Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am loading 1026 (did this in 1022,23,24) and will download 1027.

But I am getting the 'go to network preferences & press apply' in my logs, so I go to network preference pane and tell it to apply. As soon as I do, the whole computer locks up tight as a drum and just sits there. I gave it 5 minutes, never came back... Should I give it more time? I mean, all tasks stop, I had activity monitor up, and the console and they froze as well.

Network Selector now launches with my kexts loading, but I can't hit the apply w/o the computer freezing.

Suggestions?

Mark

mrprewitt what type of card do you have?

If you have 3945 then load the ones with odd rev# (1023,1025,1027 etc.)

If you have 4965 then load the ones with even rev# (1022,1024,1026 etc.)

When installing I suggest you use the kext helper as in the guide(save you lots of repair permissioins commands).

I've never encountered your problem before so I don't know but looks like you load all the drivers and test it.

I have a 3945 and I am loading each driver 1 at a time and I am using the Kextloader...

Yes, this is new.. But up until 1022, I never even had the OS recognize the ethernet 2 and give me the option of adding a 2nd ethernet.

I will go back and try the new 3945 driver that is just out....

To tell how i do it, I am using Xcode to compile each driver and I check the driver out of the SVN to make sure I am running a full complete set of software.

I nuke the old driver before compiling & installing a new one.

hello, here is my first log, i hope it is of some use

iwi4965 rel 1028

no KP, on restart too,my router mac address is 00-18-6E-09-E8-D8, near to the end of the log i've tried to start networkselector twice, the first time it made something (i was looking at the log with a tail command) the second time it seem it has crashed the card?

system.zip

Ok,

Just downloaded 1027, compiled it..

it kept saying to go to preferences and click Apply, so I did and the machine is frozen.

I am going to go get lunch and come back. If it is still frozen, I need some ideas as to why?

I am running the kaly kernel 9.2.2 on this machine.

Mark

edit - I just got back, no change. hard reboot, downloading 1030 and compiling and will try this one.

ok,

here is the log of what happens when I boot & reboot with 1030 installed.

If I go to system preferences, it locks up.

If I use network selector to scan I get this in the log:

y 8 13:09:36 Macintosh kernel[0]: goto system preferences -> networks and press apply if you keep seeing this

May 8 13:09:36 Macintosh login[219]: USER_PROCESS: 219 ttys000

May 8 13:09:37 Macintosh kernel[0]: connect

May 8 13:09:38 Macintosh kernel[0]: check_firstup

May 8 13:09:38 Macintosh kernel[0]: goto system preferences -> networks and press apply if you keep seeing this

May 8 13:09:38 Macintosh kernel[0]: request scan!

May 8 13:09:38 Macintosh kernel[0]: ieee80211_sta_req_scan @ /Users/Mark/iwi3945/compatibility.cpp:7158

May 8 13:09:38 Macintosh kernel[0]: not ready to scan

May 8 13:09:38 Macintosh kernel[0]: en1 not running

May 8 13:09:40 Macintosh kernel[0]: check_firstup

May 8 13:09:40 Macintosh kernel[0]: goto system preferences -> networks and press apply if you keep seeing this

May 8 13:09:42 Macintosh kernel[0]: check_firstup

May 8 13:09:42 Macintosh kernel[0]: goto system preferences -> networks and press apply if you keep seeing this

May

Here is the log file...

1030_syslog.txt

ok can some on give it to me, i am tired of just getting the run around. why exactly dose the Intel 3945abg not work? what part of the apple airport system is not compatible. and what you brilliant guys are doing so that it dose work?. if you explain how and what i can do to help the process.

are you guys like re-building the apple airport driver to work with the intel card?

please explain :D

add pskb_expand_head()

kp expected

iwi3945 rel 1033

iwi4965 rel 1034

previous driver thread was 200 pages

if this is the thread limit maybe we can save some space by attaching logs files instead of posting

@trowa101:If you had read the website FAQs section you would've noticed. This is AFAIK:

1. There is no driver for Intel Pro Wireless cards. Apple did not write any of those to put in this system. Therefore in order to use it we have to write our own a driver.

2. jalavoui is doing a great job in tricking the OSX system into thinking that the Intel Wireless cards were Ethernet cards. So there arises one problem: the cards will require a program to control them, to scan/connect/authenticate with the networks, send and receive packets appropriately. That's the networkSelector that goes with the driver. Now we are at the testing stage to force the cards to scan/authenticate with the networks.

3. There will be no native Airport driver written for these cards, mainly because they are closed source and not well documented so it will be nearly impossible to write a new driver from 0 point. There are, however, documents on writing Ethernet driver therefore this method will be possible.

This is as far as I know. Your testing here will make the process much quicker and providing logs will be much appreciated. For more information please read the guide for testing. If you are a skilled programmer you can even join the driver developing.

r1034 4965

no KP yet

gonna reboot now

system.log1.txt

system.log2.txt