InsanelyMac Beggers...

Ongeloof

Do you Give/Donate To them?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Community Giver or just don't bother?

• Yes
    • No

39 posts in this topic

Alesandro: Tony Blair is not wrong. Everyone who is not in a vegetative state can work. Whether it makes sense for them to do so is debatable.

Exactly. Look at the case you just mentioned. Or look at people with medium to severe CFS: I know for a fact that a job would be a living hell for them. Only the anxiety would kill them.

Exactly. Look at the case you just mentioned. Or look at people with medium to severe CFS: I know for a fact that a job would be a living hell for them. Only the anxiety would kill them.

Yup, I'm with you there.

My mum hasn't worked for years now. Quite often, she is fine. And then there can be weeks where she can't get out of bed :D

I think both CFS and Fibromyalgia are largely in the patients head.

The usual nonsense we hear from people who don't have a clue.

Do you really believe that so many world-famous immunologists would waste their time for an imaginary illness?

See for instance:

http://www.afme.org.uk/campaigning.asp?tab...vices&id=94

Honestly, I'm rather skeptical if you actually have it. I could put 'Please donate to my Tourettes Syndrome' in my sig, with an elaborate backstory, doesn't mean I have it. It's cool that you wanna get something for someone, but I agree with Kiko and Colonel, get a job and get her something yourself. I doubt anyone's gonna really donate. They could use the money towards something else or they just can't prove it so they can't write it off on their taxes. And I'm pretty sure disabled people have a better chance at getting a job than people that aren't.

this is honestly really sad to me... If you have enough money to buy a mac, or even a computer for that matter, i think you have $1 to donate to someone who doesn't have the money to get that kind of stuff!!!

Well said. Some common sense at last.

There are people here (including myself) who build a computer after another, and yet they can't spare a couple of Pounds or Dollars for a fellow human being?

roflmao, AOMT, that is stupid, i mean. If we were to donate $1 to every disadvantaged kid in the world, we'd be eating our own shoes. Sure its fine if you know the guy i.e: have spoken to him in real life but online, lol.

I could use another one of my accounts and make up some sad sad sad story about how my mom sister has cancer, and she needs her medicine to give her a chance at life, because she is so young, but seeing as my dad has died, i have to look after the family, and its really really really hard, as her medicine is really expensive, and like, any help would be greatly appreciated. So please, donate a bit of money to give her a chance to live. I'm pretty sure people would donate, but that is just lame, first off, the kid has a computer as he is posting on the internet or he is using a internet cafe, so he isnt eating his shoes yet, and you dont even know who i am / if im telling the truth or not. Seriously, some people are just too stupid (or kind if you want to say that), acting like a herd of sheep.

Because i can't spell my syndrome does not prove i don't have it. i am not that good at spelling. i could prove to every simple person in the world i have it. send me i PM i willl put you right, if you don't belive me. think its time to close this forum....

one more community thats kicked me out.

I'm sorry - I've tried so hard to let this continue without posting my opinion, but this is getting ridiculous.

Firstly, if you want to express your appreciation to your carer, wouldn't it be better if the present you gave her came directly from you? Wouldn't it mean so much more if you had worked hard or done something yourself rather than asking for money from others to buy her something? I know you have said you are disabled, but the mere fact that you will have gone out of your way to give your carer something would be enough.

Secondly, I fail to see how a $196 iPod will give someone "one day of rest". If it were me, I would be more frustrated with the fact that I wouldn't be able to use it as I'd be busy caring for you. Instead, why not buy a book, or a CD of music (s)he likes and let him/her relax on Christmas day? I think the fact that you want to get an iPod when something cheaper would do the same thing is one reason why people are not very keen to donate.

- Sabr.