Possible Dev DVD Being Leaked Soon

139 posts in this topic

Okay, i was one of the first 37 to start leeching got it in for a few hours now, nobody here seems to have it yet, but no worries. It seems to be the installer! And the seeding is still going..

EDIT: LOOKS GOOD INDEED! :D It is the original..

dev tools file on the disk:

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc/System/Installation/Packages/Packages/MacOSX10.4.Universal.pkg

This at all doesn't appear on the normal tiger disk.. There it appears like this:

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/Xcode Tools/Packages/MacOSX10.4.pkg

I found this  

MD5sum for the Developers DVDs:  e78fe52e30a1f8c5b29d4b7932a16c5e

Marklar-Tiger.dmg 6671B06DB57DB94BEBFFDD2CFFC2C78E

Anyone know why ?

Because making a DMG of the disc can be done several different ways. Only way to get the same md5 sum every time is to make the CD-R Master of the disc or whatever that option is called in Disk Utility. That's a true ISO. A DMG isn't.

a dmg is package iwth meta data and zlib compression baby.

now if you had made a dmg of the dev dvd and cmpwred the md5 sum

or converted this dmg file into a iso and then md5d then that woudl be a little more helpfil

i have just accedentally dleted the dmg file over nfs so im downloading agin.

humph

Since it should be a combined installer for both PPC and Intel, I decided to test at least the PPC part. So i just burned a disk in the usual way and indeed, i could install it on PPC (that went very slow though). What is installed is Tiger 10.4.1 Build 8B1025. Just checked, this is the correct build number: http://thinksecret.com/news/0506intelxbench.html bottom of page.

So yes, no doubt, this is the dev dvd!

No, this is how you get the correct md5 sum of the DMG (as it IS the same as the wiki MD5 sum)

hdiutil attach Marklar-tiger.dmg

md5 /dev/disk1

And you will get the result e78fe52e30a1f8c5b29d4b7932a16c5e.

Trust me, it's 100% REAL, I can assure you :D

I have downladed the same file in the same mode..but with all programs i have i don't be able to read it.

The same is to mount in the pearpc emulator with tiger installed..(with dmg image incapsulated in iso image) the image is not readable..

:D

What program you have used for the conversion to iso image ????

Sorry my bad english..

I have downladed the same file in the same mode..but with all programs i have i don't be able to read it.

The same is to mount in the pearpc emulator with tiger installed..(with dmg image incapsulated in iso image) the image is not readable..

:D

What program you have used for the conversion to iso image ????

Sorry my bad english..

ok you have to downloadthe newest ultraiso from here **** No posting to warez. Sorry. (Mashugly)

open the tiger-marklar.dmg and itll say can save hfs filesystems but if you looke carefully in the toolbar itll be a silver cd with a green arrow pointing right on it that will convert the dmg for you just browse for the dmg in the top field and then put the save directory in the bottom and click iso and then convert wait 10 minutes for it to do so and then there you have it a x86 iso

ps: programs that dont work

magiciso

dmg2iso (says error on infaltion process)

older ultra iso's

I keep on getting "Still waiting for root device"

I've also tried it in vmware, same thing

using rd=disk0s1 doesnt help :D

*edit does any 1 know where the Extensions folder is stored on the installation media ? it isnt in /System/Library/

I found this  

Anyone know why ?

bittorent remove some data when downloading (azureus call this discarded data) more you lose data more chance the md5 will be different, i lost 11mb but its not a fake, i cant see few important file, but its prabably the hfs, linux and windows dont read it corectly

edit= trance, its a common problem, its the dvd or the computer, :D download the file again :S, i got this error when installing darwin x86 and tiger in ppc

bittorent remove some data when downloading (azureus call this discarded data) more you lose data more chance the md5 will be different, i lost 11mb but its not a fake, i cant see few important file, but its prabably the hfs, linux and windows dont read it corectly

total nonsense :D

I found this  

Anyone know why ?

edit= trance, its a common problem, its the dvd or the computer, :D download the file again :S, i got this error when installing darwin x86 and tiger in ppc

I've got the same problem: "Still waiting for root device" even if boot into VMware or the real machine. The MD5sums are the same as above. Should i download it again? Please no :)

No, this is how you get the correct md5 sum of the DMG (as it IS the same as the wiki MD5 sum)

PROPER MD5 SUM

hdiutil attach Marklar-tiger.dmg

md5 /dev/disk1

And you will get the result e78fe52e30a1f8c5b29d4b7932a16c5e.

Trust me, it's 100% REAL, I can assure you :D

BAH, learn to read stinky people.

For those who are getting 'Still waiting for Root Device' it simply means you have IDE controllers that are not supported by the install disk. I'm not sure if any are, but SATA works :)

For those who are getting 'Still waiting for Root Device' it simply means you have IDE controllers that are not supported by the install disk. I'm not sure if any are, but SATA works :)

So, you're telling me that PIIX4 (Intel BX chipset under VMware) or ICH5R (Intel 865P chipset) isn't supported? It's hard to believe :D

I found this  

Anyone know why ?

Nice lie, BT does NOT delete files.

So, you're telling me that PIIX4 (Intel BX chipset under VMware) or ICH5R (Intel 865P chipset) isn't supported? It's hard to believe :D

why is it hard to believe? if darwin was compiled for SSE2+ hardware, why would they develop drivers for chipsets that support non-functional CPUs? if it is true that SSE3 is required, then even an 865 might be considered dated equipment. i'm being lazy w/ my on the spot research, but do the 865s support the prescott sse3 cores? if not,u have your answer. needless to say, the PII/BX chipset is moot.

i dont know much about how mac files work and all but the this hardware configuration error thing you get in vmware is in these two files cdboot and boot (i opened them with a text editor to see) thier in this folder if you want to take a look (drive):usrstandalonei386 and it may be in other files in that same folder im going to delete them and see what it does

probably nothing but im so eager

*edit* ok i took the files out and started the cd it just froze but im going to tamper witht them just to see