maxxuss website down

enb14

114 posts in this topic

Thanks, MarineCorps97, Just another example of the brilliant users we have on this forum. :dev:

We all know there are places on the net where illegal things are available. We dont endorse any of them, and Im sure people will find their way there as they always do.

In the meantime, we have a simple policy of staying on the rigth side of the law, and we thank you all for respecting it.

I tried Google's cache for the patches and I got nothing. Figures, now that I have a CPU that might be able to do OS X and I can't get the patches (was looking for the one for 10.4.3). LOL

-Lockar

i'm a newbie and i needed the patches, so i just used Google's cache of maxxuss' site so i could still get to the links for the patches. just in case anyone needs them... i was also able to see the instructions for the patches as well.

all the downloads for his patches on rapidshare still work for me just fine...

Уважаемые пользователи!

В настоящий момент на серверах проекта ПОЧТА.РУ проводятся профилактические работы. Планируемое время окончания работ 12:00 22.02.2006

Приносим свои извинения за доставленные неудобства.

Someone can translate it ?

Edit (http://freetranslation.paralink.com):

Dear users!

At the moment on servers of project ПОЧТА.РУ preventive works are spent. Planned time of the termination of works 12:00 22.02.2006

We apologize for the delivered inconveniences.

Hi everyone,

in my opinion we all shouldn't post any other sites regarding Maxxuss. If these are true, some organization can track him down. So i hope we all agree that we shoudn't post any links or infos about what we've found about Maxxuss. He is a great programmer (hacker) and let it stay as long as possible.

p.s.

sorry for my english, i'm not a native english speaker

--

best regards

fingerr

The blog.cc is down (already from here)

--12:18:37--  "Maxxuss' Blog"
	   => `index.html'
Resolving "Maxxuss' Blog"... 70.84.133.2
Connecting to "Maxxuss' Blog"|70.84.133.2|:80... failed: Operation timed out.
Retrying.

What happens? ;)

* EDIT: All OK now, perhaps a temporary failure... *

I've been following this story closely and posted an entry on my blog about the shutdown. Interestingly, I recieved a comment from an IP than ARIN says is located in Amersterdam. The message reads:

Respected users! At the present moment on the servers of project POCHTA.RU are conducted preventive works. The planned time of the end of works 14:00 22.02.2006 we bring our apologies for the delivered inconveniences.

I guess the tinfoil hats can all come off again. :-)

Now that I see he has a blog up again, we can all rest easy.

Also the legality of the Google Cache system has already been decided. Please refer to this link for more info. http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/004344.php I am not a lawyer but the judge in that case ruled Google as a Safe Harbor under the DMCA.