Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

thanks for all the work guys. i am reading like crazy and wish i could help in some way, but i am so new to osx it took me 2 days to correctly edit my plist to get my wired card working. thank you for all the work. i hope a solution comes soon........

iwi3945 rel 971 -> 3 reboots, no KP's

iwi3945 rel 973 -> no KP's and no timeouts even after reboot (reboot only once)

jalavoui, rel 973 is stable, I'll reboot 3 times and post here logs, to ensure that there is no accident KP's, errors or timeouts after each reboot

system.txt

system.txt.zip

you can check the scan channels in logs in this line:

_commit_rxon

_mac_config enter to channel

You sure about this?

Doesn't this just define the channel the scan starts from? Software scan yes, maybe but

if we're doing a hardware scan then the only reports on the scanned channels should be via the "get channels to scan" calls and the call backs from the firmware?

I've only ever seen enter to channel 1 and 3 in the linux logs (maybe because my network is on channel 3)

Lookin good, no KP's will attach rel 973 if requested. couldnt get en1 running this time. I think in 971 it got running

post edit: iwi3945rel973 attached

@greyMD, I got my battery monitoring working through this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

are you an MD? I just started my clinical rotations :-)

syslog973.txt

iwi3945rel973.kext.zip

i think i can try hack in ieee80211_rx_bss_info()

let's try it...

let the driver scan and watch the logs - don't post short logs

iwi3945 rel 977

iwi4965 rel 978

try to use the switch off/on - maybe the driver reiniciates correctly with this code

No KP for me left it running for 15 minutes. Im sure something is wrong with the chun nan kexts, gonna reinstall them. Oh and I turned off bluetooth thinking that might have an effect. Nothing happens. I try to turn off the card, but it doesnt let me (I think).

That reminds me, when I was thinking what I did differently last time. I think I had to reinstall leopard and I chose an "ACPI fix" for the vanilla kernel 9.1. And I believe thats how I was able to get the card identified at the beginning of the log before loading the kexts. Jala do you think this will make a difference?

iwi3945rel977.kext.zip

syslog977.txt

979 logs, and kext for those to try. Those who are downloading the kexts, please post logs. We could use some help, this aint a show. Sometimes I see 50+ people logged in the thread. Comb the thread for the how to's. I wouldnt mind comparing my logs against a few other people as well, to see whats different. I'll try to reinstall leopard tonite to see if I get different results with the ACPI fix. Those who do have the ACPI fix with the chun nan kexts, please post a log. Id like to see if you get the wifi card recognition before kext is loaded when you boot in -x.

To those downloading the kexts thinking their wireless may work, is on the wrong idea. With these kexts wireless does NOT work. Unless we say so otherwise. Ive already gotten a few pms of people asking how to get their wireless working...

Until tomorrow. Its a busy nite in the wards tonite

iwi3945rel979.kext.zip

systemlog979.txt