MacGyver is Back!!!

Swad

16 posts in this topic

We should make this a topic for superbowl commercials in general. Lol...

Personally, I think this superbowl sucked and had some very fancy (and obviouslly expensive) commercials, but I didn't find too many of them witty or funny. Same old low-intelligence budweiser ads featuring men in their early 20s doing... dumb {censored}. Eh, spare me.

I'm not such a big MacGyver fan.. wouldn't have known it was him in the commcerial if you didn't point it out. :)

I don't understand the whole superbowl commercial thing - do you guys just tune in to watch the ads or something?! Is american football boring?

I watched the six nations yesterday afternoon and scotland beat france!! Makes a change as we normally loose - to everyone.

Yeah, the Super Bowl is usually pretty pointless, unless you have a favorite team involved. And in America, we have teams based in a lot of big cities (California has several) so it's not quite as exciting, I would think, as having a team represent your whole nation.

Most people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, which cost upwards of 2 million dollars. A lot of them are great. A lot of them... well... aren't. But that's what makes it fun.

When i was in NY i was astounded at the amount of commercial breaks you guys have to put up with - it was even worse than UK satellite channels which have about 4 breaks an hour!

Yeah amazingly it is way worse than even Channel 5 has on terrestrial, which is a lot in my opinion. But the UK has laws that limit the max amount of commercials (remember the fiasco over Lost?).

LOL @ the MacGyver thing anyway. Although I used to have a thing for him once..hehe. I don't really miss RDA so much on Stargate now, though...Ben Browder is tolerably attractive and not always too hammy.

Anderson was what made SG-1 for me...he made for that good comic relief to balance out alot of the tense moments. As of late though, I've gotten into SG Atlantis alot more...I'm hooked, but I have to download the episodes since it only airs on an expensive cable package where I'm at in canada. :D

BTW....what happened with the Lost fiasco (yet another show I've gotten hooked on...next week's ep. should be pretty good!)?

That tube sock on the zip line would have totally burned and ripped, but I guess it was fun. (Iknow, I know... its macgyver)

I'm a Lost fan too and am curious to know what 'the Lost fiasco' was in the UK, I'm guessing they wanted too much commercial time. Love it or hate it its what finances and motivates people to make these shows, money that is.

Gotta love us Americans - always trying to squeeze out every dollar people are willing to give.

Yeah, the tube sock was little crazy. My favorite MG show was the one where he diffused a bomb. With an Indian eagle feather. Yes. A feather.

I'm pretty sure it's the power of the mullet.

Heh...I know how you feel then. Maybe not as bad, but it feels like there's a commercial break at least every 3 minutes when watching Invasion after Lost. :angry:

Btw, Cyrana....is RDA only gone for this season, or is his part with the show done?