ATI SB400 AC97 Repost Request

h4rm0n1c

47 posts in this topic

Yes chrs2021, the problem is on a laptop (notebook MSI S270).

BTW the chipset is the same, try to explane me what do you have made for working your system, i will try on mine. If i'm lucky it will work.....

I'm waiting......

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys i have some issues with my compaq presariov2000...

when i try to se the info about the audio is just show up No Built-in Audio.

but i have audio AC97 and .. when am playing something after a while the audio looks like getting scrapy or getting freeze ... i am new on this and probably i cant describe very well my issue but if one of u know what am talking about please HELP!!!

btm sorry about my english

• 3 weeks later...

sb400 AC97 kexts made by Slice: AppleAC97Audio.kext

Manufacturer ID: 0x1002

Product ID: 0x4370

it works, once again, proof of good work from Slice!

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP works even for Leo 10.5.2 (Kalyway 10.5.2 to be precise)

I recommend those archived plugins to be included into Kalyway delivered pack: AppleAC97Audio.kext (note to kalyway)

side effect: hardware volume control button Up/Down have sticky effect yet fixed - once pressed doesn't change volume level by 1, instead staying in changing mode as if it would be holded, until system restart. This hope will be fixed (once source code of following kext plugins will be published by Slice)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i just installed jas 10.4.3 on a dell Dimension B110, Ethernet works, everything else works. Sound only works on the right channel and I had to change it to right 2 channel and left 6 channel for sound to come out. But it does not have play back. i can't play music from media players. It plays music from web pages though. how can i fix this? I have a AC97 Audio (PCM) btw. I want sound from both channels and play back, i'm new to this, thank you...

;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi everyone,

i am using the stupid SB400 Audio 1002:4370 and i just could get it work ONCE (literally once because it worked during the boot after the first kext installation ONLY)

is there anything i can do to get it work for the second time?

i tried every ac97 kexts & even the generic azalia one, but still no luck.

any kind of help would be appreciated.

quick spec:

ati sb400 mb

1002:4370 audio

using 10.5.5

• 2 weeks later...
same problem after kext installation the interanl card starts working but after reboot it dosnt come with sound and is missing.

@Presko, SP1950:

Maybe you're in the right place (ole2 reports success with your chipset).

On my conf (1002:e004) this audio kext has some problems, sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't.

At every reboot it gives a different result, and still I don't know why.

You must keep an eye to Utilities-Audio MIDI Setup. Most of times in Audio output tab I can switch between (2ch, 4ch, 6ch), sometimes not (only 2ch or nothing at all!).

If you can switch between 2ch, 4ch and 6ch you have to:

1. switch to 4ch

2. switch back to 2ch (NOT 6ch or it will crash your system!)

This causes the driver to reinitialize, it always works for me.

t.

• 4 weeks later...

So I decided to take a look at what I've got so far with this driver. I'm using the last version from the other thread that dopefish posted.

This is what I've got. At least for my specific hardware, Gateway 7510gx, the Audio driver finds my modem instead of the headphone or speaker jacks. I'm not sure what causes this, and it seems this has happened in another driver for another piece of related hardware. I'm gooing to tinker a little bit, and if I figure out how to get audio working, I'll post my solution, but if you don't hear from me I never figured it out.

If anyone else has encountered this problem, and managed a solution, please let me know. Thanks,

-Ed

So I decided to take a look at what I've got so far with this driver. I'm using the last version from the other thread that dopefish posted.

This is what I've got. At least for my specific hardware, Gateway 7510gx, the Audio driver finds my modem instead of the headphone or speaker jacks. I'm not sure what causes this, and it seems this has happened in another driver for another piece of related hardware. I'm gooing to tinker a little bit, and if I figure out how to get audio working, I'll post my solution, but if you don't hear from me I never figured it out.

If anyone else has encountered this problem, and managed a solution, please let me know. Thanks,

-Ed

As I know you are real author of the driver? (not me, sure)

Publish your solution here, but I can't influence on topic. It would be better a moderator reorganize the thread.

• 3 months later...
sb400 AC97 kexts made by Slice: AppleAC97Audio.kext

Manufacturer ID: 0x1002

Product ID: 0x4370

it works, once again, proof of good work from Slice!

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP works even for Leo 10.5.2 (Kalyway 10.5.2 to be precise)

I recommend those archived plugins to be included into Kalyway delivered pack: AppleAC97Audio.kext (note to kalyway)

side effect: hardware volume control button Up/Down have sticky effect yet fixed - once pressed doesn't change volume level by 1, instead staying in changing mode as if it would be holded, until system restart. This hope will be fixed (once source code of following kext plugins will be published by Slice)

Im running Leo 10.5.6 and also installed this kext to make it work with my 0x4370, works fine!

But, has the same issues with buttons declared up there,

is still there a fix to this issue?

Also the mute button light is turned on itself 'til a sound comes to play.

I hope we can fix this issues soon!

Paz

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i know this isn t the right topic but maybe u have an ideea:i have the same codec cnx20468 but on ich6 id 266e 8086.tried all of appleac97 i found on this site also modified id on ati kext but with no luck whats so ever.Any help suggestions would be apreciated, thank you

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

try this on a terminal, it worked for my ATI IXP150 AC'97 with leo4all dist:

it is stero output only :rolleyes: but at least it works

sudo su -

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/Contents

sudo pico Info.plist

<dict>

<key>ATI AC97 Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleAC97AudioATIIXP</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x43411002</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<string>200</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

</dict>

</dict>

Nálam az IOPCIPrimaryMatch ot  0x43701002 kell átírni

ctrl O

ctrl X

cd ../../

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

kextload AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Hey!

I have sb400 (4370) too! I've used various kernels i've downloaded! The problem is:

I can read the audio, but it have crashes on mp3 (stop sound - the player (not only itunes, that is the audio "codec" really, come back 30seg later slowly, etc)... the error now is that cannot create the codec device! But with some other kernel, i see the message "Unsupported sample rate 44100"

By the way, they get different messages, but with the sabe problem manually!

Someone can help me?

Thanks!

Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Kalyway 10.5.2 updated - before update i had the same issue)

ATI SB400 (audio 0x43701002)

AMD Semprom

• 1 month later...

Here i am again!

Realized:

Using USB controllers, everything works fine... using PS2 (if only keyboard, works ok, trackpad is the problem), sound fails...

Someone PLEASE help me?