Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

YAP, and a big and great work.

I am sorry because i can not help so much but i would like to contribute at least with

10€ if you jalavoui give me your paypal account.

I don't want to buy another card because i belive that will be soon.

To others wo doesn't know like me how to contribute, mabe they could do the same instead of spend

30€ in another card because if you think right, wen the driver is finished you will have like a new card

3945 JALAVOUI card

Thanks again to everyone for the great effort.

iwi3945/4965

i need help fixing tx packet code

to do so just comment this code

in ieee80211_sta_start_scan()

change code to

/*if (!rc) {

local->sta_scanning = 1;

local->scan_dev = dev;

}

return rc;*/

this will force sending packets for probe and will give kp on tx code

try to fix it and post the patch

i'll add this to 1st post

thanks for helping

iwi4065_1057.txtiwi4965 - no KP, except when unloading

Seems only to scan a band not b or g

iwl4965: U iwl4965_rx_scan_start_notif Scan start: 116 [802.11a] (TSF: 0x00000000:0031E27E) - 1 (beacon timer 130030978)

And the mac adress of the basestation is not correct

iwl4965: U iwl4965_add_station_flags Add STA ID 31: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

keep up the good work

jalavoui - I've changed the code and get KP's on install and reboot, no shots... I can insert iologs, but where?

this is log of my reboots with KP's

Guys! Here is my kext, try it, please, and post your KP shots, if you will get any. Be careful, this kext can cause KP right after installation

system.txt.zip

iwi3945.kext.zip

the pskb_expand_head() don't make sence for mbufs

i'll upload a new version

enabled scanprobe code

i'll try this myself maybe i manage to put it to work

iwi3945 rel 1060

iwi4965 rel 1061 - fixed compile bugs

fix for rate code

iwi3945 rel 1062

iwi4965 rel 1063

1064 - KP...

I think we need more testers with 3945, in order to take several (maybe, different) results from the same release.

Эй, народ! Нужна ваша помощь! Если мы будем тестировать все это по одиночке, драйвер может вообще никогда не появится!

system.txt

Hey devoid, the 10.5 iwi2200 rev 803 pkg you posted does load the kext correctly now, but indeed cannot get a DHCP address (also won't work for me when I set a static IP). So it's closer but still no dice. I had another post about rev 786 working, would you mind creating a pkg for that revision for us if not too much trouble? I'll give it a test and see if that one was working. Again, this WAS working well at some point in there, just gotta find the right revision. Many thanks!

EDIT: This is being tested on 10.5.2 BTW. I'm assuming there shouldn't be any difference with the driver functionality from 10.5.1-->10.5.2...

I'd like to join, I have a 3945. But I don't know very well how to install and uninstall beta drivers without reinstalling the whole OS. I have a slight idea how, but it caught me everytime when I have to do it.

To unload kernel extensions (kext, drivers, w/e you want to call them..)

Load up OS X with -v -s flags, and run the following commands:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/iwi*

exit

Everything is detailed in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71779

I had another post about rev 786 working, would you mind creating a pkg for that revision for us if not too much trouble?

EDIT: This is being tested on 10.5.2 BTW. I'm assuming there shouldn't be any difference with the driver functionality from 10.5.1-->10.5.2...

Alright, I'll get on it within an hour or so, check this post for an attachment. Done.

There shouldn't be any difference between 10.5.1 and 10.5.2, in terms of the kernel extension working.

- I have small knowlegde about C# and Java from schooL... Is it enough to test the driver and maybe help you a bit guys?

- Is it possible to help testing in VMware, because this is my only laptop, and need it a lot for school, so NOTHING may be wrong...

The only thing that after the driver should happen, is get the {censored} VAIO Nvidea 8400M GT working... :D:D

I'm still in high school, and I can certainly say without a doubt that the basic knowledge they attempt to teach you at the high-school level won't be of much use here.

(I haven't actually taken the course, but I've helped friends taking it)

It'd probably depend on what level course you're taking, but from my past experience, most of the knowledge that would be applied here is best obtained through years of messing around, and not through a year-long course.

You might be able to make a few edits with instruction to get some portions of the code functioning properly, but don't expect to get ground-breaking work done.

Don't let that discourage you, though. Any help is appreciated, so give it a shot.

Testing in VMware is impossible at this point in time. Mini-PCI cards such as the ones the drivers are being developed for in here, just won't be detected.

USB adapters would work, but just not the Intel Mini-PCI cards.

Try NVInject to get the NVidia 8400M GT working.

I'll be willing to test for a 4965agn, well as long as this does not edit any important system files. That make my system RUN.

Typically, testing should not make any irreversible system changes, but there's always that odd chance that something forks your system.

The worst that usually happens is that the kernel extensions cause a kernel panic. All you need to fix that, is unload the .kext.

I recall that someone had to reinstall Leopard in this thread, so if reinstalling Mac OS X is not in the list of things you wish to deal with, steer clear.

Also, please keep unnecessary posts to a minimum. This topic is already hard enough to search through, as is.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14169

iwi2200_rel786.pkg.zip