[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

You can put the Dell 1505 WLAN Card into the second WWLAN (I think) mini PCI-E slot and use the Black and Grey jumper cables. This is exactly what I did after I nagged this card out of Dell, and I now have two WLAN cards, both are recognized and usable under Vista. Also, I am getting much better speeds with this card under both Vista and Leo as compared to 4965AGN and any USB dongle I've ever used with Leo. My downstrem speed is up to around 15,000 kbps versus literally half of that, using the same Comcast service with Netgear wireless router; the upstream is the same, around 2,000 kbps. If you want the Vista to use the new card, after the drivers for it are installed, make sure to DISABLE to original Intel WLAN card as it seems to be the only way to force windows to actually use the new component to connect, perhaps due to it being a secondary WLAN card. I'm thinking about just using the 1505 as a primary WLAN card, inserting it into the first mini PCI slot, and the 4965 into the second. I don't know if that would make any difference at all, I'm really not sure what I would possibly need the Intel card for, perhaps it is best to just trash it to eBay for pennies.

Why are you macgirl saying that it doesn't work? Is DELL 1505 recognized as a WWAN card?

I didn't say that.

I said that one of slots is called WLAN and the other WWAN, you can put the 1505 in either, also the intel wireless card works on any of them.

Test these:

04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000 <--- for Internal + VGA

04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000 <--- for Internal + DVI

04000000 00000100 0e000000 00000000 00000000 <--- for Internal + TV

according to nvinject forum:

http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214

Tried the 2nd one and it works great! (HDMI, VGA and display sleep) Thanks.

Love that HDMI is automatically detected.

thanks

Macgirl and Flamenko

I installled drivers on mac os 10.5 and no working. I Update to mac os x 10.5.2 (leo4all) and installed drivers STAC9228_0x83847616 and no are working. when i restart my pc show me an error:

" system extension cannot work be used" the system extension /system/library/extension ALCinjetc.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstallingg it. or contact the products vendor for an update.

" system extension cannot work be used" the system extension /system/library/extension AppleHDA.kext/contests/plugins/iOHDAFamily.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstallingg it. or contact the products vendor for an update.

" system extension cannot work be used" the system extension /system/library/extension AppleHDA.kext/contests/plugins/AppleHDACcontroller.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstallingg it. or contact the products vendor for an update.

What i do wrong. Ido know a program similar to KB7. Its first time a uused mac os x. its new for me.

when I get driver for this hardware?

THANKS A LOT.

XPS M1530, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB 2M L2 Cache) (261-7280

Monitor 15.4 inch Black Wide Screen WXGA TrueLife LCD with 2.0 MP Camera

video 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (320-6082) working 1024 768

audio Integrated High Definition Audio 2.0 (313-4783) sigmatel no working

Wi Fi Intel 3945 WLAN (802.11a/g) Mini Card, no working . solution Ig et a Zidas usb2.0 and its working fine

marvel yukon 88e804 pci fast ethernet controler no working

thanks

Macgirl and Flamenko

I installled drivers on mac os 10.5 and no working. I Update to mac os x 10.5.2 (leo4all) and installed drivers STAC9228_0x83847616 and no are working. when i restart my pc show me an error:

" system extension cannot work be used" the system extension /system/library/extension ALCinjetc.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstallingg it. or contact the products vendor for an update.

" system extension cannot work be used" the system extension /system/library/extension AppleHDA.kext/contests/plugins/iOHDAFamily.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstallingg it. or contact the products vendor for an update.

" system extension cannot work be used" the system extension /system/library/extension AppleHDA.kext/contests/plugins/AppleHDACcontroller.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstallingg it. or contact the products vendor for an update.

What i do wrong. Ido know a program similar to KB7. Its first time a uused mac os x. its new for me.

Those messages are because the kexts ar unporperly installed, mean taht the rigth owner should be root and group wheel, also permissions should be wrx-rx-rx

But you can fix them easily, just open the Terminal App (it is inside the Utilities folder insde of the Applications folder), when the Terminal window appear write this commands:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

on the first "sudo" command the system will ask for your password.

then reboot.

Using Kext Helper Beta7 allows you to avoid those terminal commands, a scritp inside KHb7 takes care of that.

Hello,

I have a problem with another Vostro that I've got.

Indeed, as I'm using Time Machine on my first vostro, I've done a backup on an external HDD. Then I'm trying to install Léo on the other lappy using time machine.

The problem is that the installation stops after a while. On my first attempt, it was at 22.3%. On the second it's 8.2%.

Do you know why this is happening?

edit: forget it, I've succeeded, it's maybe a problem with sleep functionnality during installation

Does anyone know which kernel is the best for our configurations? I've always used vanilla, but have recently switched to 9.2.2 Kabyl due to the strange crackling sound interference issue under the Vanilla 9.2.2 kernel. Nothing like this has ever happened to any of my installations, I have found no other solution for this issue. Macgirl, what is your sage advice?

Also, PCWiz has just released the shutdown/restart utility which was written in AppleScript and supposedly extensively tested to be operational, effective and safe. I am about to test it myself on my spare Leo4allv3 installation; the results shall be reported forthwith. PCWiz has also compiled a Backup/Restore utility, which could prove to be very useful, especially to the novice hackintosher.... It can all be found at the ######.com.

Also, PCWiz has just released the shutdown/restart utility which was written in AppleScript and supposedly extensively tested to be operational, effective and safe.

Thanks, although didn't work for me - the problem with shutdown persists. I've noticed that every time when I try to shutdown Leo, the bluetooth led is on.

Manually switching it off doesn't help.

Added: Kabyl kernel works like a charm. Did you notice any problems with running on it other programs compared to vanilla?

I've noticed that PhotoBooth stops working after several minutes on vanilla kernel.

My red M1330 is back, Dell changed Motherboard and Display.

For a moment I thought that they changed the Processor because about This Mac showed 1.6Ghz instead of 2.0 but after a reboot I entered in BIOS and see that there were three speeds, Actual, Maximum and Minimal, Actual was on 1.6, so I blieve that Windows Vista Power Options alter the boot up speeds shomehow.

Anyone want to try this?

For a moment I thought that they changed the Processor because about This Mac showed 1.6Ghz instead of 2.0 but after a reboot I entered in BIOS and see that there were three speeds, Actual, Maximum and Minimal, Actual was on 1.6, so I blieve that Windows Vista Power Options alter the boot up speeds shomehow.

Anyone want to try this?

I have seen this happening when you bootup with no AC, I think it is the bios (speedstep) that does that.

My XPS M1330 with Vista is really ugly...

with Linux is very nice, but "strange" for some users...

with XP is a fast car... but XP will be dead! :(

so, I think Mac OS X is the right way to use my XPS...

have a nice day!

I'm sitting here with a Dell Vostro 1700, with a 8600M GT video card. Using Leo4All, with everything working but the sound and the video.

The sound is no big deal, use a external sound card anyway, and that works.

But I want to be able to play WoW, and use the dual screen feature. I can get either one to work flawlessly with 2 different kexts, but I can't find any kext that will run both 3d acceleration and dual screen. Please help me.

Hello all

Im french user

I look the dell m1530 portable computer ...

it's great machine

only the original Wireless card and 10/100 lan card don't work on it ?

Shutdown, restart and sleep work ?

thanks

Best regards

The guide (1st post) is updated, so when Shutdown, Restart will work it will be updated.

Sleep works with some minor patches. (AppleUSBEHCI, working Nvidia kexts, an no SpeedStep kernel), everything is in 1st post.

Does the ExpressCard port work? I want to add a gigibit ExpressCard such as this one: http://www.small-tree.com/ProductDetails.a...;Show=TechSpecs to my XPS M1530. I've scoured the internet, and I can't find anyone mentioning using the port on an XPS M1530 or M1330. I guess I'll be the McGuinness pig.

PS, been running Kalyway 10.5.2 on my M1530 for a month now, thanks to input from this forum and others, and developing on the iPhone SDK. Everything is working fine (and by everything I mean, no ethernet, no dual monitor, does not shut down all the way or support sleep.) I haven't wanted to spend hours dicking around with stuff. I did experiment with dual monitor support, but it just turns permanently black until I reboot. I tried one thing with the sleep that didn't work. I would like to get sleep and safe sleep to work. I'll probably by a MacBook Pro in the summer when they come out with a new model. One thing I've checked out is Macs have really high resale value, so if you're like me, and buy a new laptop every year and sell the old one, the expense is only once over a time period of years. I like the higher resolution of the XPS M1530, plus I feel like a rebel. I can't go to WWDC with a hackintosh, though.

Nobody report that it work or it does not, so yeah test it for us.

Dual monitor (or Dual Displays) work, you just need to change the NVCAP values, Chrysaor reported on post #1031 that the second value I wrote worked for HDMI (DVI) and VGA. For sleep just follow what I said on previous post.

Be a rebel and go with you Dell Lapintosh ;)

MacGirl, can u help me with my XPS 1530 not being able to see the DVD drive? I installed Leo 10.5.2 using Leo4All v3. Everything went OK. Got my sound and video fixed but can't see the DVD drive for some reasons. Anyone has any idea? I also have problem with shutting down. Oh I did get two finger scrolling to work.

Check that you have the ORIGINAL (and most recent) IOATAFamily.kext, the DVD is attached connected on IDE, the HD on SATA (unles you specify oher in BIOS, which I believe is not the case because it wont boot if the HD was recognized as IDE)

If you have it already installed check with kextstat or System Profiler if the IOATA kexts and AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext are loaded, if not try to load it manually.

Hi,

I'm trying to install OSX on my m1330. I got the Kalyway 10.5.2 Install Disk, but the Installation hangs at

using ... buffer headers and ...cluster IObuffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I saw some more people with these Problems on the forums, some solved by disabling all onboard devices or removing the DVD at this stage and reinserting it. Nothing of this helped.

Which Version will install on my Device?

Hi,

I'm trying to install OSX on my m1330. I got the Kalyway 10.5.2 Install Disk, but the Installation hangs at

using ... buffer headers and ...cluster IObuffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I saw some more people with these Problems on the forums, some solved by disabling all onboard devices or removing the DVD at this stage and reinserting it. Nothing of this helped.

Which Version will install on my Device?

eject the dvd, and put it back in when you get to that message, it will then resume booting.