[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Yes, VoodooHDA is in /S/L/E , also deleted AppleHDA, Pref pane shows "complex output" and Digital Out (black HDMI).

System profiler shows "no built in audio ". Have looked at various forums and tried various versions of VoodooHDA.kext with same result, ie sound on front jacks but no spkrs.

Followed smartmobili link to bcc9, but info refers to xps 1340, tried kexts etc from there, but still no sound.

You are probably using a Node config which is not for your system. Open VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist and remove anything under "Nodes to Patch" and replace it by "<array/>". Reinstall, rebuild kextcache and reboot. You should have your speakers.

You are probably using a Node config which is not for your system. Open VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist and remove anything under "Nodes to Patch" and replace it by "<array/>". Reinstall, rebuild kextcache and reboot. You should have your speakers.

Unable to find VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Under S/L/E there is only VoodooHDA.kext (single file).

Am I missing something ? Installing kexts using kexthelper, repair permissions with OSX86 tools.

VoodooHDA.kext is version 0.2.51.

Audio output from both front jacks and mic (digital) works OK. Haven't tried analog mic. Touch controls on pushbutton panel also function and show on-screen logo

Reading the Voodooo forums it seems as though it could be a "pin config override" problem, not sure what this means let alone how to fix it !

Unable to find VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Under S/L/E there is only VoodooHDA.kext (single file).

Am I missing something ? Installing kexts using kexthelper, repair permissions with OSX86 tools.

VoodooHDA.kext is version 0.2.51.

Audio output from both front jacks and mic (digital) works OK. Haven't tried analog mic. Touch controls on pushbutton panel also function and show on-screen logo

Reading the Voodooo forums it seems as though it could be a "pin config override" problem, not sure what this means let alone how to fix it !

The kext is not a file... its a folder. Download the VoodooHDA you are using and put it in your desktop (or somewhere where you can find it)

Then right click on it and click on "Show Package Contents" and look for Info.plist. Open it with a text editor and make the edits I suggested. Then install the kext and repair permissions and reboot a couple of times with -f (ignore caches).

and yes it is a pin config problem and this is how you solve it unless you want to write out your own pin configs.

The kext is not a file... its a folder. Download the VoodooHDA you are using and put it in your desktop (or somewhere where you can find it)

Then right click on it and click on "Show Package Contents" and look for Info.plist. Open it with a text editor and make the edits I suggested. Then install the kext and repair permissions and reboot a couple of times with -f (ignore caches).

and yes it is a pin config problem and this is how you solve it unless you want to write out your own pin configs.

Thanks, I'm learning!

Edited Info.plist as per your post, re-installed, repaired permissions etc. I noticed that

In sound pref pane now have Speaker (analog), line-out, and digital, but still no sound from spkrs. I noticed under "nodes to patch" in the original info.plist file there are references to node numbers, can these be edited? If so is there list of what the node numbers mean, or just experiment with different numbers .

Attached are edited and unedited versions of info.plist

info.zip

info2.zip

Attached are edited and unedited versions of info.plist

Apologies, but I do not have the time to fiddle with the pin configs now, especially because I do not have access to your machine or sound card (same models have different pins in different notebook models). If you want to learn about pins look here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry2219

remember in Voodoo we use just the last two digits of each verb and four of these pairs make a set. The set is labeled by c,d,e and f in the 6th position of each verb (eg 01171CF0 01171D11 01171E11 01171F41). For this set the voodoo verb will be 411111F0. And then you have to associate it with a pin.

Also, before you get into all this, look into the sound pref pane and see what the default output is marked as, Also start the application called Audio midi setup and check if everything looks right. If voodoo is seeing your speakers, it should work.

Also, there is a voodoo codec dump tool somewhere out there. Look for it if you wish to.

Have someone figured out how to get the two finger scroll and taping to work on dell xps M1530 ?

I tried Voodoops2controller.pkg but it didnt worked, there was an error during the installation and if try to change something in the voodoops2 prefpane it freeze and quit.

I really don't know what to do ^_^

Can someone also help me to get sleep to work please ?

I don't know what i'm suppose to search. Do I have to make a DSDT to get it to work ?

Apologies, but I do not have the time to fiddle with the pin configs now, especially because I do not have access to your machine or sound card (same models have different pins in different notebook models). If you want to learn about pins look here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry2219

remember in Voodoo we use just the last two digits of each verb and four of these pairs make a set. The set is labeled by c,d,e and f in the 6th position of each verb (eg 01171CF0 01171D11 01171E11 01171F41). For this set the voodoo verb will be 411111F0. And then you have to associate it with a pin.

Also, before you get into all this, look into the sound pref pane and see what the default output is marked as, Also start the application called Audio midi setup and check if everything looks right. If voodoo is seeing your speakers, it should work.

Also, there is a voodoo codec dump tool somewhere out there. Look for it if you wish to.

Thanks again for your help, sound pref pane shows speaker (analog), audio midi setup LH pane shows speakers (stereo), line out front (black) ,microphone front (black), digital out black hdmi, and I can change parameters, so voodoo seems to be seeing speakers.

Will now try to understand pins /verbs etc, should be interesting !

Have someone figured out how to get the two finger scroll and taping to work on dell xps M1530 ?

I tried Voodoops2controller.pkg but it didnt worked, there was an error during the installation and if try to change something in the voodoops2 prefpane it freeze and quit.

I really don't know what to do :)

Can someone also help me to get sleep to work please ?

I don't know what i'm suppose to search. Do I have to make a DSDT to get it to work ?

I need to know your hardware specs, processor, gpu, memory etc. to tell you how to get your sleep working. To get two finger scroll, I also need to know your Mac OS version. Just put it all in the signature like many of us have....

People with nVidia 8600m GT, have you guys compared the graphics performance in Win7 vs SL? I can't run 1080 video on SL without dropped frames but its smooth (as butter) on Win7...

Update: No dropped frames under SL (when played with VLC, quicktime won't play) if I create a new account and play the movie. But its jerky in the existing account. Weird...

I need to know your hardware specs, processor, gpu, memory etc. to tell you how to get your sleep working. To get two finger scroll, I also need to know your Mac OS version. Just put it all in the signature like many of us have....

Done, I've updated my signature. As you can see my hardware specs are really close to yours ;)

Update: No dropped frames under SL (when played with VLC, quicktime won't play) if I create a new account and play the movie. But its jerky in the existing account. Weird...

My 1080p plays wonderful in all players. Are your movies in your windows partition(if you have one) and have you installed NTFS-3g by any chance. If you have, get rid of it, and muse. Use SL's native ntfs read write with fstab. See if that works.

Yea, i'm using the native NTFS read and write. It works well. I figured out the issue, had to change some settings in VLC so it wouldn't use too much processor time. It works really well now. Part of it was mabe USB. I was using a USB dock with a HD instead of a esata link or from the laptop...

Thanks for the help!

BTW, any luck on SPDIF/HDMI out? I'll send you a cable if that helps ;)

my specs i have m1330 t9300 2.5ghz 4gig memory 160 hard drive nvidia 8400 gs 128 i am using the dell cd v5 i have not been able to get sound i have deleted applehda and i have downloaded the voohda from project x website and tryed moved in to the extra and system/library/ext and still not luck..what im i doing wrong ....when i install the nati kext into the extra or system/library/ext i get solid grey screen .but when i boot ffrom the cd my video card works...so how can i fix this?

BTW, any luck on SPDIF/HDMI out? I'll send you a cable if that helps :)

Thanks for the cable offer... but I don't have a monitor too....!! got my 2 xps almost on charity from Dell.... can't really afford to get a nice monitor etc... Ill see if I can get my hands on someones monitor this winter break....

Can someone help me to get the sleep and two finger scroll to work please ?

For Two finger scroll use the kexts attached below. Put them in /Extra/Extensions/ repair permissions and rebuild your Extensions.mkext in /Extra

To get the touchpad pref pane working:

copy it from the /System/Library/PreferencePanes into the desktop or somewhere and rename the original one in S/L/PP

No open Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Info.plist and delete these two keys

NSPrefPaneIOServiceAttributesToMatch and NSPrefPaneIOServiceToMatch and their contents

Reinstall the prefpane by double clicking on it.

For sleep you need custom DSDT: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

VoodooPS2_PS2Nub_Alps_M1530_snow.zip

As soon as my winter exams are over (17th of December), I'll be writing up a new guide on installing SL and getting it fully updated to 10.6.2 on the XPS M1530; hopefully by then OSXRestart has been expanded to fix the issues with shutdown and our M1530s will be fully MBP comparable.

As soon as my winter exams are over (17th of December), I'll be writing up a new guide on installing SL and getting it fully updated to 10.6.2 on the XPS M1530; hopefully by then OSXRestart has been expanded to fix the issues with shutdown and our M1530s will be fully MBP comparable.

From what I've heard, OSXRestart's purpose is only Restart. I also here that DSDT can be edited for a proper shutdown....

Thanks Superhai wil test it ASAP.

More good news DUAL Monitor on 8400 possible, I tested 2 NVCAP values:

from desktop 8400gs

property list editor mode:

<04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000>

text editor mode:

BAAAAAAAAgANAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

EDIT:

This allow you to have the Internal LCD, and DVI via HDMI conector or VGA

<04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000>

text editor mode:

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

from other user card, Dual display with VGA, LCD primary:

<04000000 00000200 0D000000 00000007 00000000>

text editor mode:

BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

post-123-1205615492_thumb.png

Those values can be in NVinject, NvinjectGo Natit and also it can be converted in a gfx string and added to the com.apple.Boot.plist

here is mine:

where do i put this?

I recently installed 10.5.8 on my Dell XPS M1530 and thanks to all the helpful tips and advice from this forum I have almost everything working perfectly(sleep and shutdown/reboot still dont work and Im getting an occasional freezing issue when I resume the computer from screensaver).

I am interested in upgrading my system to Snow Leopard. I have spent a lot of time migrating and setting things up in Leopard from my old mac and while l dont mind losing the data, I would like to avoid it if possible.

Is there a nice way to upgrade my 10.5.8 install to Snow Leopard using a retail DVD or am I better off wiping it all out and starting over again? Also, is there a good guide to follow for doing a clean install of Snow Leopard should I go that route?

My system specs are as follows(with hacks used to get devices working under 10.5.8):

Intel Core2Duo T8300

Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB(activated using DSDT.aml provided on this forum by Brett)

Sigmatel STAC 9205 sound card(activated using modified AppleHDA and HDAEnabler provided in this forum thread)

Dell Wireless 1395 (activated by adding a custom string to IO80211family.kext found on this forum)

Marvell Yukon LAN(worked after upgrading to 10.5.7!)

Retail copy of 10.5.8 Dual-booted with Windows 7 using PC_EFI_V9 and Chameleon 2.0RC3(followed guide in thread by wingrunr21 with the above modifications)

All help greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Slice has updated the VoodooHDA so it works after sleep, also it seem to work well without adding the nodes to patch on my dell xps m1330. I will update the iso when i have some time. Here you find slices kext and changes:

M1530s working without node patches too. Internal Mic seems to have a higher sensitivity. Have to test that.

I am interested in upgrading my system to Snow Leopard. I have spent a lot of time migrating and setting things up in Leopard from my old mac and while l dont mind losing the data, I would like to avoid it if possible.

Set up SL on an external hard drive. Fresh clean install. Then migrate your files and settings using Migration Assistant. Make sure you uninstall the Protector Suite for the fingerprint reader if you have it before you migrate. Then restore onto your notebook using disk utility on SL or the install DVD.

Note: this will migrate all the kexts you have in /S/L/E in leopard to the /S/L/E in the SL. Make sure you take care of that. (boot SL in 64 bit mode and delete these kexts)