GFX-EFI string for Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB (G92)

agrafuese

112 posts in this topic

I have the Zotac 8800GT:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814500006it has a 700mhz core clock and 2000mhz memory clock. Also includes adapter for HDMI. With the rebate right now it's $235. No problems thus far and it's getting good reviews.Hopefully I can test some games this weekend and benchmark.
Noted and added to my list - THANKS for the feedback
My G92 is a no name one, some new brand that is the same as Palit ;)Vaaikoo or something like that... But at least it works,never had any problems.
Very cool...thanks amigo! My little wish list is coming together now... was almost thinking about getting an ATI card :/

thnx for hex file agra.. it works for me with NF4 chipset & Palit 8800gt 512 MB. I have already edited NVDAResman,Geforce&NVDA50hal kext files for nvinject.

But, my screen resolutin stucks into 1440*900. with nvinject 1680*1050 worked with my Syncmaster 931W as well. I don't now what is the problem. Can someone help me?

Sorry guys, but have to bail... after chatting with Netkas.. I went out and picked up an 3870 from Saphire. Using netkas natit, i was up and running right away and things are really smooth. I'm very happy with the card, its runs really cool and the performance is very nice.

good luck with your continuing work all and see you around!

My machine is finally done!!!!!

Hmm, I haven't benchmarked mine yet, I was just happy to have 1440x900 and QE/CI. Guess I'll give that a shot after classes today and see if I can find my copy of Guitar Hero 3 and see if I can get that running. It worked under Windows but stuttered too much to be enjoyable - odd considering every other game (including Crysis) runs perfectly.

• 2 months later...
Openmark 1.6

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX OpenGL Engine

1680x1050x32

Score 22579

I have a g80 8800gtx 768 meg card. Anybody have a gfx string they can give to me for this card?

Thanks Much

Hmmmm, I didn't test WITHOUT QuartzGL, but I didn't notice any slowdown.Before I had ATI X1800GTO which I must tell you was better performing in my system, but I was into experimenting so I took 8800GT.With nvinject, card had choppy graphics, not exactly good.Now everything is good.I will try it without QuartzGL and let you know...

[edit]Actually, you are right.I tried now with and without QuartzGL, and system is better performing WITHOUT.Here are results[/edit]

@cyclonefr , I tried your string but no luck on my card.I changed device path, but again nothing.If I will have time I will test it at my friend's system, which differs only by motherboard (945 chipset) and let know about results.

hi, how can i turn OFF QuartzGL ???

• 3 weeks later...

worked great. Does anyone have the s-video out working? Im getting a DVI to HDMI in the mail in a couple of days, but i'd like to get it all going if I can. I have only tested with a video capture card, so that might be the problem too.

thxia

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys

I have been reading this thread and I thought I would contribute my results. I have been using Jas 10.5.4 for my main machine but last night I set up a fresh build on a second HD, using a retail DVD install and EFI bootloader.

I used everything contained here http://www.mediafire.com/?zmezufjgtdx

Plus of course, a retail Leopard DVD and the 10.5.6 combo update from Apple.

Then adding this 10.5.6 Shutdown Fix from here http://www.mediafire.com/?ydwydyqnhno

It came from reading this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;#entry962983

Everything works as described, except sleep which reboots the machine.

Anyhow, with regard to this topic, I thought I'd bench my 8800GT and post the results using OpenGL Extensions Viewer. For reference, these results, except the 2.1 test are around 300 higher than they were using NvKush with Jas 10.5.4.

post-331032-1236255514_thumb.png

post-331032-1236255574_thumb.png

post-331032-1236255598_thumb.png