New Time Machine and Airport updates not safe for most hack users.

apowerr

130 posts in this topic

Asus p5b-e plus - so far so good. Installed it BEFORE reading this topic and (thanks God) nothing crashed... yet.

Have Kalyway 10.5.1 with 10.5.2 combo and 9.2.0 kernel upgrade.

Hey! New drivers for my x1950pro installed automatically. Now it sees all the monitors and card internals correctly. That was good news. BAD news follow: the videocard's fan is now at maximum speed and howls like a turbine!!! :)

Startup/shutdown issues have been fixed earlier, by simply disabling "ACPI 2.0" in bios.

worked perfectly fine for me without having to modify anything

Specs:

Toshiba A100-0FH

Running Leopard 10.5.2 (Kalyway 10.5.1 Vanilla & PC_EFI V8 & 10.5.2 Update & Kernel Package)

Mach Kernel : 9.2.2

CPU: Core Duo, T2050 @ 1.6GHz

Since applying this update (to 10.5.2 vanilla with EFI), my console is full of this error:

_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

- from just about every application. Also Rosetta apps (ie. CS2) have become painfully slow to use.

Tried the new Netkas SMBIOS but it makes no difference. It also gives an error under "Memory" in System Profiler, which the previous version didn't.

Edit: fixed the UUID thing by replacing IONetworkingFamily, might be imagining it about Rosetta, perhaps it's always sucked... pity about the new SMBIOS though

this update has killed my desktop rig. When the system starts booting, it hangs at the point when the hard drives are detected. I'm going to try the old kernel and see what transpires.

No problem here

i installed netkas AppleSMBIOS.kext first then did this (don't know if that makes a difference)

machine:

Gigabyte-P35DS3L

E6300 (OC 2.8)

on a side note, i updated to safari 3.1 + Quicktime a day or 2 ago..... trashed my system (i have no idea why)

anyone have a problem with that? (this was prior to the release of Time machine update)

Yeah it is, I've considered it but I'm glad I didn't buy it. I have to spend to much time in Windows everytime something goes wrong ;)

It's still worth it, I am dual booting OS X and Vista Ultimate (OS X is primary, Vista is for games) and it works fine in Vista.

The command key is the windows key and everything else is as it should be. The media keys don't work of course but doesn't worry me.

I dont' have any problem on my Gigabye PC-Mac, but not working on my P5L-MX PC-Mac. After the update, it kept rebooting.

Later on, I had to use my Macbook Pro to run the "Kalyway Kernel update" to fix the Kernel problem. Now back to Darwin 9.2.0

Updated with no issues. Did firmware update for timecapsule as well.

So far so good, i still need to look into why my system takes a minute or two to load; it's always been like that but I'm just glad it loaded :(. Now I have update the wireless card on my roommates macbook pro...

So, I was pretty stupid..

I ran this update blindly on a non-vanilla kernel not thinking these innocuous-named updated would have kernel updates hidden in them. Lesson learned.

Now, how can I unbrick my machine? I didn't back up mach_kernel or anything before updating.

Hey guys I installed this on a Kalyway 10.5.2 installation. I updated to 10.5.2 from 10.5.1 and I installed all the updates just mentioned here without any issue. When you install them make sure to use the -x option when it reboots, it'll install in safe mode then it'll reboot itself and the updates will be installed. Forgot to mention that I am using the vanilla kernel.

Applied the updates here, like others though I didnt read up on it before installing and it bricked the system. But Im quite experienced with Hackintosh's now so I do keep backups of all critical kext's, including the kernel and system.kext, from all versions of OSX Ive ever installed. So I rebooted with the DVD, went into terminal and replaced the new kernel with my old backups... now back to a fully working system, with updates applied successfully, albeit on the 9.2.0 kernel (I dont run EFI and dont have a Core2Duo so vanilla is not an option here).

All updates applied without any issues so far. I've just noticed that in "about this mac" is "...© 1983-2007 Apple Inc." instead of previous "...© 1983-2008 Apple Inc."

I did the updates and everything went fine. But my about this mac still shows 1983-2007. I originally installed Kalyway 10.5.1 then the Kalyway 10.5.2 update.

I applied the update, and have Kernel 9.2.2. I really like it. My machine is booting MUCH faster now (maybe 12 seconds once the wheel starts). Also, overall performance really feels snappier. My startup apps are coming up seconds after boot.

However, when I shutdown, it takes a bit. Also my monitor goes black and HD spins down, but the system does not power off. I have to manually push the power button. How do I know if I'm getting a safe shutdown? As long as all my files are closed out and it's safely shut down, I don't mind having to power down manually at the end.

Sleep also doesn't work, but wasn't working before (I had Netkas 9.0.2 kernel on there before, but no luck with sleep). I wish I had a better idea how to fix the sleep. Maybe there is something mis-set in my BIOS.

EDIT: My iSight also works now! Before it would start up and then immediately power down.

Ok, no problem with the updates with my instalation Kalyway 10.5.1+10.5.2 :hysterical:

Asus P5K-E

Just came back the problem of shutdown, take a bit to shutdown and than the computer don't shudown complitly. Any Helpp for the people :D !!!!???

Thanks