LEOPARD Leo4all complete tutorial

Sambaran

56 posts in this topic

Hi,

So just like others i'm a total stranger to hackintosh, but i fell in love with Mac OSX.

After some research i decided to go with leo4all, so i downloaded v3 from here. I extracted the ISO, burned it and then used ubuntu to create a FAT32 partition. But here is my problem (and my guess is, because im new to this im forgetting something incredibly simple); but when I insert the DVD it loads the darwin bootloader, I press enter to load installation and then it says: 'can't boot: couldn't find /library/system/com.boot.apple' or something alike, but i'm missing files needed to boot.

So I boot windows again, click in the DVD, open it in my computer and this is what I see:

naamloosfk.png

Now as I said: im probably forgetting something stupid as hell since no-one seems to have this problem, but please forgive me for that since I'm new to this!

I'd appreciate any help!!

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

My system is the following (although i suspect that isn't the problem in this case):

HP pavilion dv6132eu

• 2 weeks later...

Successful install of Leo4all v4.1.1 10.5.4 AMD

>>>> (see the edit at the bottom)

Hardware:

* Motherboard: ASUS M3N78-VM

* RAM: 2 GB (2x1)

* CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2 GHz Dual Core

* Chipset: NVIDIA 8200 (MCP78S)

* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 128 MB, HDMI support

* Hard disk: Maxtor 120 GB IDE (only!!!) - MASTER

* DVD ROM - IDE, SLAVE

* LAN: NVIDIA nForce built-in Realtek 8211CL-GR PHY

BIOS:

====

* Version: 1309

* Main -- Storage configuration -- SATA On Board adapter: DISABLED

Install process specifics/tips

=========================

- on boot prompt: only "-v" option ("verbouse" - to show all messages)

- used standard instructions: "Disk utility" to delete the current drive, then change the default partition, created by the deletion, to Mac OS (journaled); then configure drivers/packages

Don't be too quick to judge the install process has "hanged"!!!!

===================================================

* ignore whatever "errors" you see in the pre-graphical install, unless it stays for too long time at one place, or starts repeating messages (very popular problem is "still waiting for root device")

* if in doubt whether the install has hanged, watch if hard drive or the DVD drive show activity - if yes, it is almost for sure going OK

* highly recommended: during the graphical install, monitor the progress by going to "Window" -- "Log", the choose "Show All logs" (the Log window always shows the last log line)

* it is OK when if the Log sits for more than 45-60 mins at line "Extracting"

(depends on the hard drive, DVD and overall computer speed)

* it is OK if initially the graphical "install time calculation" shows short time of install (e.g. a few minutes), then the calculated install time starts to grow to up to about 1:30 hrs (!!!), then starts going down OK (it is not correct anyway)

Changes in install configuration settings compared to the default:

=====================================================

CHECKED the following:

-----------------------

* Chipset: "nForce chipset driver ..." (EXACTLY this caption)

* Graphics: nForce NvKush (Diabolic)

* Audio: AziraAudio EDIT: makes no sense to install - doesn't work anyway

* EFI required packages: (this is the default)

>> SMBIOS-EFI: (only) SMBIOS Netkas

>> ACPI Platform: (only) ACPIPlatform 1.1.0

>> EFI-Bootloader: (all checked)

* PS2Fix

* USB2

* Network: Forcedeth-V EDIT: makes no sense to install - doesn't work anyway

REMOVED the following:

-----------------------

* all languages (English is default, not selectable)

* Chipset: VIA

* Chipset: Intel

* Kernels-NO-EFI

EDIT:

-----------------------

- embedded network and embedded audio actually didn't work - we installed another PCI network and PCI audio cards (with Creative driver)

• 4 months later...

Well, what worked for me,especially to get through the migration loop, was to re-install osx (iDeneb in my case) and during format as hfs+, setting one partition, and pressing options to set the partition scheme to GUID. After this my install proceeded exactly as the posted guidesindicate. Hope this helps, this information isn't in any of the guides for some reason.

Ok i have tried Leo4all and this one has givin me the most advancement as far as install goes. Now my problem is that i can get it installed on an external but i cannot get it on a internal . I have either one of the following problems.

1st. Still waiting for root device. (This error ive been getting with almost every other install i have tried im guessing its a hard drive issue.)

2nd Hangs during install. This was just seen on a recent install where i took a leo4all 4.1 and modified it for what i belive to by my chipset (i have no way of telling currently)

3rd. I got this one with the leo4all 4.1 with out any modifications. What it did was any time i tried to do any thing with the internal hard drive the install or disk utility would work for about 1 min then i would get lines accross my screen going diagonial.

As for my laptops specs. I am running a Presario f756nr specs are

Microprocessor1.9 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58Microprocessor Cache512KB+512KB L2 CacheMemory2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB)Memory MaxUp to 3072MB DDR2Video GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce 7000MVideo MemoryUp to 335 MBHard Drive160 GB (5400 rpm)Multimedia DriveSuper Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer SupportDisplay15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)Fax/ModemHigh speed 56K modemNetwork CardIntegrated 10/100 Ethernet LANWireless Connectivity802.11 b/g WLANSoundAltec Lansing speakersKeyboard101 key compatiblePointing DeviceTouch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad

Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

What's up guy. How was your today?

Actually, i want to know which kind of mac OSX (of course, non mac product) suit my labtop. Please help me?

This is a my labtop's information.

Toshiba satellite l305d-s5934.

CPU:AMD Turion x2 dual core Mobile RM-70, 2Gb

Graphic card: ATI Radeon 3100 graphics

Hard: FUJITSU MH22250 BH G1 ATA Device (SCSi3 250.1gb ATA Fujitsu hard)

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

ACPI x86 based computer

I tried to almost 6 kind of mac OS X. Unfortunately, all of those didn't work me.

I tried to

1. Ideneb v 1.6 10.5.8 Lite edition (Leopard) ( it says kernel panic...)

2. Snow OS X 1.6 it says kernel panic

3. Mac OSX 10.5.2 Kalyway (Leopard) (I stick white mac logo when i boot it

4. Leo4allv3 final 10.5.2 Result is same Kalyway

5. Mac os x 10.4.8 I forgot what it says

Please help me. I really want to see Mac OS X, is running my labtop. If i have money I will buy mac labtop.

Please help me. I need help help.