Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

iwi3945 rel 981

Several reboots, 1 immediate KP after kext install, but it stable. After each reboot get timeouts. Good results only after kext installation and before reboot. All 4 macs of stations are real.

Could you please post the kext, so I could try testing aswell, as I don't have enough space to complie it myself.

Заранее спасибо! :blink:

Rel 891 iwi 3945.

Got En1 not running (the adapter dont appear on network preferences).

Also in one of my reboots got a kp like this:

error iwl3945: error wrong command queue 0 command 0x0

BUG:failure at/users/Pere/iwi3945/IWL3945-base.c:3959/IWL 3945_Tx_cond_complete()!

cosio, here is my kext, rel 981.

Всегда пожалуйста :wacko:

Thanks very much, I hope I can make some decent logs that would serve for further development, as I'm a total newbie. Going down to try it!

Ещё раз, спасибо! :blink:

this will force the auth call

let it scan and watch logs

iwi3945 rel 983

iwi4965 rel 984

pere,

a few reboots fix your problem?

can you try the iosleep hack?

nordix,

May 6 15:26:15 evgenijs-acpi kernel[0]: IOPCCard debug: en1: authentication with AP 00:1a:92:11:33:39 timed out

is this a valid station to authenticate?

wait...

this code is wrong

i'll upload a new release

ok - ready to go

iwi3945 rel 985

iwi4965 rel 986

Here are my first logs, I hope they're useful. OSX detected an ethernet network device right after installation of the kext. Then left the laptop up for about 15 mins and no KP's after reboot. I'm attaching the logs to the post. I've divided system log on before and after just in case. If you have any suggestions for improving the logs, I'll be glad to listen them and sorry if I've messed up something.

A big THANKS to everybody, involved in the project, especially jalavoui!

P.D. just realized that the version I tested on - 891 - is outdated; I hope nordix will be so kind to post the 893 kext aswell. Thanks!

system_before_reboot.txt

system_after_reboot.txt

Ok,

After 3 KP's, I think I got more details from my logs.

Anyone have Marvel Yukon 8039 Ethernet card and could configure it? Because it would save me a lot of time to test the new releases of 3945's drivers. I tried follow the tuto's I found, and change the Info.plist but didn't work at all.

Anyway, here is the logs.

Regards,

Lordy

HP dv2550

system_986.txt

Thank guys, good work! I can see hope's flowing ^ ^;;I will be joining attaching logs soon, as soon as I figured out how. Sorry I'm kinda new to Osx86, and yeah I have 4965 card on my lappy, hope it will help. I have some basic programming skills only, not advanced so if I can I will learn. Summer starts for me today so I can work on this with you guys ^^Sorry for off topic:@Lordy: You MUST repair permission after editing info.plist, i.e. type in terminal as follow:sudo -s(type password here)chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kextchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kextkextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextrebootThen it should work (given that you edited the Info.plist correctly ofcourse).hypnotic have you considered formatting the extra 5 gibs with FAT32 or HFS+? You can then install the XCode in the 5 Gibs extra you've got.

intel 2200bg problem....

i try rev 594 and it work only with static ip address...

now i try other revision..............

thx for the help!!

How are you accessing older revisions? Maybe I don't have the right access to the SVN, I was poking around and couldn't get to older revisions. Try revision 803! As I stated in my last post, it was right at that revision number where it was last working quite well before it got broken somehow! If someone is able to revert back to that revision and create the DMG from that code, we should be back in good shape. Hopefully this will be simple enough to perform. Thanks febelus.

Hi I followed the guide installing XCode and everything. I tried the last rev of 4965 card. When I tried to compile the kext it said "Build failed, 1 error" and tons of warning. Is that normal? When I compiled it the second time a still errors appeared and a new networkcard was detected immediately (Ethernet 2) I didnt even try to install it using Kext Installer Helper. When I tried NetworkScan there is no feedback on the screen but I can see lots of running texts on log console when I tried to turn on/off and start scanning.

What am I supposed to post here? Only the kext log or the running scanning logs too?

I'm confused. A little help would be appreciated, and I will keep the log rolling here whenever a new rev is out :)

Thnx