Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

@Sophitia : Well did try you advise but I dont seem to get an other unik device:

Just as there are two with same MAC adress

Ethernet:

Type: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en0

Hardware (MAC) Address: 00:1c:df:31:c0:95

IPv4:

Configuration Method: DHCP

IPv6:

Configuration Method: Automatic

AppleTalk:

Configuration Method: Node

Proxies:

Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16

FTP Passive Mode: Yes

Intel Pro 3945:

Type: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en0

What am I doing wrong? :D

Hardware (MAC) Address: 00:1c:df:31:c0:95

IPv4:

Configuration Method: DHCP

IPv6:

Configuration Method: Automatic

AppleTalk:

Configuration Method: Node

Proxies:

Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16

FTP Passive Mode: Yes

Guys,

I have a question. I am about to download the latest software, but noticed that the network Selector software doesn't work.

It gives me the famounse error can't get control error 2 deal whereby the driver isn't loading.

Should this be happening?

Mark

How do I get in hands off theese ?

try first with kextload

iwi3945 rel 997

iwi4965 rel 998

I also wants to test... :)

directions for driver testing are at the bottom of the first post on this thread.

Welcome aboard

iwi3945 rel1001

Instant freeze at kext install, no KP's at reboot. I am posting logs after 1st and 2nd reboot. Hope they help somehow...

P.S. Big thanks to Doctadre for posting the kext!

system.txt

system_restart2.txt

iwi 3945 new-osx10.5 rev 1001I had compile errors. I'm still a noob to the Mac way so if someone could help with these errors. The build failed for me.Stats:Kalyway 10.5.2Thinkpad T60iwi3945xcode 3.0build errors attached.I was using the instructions from: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71779iwi3945 rel 1001I downloaded the kext that Doctadre posted ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...72&st=2120# ) and got these errors when loading it:May 7 16:27:17 dhcp-64-102-40-41 kextd[10]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/iwi3945.kextI'm thinking something is wrong with my setup...ideas?

untitled.txt

This is prolly it for me tonite, I'll be around roughly for another 30 mins. I kept getting timeouts. 1003 for 3945 for those to test. Later tonite I'll upload the last build if there is one for the day

{censored}, @ jala done it again. Preciate all your hard work gonna test the latest build

systemlog1003.txt

iwi3945 rel 1007 -> no KP's, still timeouts

network selector doesn't scan - I get "request scan - disabled!"

check the svn code for "request scan "

it's enabled

you've got old source code?

remove last error from log

last release for today

iwi3945 rel 1009

iwi4965 rel 1010

IWI 39blabla rel 1007.

You are Right, after boot without timeouts, got 1 auto scan, then i did several with network selector, but just scans "a", dont scan "bg"

Going to test next version.

What are we looking for in the logs in 1009 version? :blink: , im scanning with network selector... added one manual scan log.

Iwi_3945_Network_selector.zip

Reboot_and_several_scans.txt

one_manual_scan_log.txt

r803, iwi2200-osx10.5, as far as I know

install scripts, nsGUI.app, networkSelector, and the kext are all linked in the pkg [basically, it should work]

You just have to select the revision on the SVN. (It's a bit hard to do in XCode, though, so I still use svnX)

bah, exams tomorrow :/

calculus = ew

Thanks much devoid! I've downloaded your package, may have to be a day or two before I can get back to the 'tosh to test it myself. Will report back.... (Good luck on that calculus, GLAD to be done with that!)

Great work, jalavoui!

I also have a 4965 card on leopard. I installed build 1010, and tried to use the network selector to scan/refresh/power off the card but it didn't do anything.

Unloading the kext crashed the pc.

Attached is the system.log from after loading the kext.

It kept returning messages about my bssid, and signal strength, but i built the debug version, not the release (if there is one).

system.log.txt