AD1984 used in Thinkpad X61 and L61 computers

jacob019

202 posts in this topic

The button works in FireFox 3? Hrmmm.... I wonder why it isn't initializing on mine then. Was there a setting you changed? Did you play around with any Synaptics ApplePS2Controller.kext's?

no changes, just kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 update

Hey Turbo can you point me in the right direction on trying to get your patch to work with the Dells? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Riotz

Try the Azalia patch for the HP AD1981HD by ovof, it's floating around this forum somewhere. I really know nothing about how Dell is using this chip, but the power-up patch in that kext might help you.

- Turbo

Not working on my lenovo T61 kalyway 10.5.3, I'm gonna reinstall a clean 10.5.2 and try again.

Does HD Audio Output show up in System Prefs->Sound?

I'm using 10.5.2. via 10.5.1 and the kalyway update on the X61, but i believe they're mostly identical.

Jacob

yap, I have audio output and volume control and turbo kext loaded but still no sound (nor sepakers or output mic), maybe there is a diference between T61 and R61 thinkapds, can anyone with T61 lenovo confirm that woks for him? Thx!

I have a T61 and I can confirm it works for both T61 and R61 on 10.5.2 have not tested in 10.5.3

Good news then. Can you please tell me if you have any HDAPatcher, ALCInject, AppleAzazila or AppleHDA kexts in your Extensions folder? If yes, can you pls upload them somwhere? Many thx!

Good news then. Can you please tell me if you have any HDAPatcher, ALCInject, AppleAzazila or AppleHDA kexts in your Extensions folder? If yes, can you pls upload them somwhere? Many thx!

I'd suggest downgrading to 10.5.2 for now. There are no other relevant kexts, so it must be the kernel. Perhaps you could just downgrade your kernel.

Try the Azalia patch for the HP AD1981HD by ovof, it's floating around this forum somewhere. I really know nothing about how Dell is using this chip, but the power-up patch in that kext might help you.

- Turbo

Awesome. Thanks for the tip Turbo!

yap, I have audio output and volume control and turbo kext loaded but still no sound (nor sepakers or output mic), maybe there is a diference between T61 and R61 thinkapds, can anyone with T61 lenovo confirm that woks for him? Thx!

I can confirm that it works on a T61. I used kalyway 10.5.2 then combo update. The only thing I had to do was delete the AppleHDA.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (something like that). Then I installed the patched kext via kext helper and rebooted. Sound outputs through the speakers right after the boot. It's been working for the past 2 days with no problem. Hope this helps! I was getting the same error upon kextload as you until I deleted those audio packages.

Finally works for me :)

My 10.5.3 was a mess because I tried many thgs there before, I did a clean 10.5.2 install and worked flawless :)

Many many many thx Turbo!

Last mission: QE/CI for my quadro nvs and I'll have a complete osx86.

Update: upgraded to 10.5.4 (Vanilla+Cameleon) and sound still working!

I tried downloading the file, and get a message about being unable to connect to the server, can this be hosted somewhere else please?

edit. For those that can't find the ad1984 kext you can get it here from x86osx.com, Turbo's site seems to be down.

Yea I've had the same problem ever since updating to 10.5.4...Is that what version you are running?

Edit: I just tried removing the kext off of turbo's site and installing the one via the latest link on this thread, and while updating the boot cache it made a ding through the speakers, but upon boot there was no sound and "unknown device" in the midi setup. I noticed that the kext were different sizes (newest 244kb other one 260kb), but I haven't looked at the code.

Possible Solution: I uninstalled turbo's kext; then installed azalia installer pkg to get the volume slider back, then removed it and installed the turbo kext again. Worked for me, but we'll see how long it lasts.

I am running 10.5.2 Kalyway with default install options. I just built the laptop a couple of days ago.

I downloaded the TurboAz from the latest link on this thread, since I could not get it from his site. On another note..tangent..where can I get turbos E1000 kext?

I will attempt the uninstall TurboAz, install Azalia, remove it and install back the TurboAz from the latest link. I'll post the results later.

Thanks.

I've been using it for a couple weeks now without any problems.. except it doesn't like if you plug in headphones. Use a usb headphone adapter for that. I use the Griffin iMic, it's much better than the cheapos on ebay. The network kext isn't available yet, but maybe if we send turbo more donations he will release it.