1.1.3 Jailbroken!

Numberzz

35 posts in this topic

Sorry for not picking up on this yesterday, I was trying to get it to work myself :P. But really, this works, and I am amazed. It's pretty simple actually, all you have to do is run a unix executable and follow the steps. Then install something on Installer, wait, and BAM 1.1.3 Jailbroken. Here are the full instructions:

- Start with a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken phone with Installer.app installed AND AT LEAST 300mb OF FREE SPACE.

- Plug in your phone via USB to your computer.

- Download, extract, and run "Run_This".

- it will determine what firmware you are running on your phone and make sure you can run the update.

- it will then guide you through the process of obtaining and modifying the 1.1.3 firmware (make sure to read everything thoroughly).

- it will upload the new firmware image to your phone. Note that this only puts the file on your phone and does not modify it at all, yet.

- When it finishes (should take about 10 minutes), it will tell you to go to Installer and install the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package. Do that.

- The upgrade will stall at about halfway. THIS IS NORMAL. DO NOT INTERACT WITH YOUR PHONE WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING. Just leave it plugged in and leave it alone.

- When the installer finishes (this should take another 10-15 20-25 minutes), your phone should reboot with a fresh activated 1.1.3 firmware.

20080126-pwaw4idxgaekyybsth4gkhej6m.jpg

As you can see here, I have a web app with the little "X" on the top with two other apps, NES and Installer. Also to be noted: the new firmware doesn't work with some of the apps, so you have to wait for developers to update them. :)

Link

Wow jailbreaking seems to take longer with each upgrade, i was amazed when i got my 1.1.1 ipod touch and all i had to do was visit a website. Is there no ipod touch 1.1.3 solution yet? would be interesting to see the "January Update" available through installer for free! I wouldn't of thought jailbreaking will be as popular once the sdk is released though we shall see.

:)

well i wouldn't recommend it for the iPhone either. I've seen way more failures than successes around the web, including my own. I'd try again (cuz i hate losing) if i could get the damn thing to downgrade but it keeps having an error "1" after extracting the 1.1.1 ipsw (and 1.0.2).

I did it on my Touch. Not only was the installation a pain and unstable, but the entire firmware feels unstable. Especially downloaded applications. I don't recommend this for most people. I'd say if you have experience with iPod Linux then go for it since you should have some skill figuring out how messed up everything is still.

I did it on my Touch. Not only was the installation a pain and unstable, but the entire firmware feels unstable. Especially downloaded applications. I don't recommend this for most people. I'd say if you have experience with iPod Linux then go for it since you should have some skill figuring out how messed up everything is still.

Maybe I won't then, I decided 1.1.2 was too difficult ;)

I'll wait till it;s as easy as 1.1.1 or the SDK comes out

what do i have to download a certain way? the restore file? if there's a how to point me to it cuz i've been searching all night but haven't found something that'll work. I figured i was missing something.

Sorry, I meant downgrade. Here is a good guide to follow.

THIS IS NOT THE REAL JAILBREAK THAT THE GROUP WAS PLANING TO RELEASE. ONE GUY OF THE TEAM LEAKED A BETA VERSION OF THE JAILBREAK AND INCLUDED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. THIS JAILBREAK IS NO WAY RECOMMENDED OR SUPPORTED. THE TEAM WILL RELEASE A REAL VERSION OF THE JAILBREAK AS SOON AS IT IS DONE. NOTE, THIS VERSION IS ILLEAGAL. THE VERSION THE TEAM WILL RELEASE IS 100% LEAGAL.THIS IS NOT THE REAL JAILBREAK THAT THE GROUP WAS PLANING TO RELEASE. ONE GUY OF THE TEAM LEAKED A BETA VERSION OF THE JAILBREAK AND INCLUDED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. THIS JAILBREAK IS NO WAY RECOMMENDED OR SUPPORTED. THE TEAM WILL RELEASE A REAL VERSION OF THE JAILBREAK AS SOON AS IT IS DONE. NOTE, THIS VERSION IS ILLEAGAL. THE VERSION THE TEAM WILL RELEASE IS 100% LEAGAL.

LET'S ALL TALK WITH OUR CAPS LOCK ON SO IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE WE'RE YELLING SO IT SOUNDS MORE IMPORTANT. I think people should know that, judging from all the problems people were having. But I am so happy to have a 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone. I am customizing it as we speak. So if you feel up to a challenge you can do it, but there are always risks...

Sorry, I meant downgrade. Here is a good guide to follow.

Thanks, Numberz. I had actually already tried that method, but i was getting that error (1) right after extraction of the ipsw file. I actually found a tutorial that worked to downgrade using windows and iBrickr. I wasn't aware that recovery and DFU mode were two different things. I think my problem was i was in recovery and not DFU, which is when your phone goes to the white screen. iBrickr put it in DFU for me and i was able to go to 1.1.1. Now however, when i try to use the 1.1.3 jailbreak, it doesn't recognize that i have a jailbroken phone with installer.app installed. I've seen this problem from others too. Does anybody know of a workaround for this? Also, is it a problem to downgrade using windows and then use the phone on a mac? I'm going to give this 1.1.3 a try using the special iBrickr method. Although if i can't use my phone on my mac afterwards it's pretty useless to me.

Thanks, Numberz. I had actually already tried that method, but i was getting that error (1) right after extraction of the ipsw file. I actually found a tutorial that worked to downgrade using windows and iBrickr. I wasn't aware that recovery and DFU mode were two different things. I think my problem was i was in recovery and not DFU, which is when your phone goes to the white screen. iBrickr put it in DFU for me and i was able to go to 1.1.1. Now however, when i try to use the 1.1.3 jailbreak, it doesn't recognize that i have a jailbroken phone with installer.app installed. I've seen this problem from others too. Does anybody know of a workaround for this? Also, is it a problem to downgrade using windows and then use the phone on a mac? I'm going to give this 1.1.3 a try using the special iBrickr method. Although if i can't use my phone on my mac afterwards it's pretty useless to me.

Try quitting iTunes. If that doesn't work, you have to upgrade.

1.1.3 OTB or upgraded to 1.1.3 through iTunes? I had to restore mine the first time i tried the unlock, and it updated it to 1.13. I finally managed to get it downgraded using iBrickr, and now i've successfully upgraded to jailbroken 1.1.3 with the iBrickr method, but now it won't recognize my stupid sim card which is a legit att iphone sim. If i can get over this snag i'm golden.

if you have a 1.1.3 otb iphone you have to wait for the dev team to realese, or maybe you can downgrade yours to 1.0.2 then to 1.1.2, down to 1.1.1 thats the route i have to take to the phones i fix. but yourbase band wont change so i hope your on at&t.

it works for me,

now i have fw 1.1.3, buat my modem firmware is still 04.02.13_G.

Is it normal?

Thankzzz

Yes, the 1.1.3 soft-update does not touches the baseband.

So if you started with 04.xx.xx you should finish with the same.