LEOPARD Leo4all complete tutorial

Sambaran

56 posts in this topic

I installed Leo4All. Everything went fine but when i hit enter without typing -v after installation it hangs at blue screen.

And when i type -v and everything works fine except my wireless keyboard. and with only -x(safe boot) keyboard works but my wireless card don ot work do not. Is their someone saw same kind of issue. Please help...

• 2 weeks later...
got it working.. by using the nvidia kexts from the zephyroth release.. after panic i booted the tiger and by use of pacifist i installed the package from the dvd.. I also ran the included patcher.. and when I botted up it was working

Hi,

I've got extactly the same issue with the kernel panic on my Geforce 7600GT. Can you please explain in more detail what you did to fix it, or even supply me with the relevant files? Pretty please! If I can get the video sorted I'll be a happy chap.

Thanks

Hi!!

So, i'm noob... :tomato: and trying to install OSX86 with leo4allv2. I've got the endless loop account creation problem and tried to follow sambaran instructions but i'm stuck at f. I think i'm already logged as root, (it says something like root#) but i have no idea how to create an account via the console (g.) and when i tried N., i went to Applications but cannot run kext helper. (when i do a "ls" i got a Kext Helper b7.app but i can't do anything with that).

Can someone help me and explain me clearly how to do it please?

Thanx.

P.S. : Sorry for my english.... :(

EDIT : I've managed to log in but only by booting with -X option. Must be a driver problem.

I wonder anyone can tell me would this work on my configuration:

MB: P4S5A/DX+

CPU: P4 2.4GHz 533MHz

AGP: ATI 1650 Pro 256MB 8x (Dual DVI)

RAM: DDR 2x512MB

HDD: IDE WD 160GB

Thanks for any help or tipp.

Unfortunately no, if CPU SSE2 ONLY, you will get a permanent reboot.

Disable all devises in bios is the easiest way to get goingThis was the only way I could load up Leo4all.Then I enabled them one at a time. For sound, you might want to enable the onboard sound AFTER you get to the install screen and select it in custom install.And don't forget to make an image of the install drive so if you mess it up you can go back to the running state. cheers!Also disable Power management if you can and boot with cpus=1 for core duo like me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

well i'm compleetly newb on this things so that is probably my biggest prob.

I have a laptop asus G1 - specs:

intel core 2duo T7200

-intel pro/wireless 3945abg

-Chipset: mobile intel 945pm express chipset

-Mem: DDRII 533/667mHZ, w/ 2GB

-Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go7700 512 MB

I've instaled succesfully leo4allv3. the thing is when i reboot i have kernel panic and after a while it just says "Computer version G1" and freezes here. No boot happens - nothing.

I've tryed severel times with different kernels. I tested my cpu meaning I know SSE2 and SSE3 are supported.

however when it comes to chose the 3rd partie drivers I have no clue what to chose in the chipset. and I've tried with Intel one and without the sound and graphic and the error is always the same. still i guess the problem should be here.

I've read somewhere that it may be the Bios but on that field I'm even more newb.

I'd apreciate some help. :wacko:

cheers.

When I try to boot Leo4allv3 I get the ACPI platform error (unable to find driver for this platform). Is there a fix to this problem?

SPECS:

AMD 3200+

ASUS A8V-MX K8M800 Motherboard

SATA II 500GB WinXP drive

IDE 60GB Leopard drive

Ok guys. So after 10 installs and formats :P finally i have a working leopard on my Asus G1

So what did I do. When we're asked to customize the elements to instal use:

kernel vanilla 9.2.0

chipset: Intel 7/8/9

about the sound card i used the same of the tutorial user AC97. but it isn't working yet

graphic i used the nvidia kext and the inject for nvidia GO. However i'm not sure there is a graphic acelleration working

SMBIOS used the one for DDR2 667 (i had never tried it before)

take out the firewire thing (I guess the problem was actually here)

now i'll have a hard but funny time working for the first time in this thing.

Good luck and thanks for everything ;)

im trying to install leo4all V3 and since i press enter give a

panic error i upload the pic of it

what i can do in this case

also here is the info of my computer

anything that i have to change in the BIOS

Motherboard Model: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 4200 2.2 GHz

Chipset: NORTH BRIDGE NVIDIA NFORCE4 SLI X16

HDD: 2 500GB Sata and 1 320GB Sata

Sound Card: integrate Realteck AC'97

post-242970-1213818071_thumb.jpg

Well, Leo4All 10.5.2 is working well on my machine. My computer stats are in my sig...

I am just wondering how to update to 10.5.3 without boofing my install... And suggestions?

I have worked with the OSx86 project for years and I am still learning the advanced steps...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
ok i started new system from scratch.

I formatted a part. windows loaded windows xp

I formatted part. fat 32 called leo

loaded windows

loaded leo4allv2 after installing the pc rebooted and when it loaded back up it didnt give me option to pick leo or windows all it did was said

hit key to start from cd rom or hit f8 for loading options.

And all it wants to do is load it again.

What did i do wrong.......

You forgot to remove the disk from cd/dvd rom

• 4 weeks later...

I just went through the whole process on my HP dv6436nr laptop (Amd turion x64, nvidia geforce go 6150, ...) and I sucessfully got through all of the steps up to booting. I turn on my computer, and the darwin boot loader shows me all my harddrive partitions. I pick the one I installed mac on, and it goes through a long loading sequence of text (the same one it showed when I first put the disk in to install) and then it stops at an error (firewire security level not detected, set default to maximum security) and then waits for a while, and then begins to show a message that says "Still waiting for root device". It continues to display this message over and over until the screen is full of them, though with some time between each. It does not go past this part. Does anyone know what this message means, or what I should do? Did I do something wrong? Or is it something with my hardware configuration that I need to change something in the installation for?

Thanks

Oh, btw, using leo4all, not other boot disks.

• 1 month later...

hello all,

well, im having a problem that i don't has been discussed here (that i can find anyway). I have successfully installed leo4all v5 server on my machine (with the following spec:)

AMD X2 4200+ (2.2Ghz)

A8N-E motherboard

AC97 Audio

IDE DVD drive

80GB Seagate SATA Harddrive

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB Graphics Card

but my problem is booting after installation. When booting for the first time after installation the screen just hangs before getting to an intro sequence or login screen. When running the boot up using a -v switch i get the following:

osx86error.jpg

does anyone have any idea why i would get this? It looked like a network adapter error to me so i reinstalled without any network patches and turned off the network adapter in BIOS but still got the same error.

Any thoughts would be greatfully appreciated!

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I got a hold of leo4all last night, however when I came to open it this morning there is lots of different rar files in the downloaded rar file. Which one do I use?

Hi, basically the ISO image for Leo4All has been broken down into various .rar files. What you need is a utility winrar. If you don't have you can google it and download it from any site and install it (even trial version will do the work). If you already have a winrar installed you may start from this point onward.

Now open the Leo4All downloaded folder and double click the first part of rar file. Choose extract path and press ok. It will automatically assemble all .rar parts and re-generate the iso image for you on the specified path.

Hope it will benefit for all those who are new. Cheers !!

• 3 months later...
Hey guys.

well i'm compleetly newb on this things so that is probably my biggest prob.

I have a laptop asus G1 - specs:

intel core 2duo T7200

-intel pro/wireless 3945abg

-Chipset: mobile intel 945pm express chipset

-Mem: DDRII 533/667mHZ, w/ 2GB

-Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go7700 512 MB

I've instaled succesfully leo4allv3. the thing is when i reboot i have kernel panic and after a while it just says "Computer version G1" and freezes here. No boot happens - nothing.

I've tryed severel times with different kernels. I tested my cpu meaning I know SSE2 and SSE3 are supported.

however when it comes to chose the 3rd partie drivers I have no clue what to chose in the chipset. and I've tried with Intel one and without the sound and graphic and the error is always the same. still i guess the problem should be here.

I've read somewhere that it may be the Bios but on that field I'm even more newb.

I'd apreciate some help. :)

cheers.

I have G1 and have managed to get it working with iDeneb 1.4 / 10.5.6. OSX86 seems stable, but no webcam or audio yet...