AmpedHosts.com

27 posts in this topic

numberzz: Every web host is most likely only going to have 99.9 uptime, because it would be pretty much impossible to have 100%. Things go wrong, even if we don't like it. =] We have backup servers, and technicians that will fix any problem we might have.

suhail: it may look to good to be true, but its not, we haven't had a complaint about any situation were a customer doesn't get what he/she pays for.What ever is on the plan is what they get. =] If you would like, we also have free hosting too.

So far everything seems good, received a courtesy call right after signing up. Keep in mind this is the free account. 100mb of Storage, 7gb of monthly transfer, full cpanel, no banners (so far), 2 emails, 2 subdomains.

I'm impressed, my buddy who was hosting me for free before bitched out on me and got pissed at me when I made fun of him for not being able to code for firefox, and he was like well who uses firefox anyways, everyone uses IE, then I announced to him that approximately half of all internet users use Firefox. He truly thinks internet explorer is amazing, he is not a hardware or computer guy at that, he solely just codes web from templates, kinda sad.

Anyways I found a free server quick 000webhost.com and it seemed ok, but nothing special. Amped seems to have more features for a free account. I plan to upgrade to the Bronze account in the near future if they are reliable, if not I will goto canaca.net.

Yeah AmpedHosts really cares for their customers. I bought their Gold Plan and omg its wonderful. I was thinking they would lie about it all but you actually get that much space. I love love love love it. They're never down. And yes they did call me just for a courtesy call. their live support is a really easy and fast way to contact them. I recommended it to my friend and now he is with AmpedHosts. I'm gonna have to rate them with a 10/10+

• 3 weeks later...

I have been experiencing alot of downtime over the last week or so with this host. Site is currently down. I am considering switching hosting companies if it keeps up. They said they were doing updates last night at approx. 8:00PM EST, and it is now 1:30PM the following day, and my site is still down.

Any suggestions from anyway of hosting companies, I want one that offers alot of scripts that can be installed, AmpedHosts had Fantastico Deluxe which is great! Also looking to pay about $5 CAD a month and I need cPanel.

1&1 (what I use) doesn't have cPanel, it uses a proprietary panel but its good for general use. If you want cPanel you may want to consider siteground.com, they have $6.95 hosting, a ton of features + cPanel :rolleyes:

Just so everyone is clear, omentank, clearly works for www.ampedhosts.com - you can tell from the promotional post above. Post #8 to be precise. Also because the member only has 3 posts and they are all in this topic and the user omentank, joined the day he made that post, must have been the first topic he looked at or posted in, be weary my friends it is clear what is going on here.

On a side note, their service is fairly prompt, although when you receive an email back you realize they must be in grade 9 or have an extremely horrible knowledge of the English language, which I could understand if English is not your first language but they are based out of Washington and through past phone calls no accent was distinguishable. (I can post some actual paragraphs written in email, with horrible use of the English language and through support at Rogers I discovered faulty technical support, keep in mind I was a Computer Technician so most things I understand)

And even if omentank doesn't work for ampedhosts, it makes no difference to me if it loads for him, nor for myself at that matter, but it must load for my clients in my area - Kitchener, Ontario and it is not so clearly it is not an issue with my machine. I actually called Rogers (my ISP) and they put through a service ticket to check my DNS, and everything is fine.

My site should be loading fine now as I have switched to www.servage.net - take a look

wtf i dont work for ampedhosts i just wont let some {censored} noob talk {censored} about them {censored}

{censored} nerd its not like i get on this site everyday and check this thread {censored} i hate macs i just googled ampedhosts and i seen this thread... whats wrong with that?

1&1 (what I use) doesn't have cPanel, it uses a proprietary panel but its good for general use. If you want cPanel you may want to consider siteground.com, they have $6.95 hosting, a ton of features + cPanel :dev:

I recommend Siteground also.

Just so everyone is clear, omentank, clearly works for www.ampedhosts.com

I doubt it. I'm sure they don't hire 8 year olds. {censored} this, {censored} that {censored}/{censored}! :)

I doubt it. I'm sure they don't hire 8 year olds. {censored} this, {censored} that {censored}/{censored}! :(

Don't be so certain, If you had seen some of the emails I received from their so-called support team you would understand what exactly I mean. Truly appears they write at a grade nine English level.

omentank> I'm not really going to justify what you are saying with a response however I will pose a question, why exactly would you google your host who you are extremely pleased with?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like nearlyfreespeech.net

You only pay for what you use, and there are no storage,or bandwidth limits. The rates are dirt cheap too. They don't even care what your site is, no ads on it, not a mention of them. You don't even need a domain name, you can use their nfshost.net/<yourusername> that they give you. All in all I have had excellent results with them. When you sign up, you get 2 cents free, which doesn't sound like much, but that is enough to host a medium traffic site for at least two weeks. You should try them out.