The Macbook Air is such an ugly piece of ****

41 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me!? People have anticipated a new macbook laptop for such a long time now, and finally it is announced and with pictures. It has got to be the ugliest thing i have ever seen. Why would you want something that thin? You would probably lose the thing so easily. And what if you put it on the ground, someone happens to walk by and smash!, your brand new $1800 laptop is gone. But that is not all, apple is going to release one with a solid state drive. Like someone is going to give a {censored} that they want a smaller hardrive, but just because it is faster, we are going to up the price to $3000. Apple dissapoints me everyday with their "innovative" products. I am tired of how much money apple puts into the looks of their products. They probably put so much money into it and it looks like a hooker with just a {censored} load of makeup on.
What is your problem buddy? You joined this forum to run Apple Software...but if Apple disappoints you, then why run it? You don't have to buy a MBA, though in my opinion, its is the best laptop ever....and its not like you have to buy it. even though this is an opinion, ad should have posted it in the opinion forum, here is a link, if you forgot... :P The SSD Is smaller but, with the faster CPU & RAM, that machine will scream.. Is not size that matters, its what you do with it that counts.... :P :P And as for the "innovative" remark, well, i don't see Dell or Microsoft making Stable products... Take a look at Vista, or those inspiron notebooks.... :) :censored2: and the hooker remark, WTF is that about? Sure Apple put shed loads of cash into development, but the quality and stature of those products is Amazing... and BTW, WTF is
it looks like a hooker with just a {censored} load of makeup on.
..grow up...
but it has "Remote Disc" :censored2: .... and i dont think the trackpad gestures are that hard to implement into the macbooks is it? Dish out a update Apple!!
Why buy a MBA?

Think Mark

seriously, i dont see what everyone is complaining about. We all wanted a replacement for the 12" powerbook.

and this isn't one.

The 12 inch powerbook was smaller and sleeker than the ibook (though only marginally) and boasted at least slightly better specs. Yes it cost more than the ibook but that money got you a product that afaict was as good or better than the ibook in every category.

The air is better than the macbook in terms of weight and marginally better in terms of size. Afaict in every other category it is the same or worse, no optical drive, hardly any ports, less storage, sealed in battery, forced to choose between an even slower processor and an even smaller solid state drive and so on.

For me it is a replacement of my PB 12"

I don't use the drive much now, most of the Software I download it. Firewire also, all of my new external devices are USB, I rarely use wired Ethernet, I already have an USB DVD writer and a USB to Ethernet, and if I really need more power I had my Desktops.

Why would you want something that thin? You would probably lose the thing so easily. And what if you put it on the ground, someone happens to walk by and smash!, your brand new $1800 laptop is gone.
This has *got* to be the most stupid thing I've ever read.

1.) You want something that thin because it's incredibly sexy.

2.) You do *NOT* put it on the ground. What are you doing to your notebooks? You just leave them somewhere on the ground and hope someone's gonna kick it?!

When they are out of real arguments they put those cheap excuses

Ye

I agree the Air isn't .

1) sounds like it's got preproduction components = so the first gen verison could be the worst.

2) the lack of ports and the battery issue is too lame.

I was hoping for a Mac Tablet. They could really stimulate the market with a 10 to 12 inch tablet a solid state drive and a good 6hr battery life. Maybe we'll see something in spring. Bring it on. !!

i think it's innovative enough..

same as everyone said, don't buy it if you don't buy it.

but i would suggest wait for cut price if you wanna buy it ;)

thus, despite it's way pricy, the whole thing is amazing ...

i think it's stupid if someone expect such a thin machine with has a ultimate performance over the machine you're using ...

this is not laptop replacement...

plus if you're "high-tech" enough, you know what to know to use your usb stick to replace your dvdrom, lol (possible?i suppose)

if it has an Intel Penryn, ULV ultra low voltage processor,

with the SSD disk, and makes no noise, it be green to me.

still , no interchangeable battery, will need a powerbrick ,....

the real killer, is , the screen rez,.... still stuck at 1280x800 is no better than the macbook,

from the coorporate world, runner ups:

- dell M1330 , led, 1440x900, etc, spec look good,

just have not seen much

- lenovo/thinkpads, 14" sxga 1400x1050 seen a lot,

- thinkpad 12", now that would compete with the air,....

seen bunch of those

for most of us, the minimalistic approach, won't do,

aka, carry , usb disk, usb dvd, power brick, due not interchangable battery,...

for the fashion geeks, professors, and MIT/Harvard students, it should not be a problem,

but until apple has a preffered vendor account, it won't make big cuts into coorporate world,

easiest way, have dell account sell apple,....

Do want Macbook Air, love it!

Only things that I'm not comfy about are;

1.) Heat generation of the 'new' and 'smaller' processor in it, somehow I think people will be able to bake some good good-morning-chickens on it for breakfast. ;D

2.) Small HDD Size, I'll wait till SSD drives make it to at least 100GB+, game developing on a 64GB disk is nothing for me.

3.) Macbook Air 1.0, its like, the first generation. And if I remember correctly most first gen products from Apple are, with no offense in mind; the worst?

4.) This is probably why I won't get the Air after all, the GPU, I have a Windows Laptop and a Macbook with GMA950, both GPU's in it were integrated. There is no way in hell I will go on with the integrated {censored}. Seriously, it's hell for games and heavy graphical stuff.

I think that with my usage of the Macbook with games, development and 3d/photoshop my GPU won't hold out too long anymore as I am getting graphical glitches on my screen every now and then. :) And my Guarantee will simply gib me a new GPU me hopes, or maybe Apple will upgrade it to the newer GMA's if I pay them a bit extra. ;/

Anyways gone offtopic so easily, sorry about that! :P

But yeah I agree with some posts above, if you don't like Air, simply don't buy it. Or just e-mail Steve Jobs the first post and hope he'll be in a good-charity mood and grant you a free Macbook Air plus 10000 dollar for telling him that he should make the macbook cheaper and fatter, exactly what Apple didn't aim for. :o

I however have to agree that seeing the price I paid for the white Macbook I have now (2.1), I could have gotten at least a twice as a strong notebook instead of the Macbook if I look at the hardware specs., so I agree with the overpriced part. Practically I feel like I paid a {censored}load of more money just for OSX compatibility.

I dont think it looks THAT bad, I just don't like the black keyboard.

As for price, it is expensive, but size costs, the smaller it is, the more expensive it will probably be.

I don't hate it, but I'll stick with the MacBook, or better yet, the iMac

I dont think it looks THAT bad, I just don't like the black keyboard.

As for price, it is expensive, but size costs, the smaller it is, the more expensive it will probably be.

I don't hate it, but I'll stick with the MacBook, or better yet, the iMac

Wow, you guys need to stop hating. I have a dell m1330... I would have gotten the MBP but they dont offer "Complete Care" Which protects me against accidental screen cracks (I'm a student).

The mac book air is amazing. Everything they did in it is truly amazing.

Since I have had my laptop I've NEVER pluged in the ethernet cable... ever

I have only used my DVD drive to install iATKOS (leopard), since then, I havent used it once.

The internet is becoming as fast as dvd drives, so why would you ever need a dvd drive when you have the internet.

Its expensive? No its really not, anyways ill buy one once i graduate from college next year.. its perfect for me.

Its slow? When do you ever play games on a portable laptop, thats what you use desktops for... there isn't anything about this laptop that isnt perfect, other than I cant use two batteries at once... and if you ue the laptop properly and disable some {censored} you can extend the battery. I can get 9 hours out of my 9 cell.

Edit: thinking about it, the only real flaw is the display port, it should just be an HDMI port.. its just as small.... (almost).. and i paid 2250 for my laptop...

from the coorporate world, runner ups:

- dell M1330 , led, 1440x900, etc, spec look good,

Please don't lie, M1330 has only 1280x800, only M1530 has option of different resolutions/displays.

And spec are good but I rather prefer the MBA 100% over the XPS M1330 (and I have one).

This has *got* to be the most stupid thing I've ever read.

1.) You want something that thin because it's incredibly sexy.

2.) You do *NOT* put it on the ground. What are you doing to your notebooks? You just leave them somewhere on the ground and hope someone's gonna kick it?!

Gaah you beat me to it

I have never seen so many people {censored} and moan about a product, as I have with the Macbook Air! Apple love causing controversy, only they could have come out with a product this radical! I'm not going to buy one, because it's not for me (student here). But that doesn't mean I'm going around saying "It's overpriced" "It lacks features" "OMG Macbook Aur suckz compared to XYZ windoze laptop!!!"

It's aimed at niche markets. Most of us do not fall in those markets, and then we feel jealous, and then threads like this start. Really immature.

BTW, Macgirl, I'm jealous! MBA with 64gb SSD and 1.8ghz....DAMN!

• 3 weeks later...

as we all know mac makes their $$ off all their hardware mostly, no one should be complaining about that.

the air is simply another one of Jobs little projects to pretty much chain you down to use apple for the next 5 yrs (airs life before replaced with a better "innovative project")

One word to this solution: Hackintosh, invest time and effort so we can all get something good out of apple.

remember jobs and gates have only 1 simple difference between them: one works for apple the other one for micr$oft; simply, both companies want your money, thats all.

so stop complaining and start writting.