enable support for old types of bios that dont support ACPI or something like that so it can support your hardware... i'm not sure if this is right.

Also.. i installed Leo4All just fine! exept that when i enable Nvidia 10.5.2 kext and Nvinject 256 for my nvidia 7050GS / nforce 630 the system hangs just before going into the login screen... i don't get any kernel panics.. the system just freezes, does anyone know if we have to modify anything to remove the " 00ffff" thing or something like that? any help is apreciated... i can install nvinject without "nvidia 10.5.2 kexts" with no problem, but i have no video acceleration, maybe you guys know of another driver that works? also... my Realtek ALC662 High Definition Audio isn't detected in the system profiler at all... i've tried some drivers but they dont work, and my lan just doesn't work, even if i select forcedeth under the installation... my specs are in my sig. thanks

HI everyone,

i have installed leo4all v2 and its working fine on my pc, but my graphics card have no acceleration

ITS A NVIDIA GFORCE 6200 TC 256MB.

I dont even can change the resolution of the display.

Can someone help me?

actually, such questions have to be asked in another thread («Hardware & Drivers» for example), but listen. First of all, you need a working Natit. It just needs to recognize your hardware, availability of changing res or QE/CI absolutely unnecessary. After that you have to find a tutorial, how to add GFX-string of your hardware to boot.plist file (try to search forum on netkas.org). 

hen just install last MBP drivers (file called  NVInstallerV.41, just google), and find these files: NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext, and GeForce.kext. Then find this string in in

o.plist of ALL THREE files

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x****10de</string>

find your GC device id (boot unuder win and watch properties of GC) and replace **** with your device id. actually, you can keep only one string with your GC's dev id & vendor id and delete all other. they need just to make driver universal for all nvidia cards. Then replace com.Apple.boot.plist with GFX string in it (do everything as

in tutorials). After that you shoul have fully working graphic cards.