InsanelyMac Beggers...

Ongeloof

Do you Give/Donate To them?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Community Giver or just don't bother?

• Yes
    • No

39 posts in this topic

I know of two active memeber of InsanelyMac.com that are asking for financial help. I am one, and PCWiz is another. i was wondering how many people actually do donate to good causes like us?

I may not be a extreamley active member or have reconition for anything big, but i do need the help...PM me for answer..

and i do honestly suffer from Autism if you thought i was lying, and i do have a full time NHS carer.

Actually I've stopped the $800 run thing and I've updated my signature. Now it only says to consider a donation if you like my resources. Of course donations are rare but I just got a $12 donation last night so people DO donate sometimes if they appreciate you a lot.

Think Mark,

I'm sure you didn't mean to but topics like this get nasty quick (Trust me I know) so this topic MIGHT need a close soon.

:blink:

pcwiz

Think Mark,

I'm sure you didn't mean to but topics like this get nasty quick (Trust me I know) so this topic MIGHT need a close soon.

That thread wasn't nasty, it was just annoying that someone was trying to raise money for a good cause and the first response is basically someone :) saying this is useless, won't work.

Think Mark, I can't speak for others but I think its hard to donate to someone with no personal connection. It's one thing to donate to a cause like Autism but at least to me harder to donate money to buy electronic devices for a 3rd party. My guess is this is the same for most people, until they have a personal connection, whether it be someone near them, or even just seeing a commercial on TV, its hard to have empathy for these type requests.

Of the donations I recieved, only 1 ($1) was specifically for my hackintosh. The rest $20 or so was for my VMware resources, which is what is important.

P.S Macmini599 that "MP4 MP3" player link you have in your sig is a total iPod Nano clone :)

That thread wasn't nasty, it was just annoying that someone was trying to raise money for a good cause and the first response is basically someone ;) saying this is useless, won't work. Think Mark, I can't speak for others but I think its hard to donate to someone with no personal connection. It's one thing to donate to a cause like Autism but at least to me harder to donate money to buy electronic devices for a 3rd party. My guess is this is the same for most people, until they have a personal connection, whether it be someone near them, or even just seeing a commercial on TV, its hard to have empathy for these type requests.

Its not that specific thread that I was referring to. Its these kind of sensitive issues overall and one day its these kind of topics that will get me banned ;).

Rofl, are you {censored} kidding? I mean Asepegers syndrome is nothing. Asking for donations, for {censored}s sake. You make it sound like its such a big thing, and you will die from it soon. If it was cancer, id barely consider it. Aspergers isnt life threatening. It isnt a "noble" cause so to speak.

so people DO donate sometimes if they appreciate you a lot.

Or maybe simply because they want to be nice, especially for Christmas :P

@Think Mark: I can't vote for your poll. Donating to an individual doesn't make you a "Community Giver"

Do they have Christmas in Italy because the $12 (big) donation came from Italy.

Of course we have Christmas in Italy, we almost invented it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_scene

Although drawings and paintings existed earlier, St Francis of Assisi is credited with the invention of three-dimensional nativity scenes.

Rofl, are you {censored} kidding? I mean Asepegers syndrome is nothing. Asking for donations, for {censored}s sake. You make it sound like its such a big thing, and you will die from it soon. If it was cancer, id barely consider it. Aspergers isnt life threatening. It isnt a "noble" cause so to speak.
You think its easy to live with Asbergers Syndrome, dealing with Agrophobia, GermPhobia, Anti-Socialness, anger problems? You think that easy. you don't think its noble to give a carer just ONE DAY! of rest. a woman who has to deal with so much rubbish from me that it makes her ill. nobody can help the way they are, nor can they hide form the cards they are delt, but making a very special person in my life smile, for one day, really does seem like the right thing to do.What a horrible comment, if i had cancer you would barley consider it. i am appealing to the only community that i belong to. You lot are the only people i can turn to. i have no friends in the real world! thats why i am here! pleading my lil heart out.do you seriously think i enjoy hurting people. Asbergers Syndrome is the kind of problem that can tear up a family. i don't want this to turn into a horrible thread, i don't want any nasty comment, i want help. thats all. carers are a big part of society, and i want to help mine.Thanks for all you support so farThink Mark.sorry for the bad spelling or grammer....

Of course we have Christmas in Italy, we almost invented it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_scene

Although drawings and paintings existed earlier, St Francis of Assisi is credited with the invention of three-dimensional nativity scenes.

Thank god it was in Italy, if it was in the USA it surely would be another patent/copyright lawsuit.

Making a 3D representation of a real life 3D object is a ground breaking idea. :rolleyes:

Colonel, that wasn't even remotely funny. Do you think that a severely disabled person can get a job?

You remind me of Tony Blair: "Everybody can work" :)

Aspergers doesn't make one severely disabled. I work at a SuperMarket, and we employ several people with mental conditions, in fact I'm pretty sure one of them indeed does have Aspergers. Really, there's nothing wrong with Colonels's or Kiko's remarks.

Aspergers doesn't make one severely disabled. I work at a SuperMarket, and we employ several people with mental conditions, in fact I'm pretty sure one of them indeed does have Aspergers. Really, there's nothing wrong with Colonels's or Kiko's remarks.

I know England very well, and I can tell you: he wouldn't get a carer if his condition wasn't seen as quite severe by the Government.

Every illness have various degrees of severity. For instance I have known epilepsy sufferers who could do any job, while others could hardly live their daily life.

Aspergers can be especially difficult for employment. Moreso than many other conditions. Not understanding group dynamics or how your actions affect other people can lead to a lot of... trouble.

My Friend's neighbour works with disabled kids. One of them has Aspergers, and he's the most difficult to deal with, as he (he's 12) has a tendency to stick his hands down random people's pants to um... play with their goodies. Among other things. Imagine the fun and hilarity if he worked at your local super market ;-p

Alesandro: Tony Blair is not wrong. Everyone who is not in a vegetative state can work. Whether it makes sense for them to do so is debatable. That they can, is not.

Aspergers can be especially difficult for employment. Moreso than many other conditions. Not understanding group dynamics or how your actions affect other people can lead to a lot of... trouble.

My Friend's neighbour works with disabled kids. One of them has Aspergers, and he's the most difficult to deal with, as he (he's 12) has a tendency to stick his hands down random people's pants to um... play with their goodies. Among other things. Imagine the fun and hilarity if he worked at your local super market ;-p

Alesandro: Tony Blair is not wrong. Everyone who is not in a vegetative state can work. Whether it makes sense for them to do so is debatable. That they can, is not.

Is this actually sombody sticking up for me? Thanks!

My god! You really should read about Asbergers on Wikipedia before other people write nasty commments.

I couldn't work in an Apple shop, i would tend to deal with them if they walked out of the shop empty handed or if they owned a PC...

Life gets difficult withy asbergers.And employment is not really high on my list of things i need to deal with...first thing is anger, then agrophobia, then germphobia...

Think Mark

Is this actually sombody sticking up for me? Thanks!

My god! You really should read about Asbergers on Wikipedia before other people write nasty commments.

I couldn't work in an Apple shop, i would tend to deal with them if they walked out of the shop empty handed or if they owned a PC...

Life gets difficult withy asbergers.And employment is not really high on my list of things i need to deal with...first thing is anger, then agrophobia, then germphobia...

Think Mark

but, you spelled it wrong both times?

idk..... if you have it im sorry.....

but yeah, you think someone who had it wouldnt be so careless as to mispell it twice when they just quoted someone who spelled it correctly......

& if you do in fact have it, good luck, it can be quite hard to live with.

lol, think mark. I have aspergers, and im not about to kill myself lol. And germophobia doesnt come from aspergers, it comes from the fact that you are too {censored}ed up to realise that things could be worse, so you make a huge deal out of everything, how will us donating help you deal with your problems?

If you really like what your carer does for you, maybe you should do something, not ask for donations from other people, do something from your heart instead of getting other people to give the money. You know, make an effort, im employed just fine and pick up on social cues, it just takes a bit of effort. You make it sound like aspergers is crippling, and that it makes you a degenerate, it isnt the aspergers making you a degenerate, its you. Its easy to blame something which cant be "fixed" rather than stop, step back and take a good look at yourself. Grow some balls kid.