Full Install Guide GA P35-DS3P

socal swimmer

314 posts in this topic

both kalyway and iATKOS should work with EFI. I used the brazilmac method because it was easiest (small download) and it gave me a reason to purchase leopard (which I felt good about).But both of those will work.

Install EFI just like i said in the guide, and then install OS X however you want, then patch the sound, then add dual boot (if you want), and you should be good to go!

I don't know about the "sudo halt" part, but I'm pretty sure that when I tried "sudo reboot", I had the same problems as normal reboot.

I don't get it - this guide refers to the Brazil postpatch (9a581PostPatch.sh), but the files included in the downloadable EFI Pack already contains a "PostPatch.sh" that refers to the folder "Leopatch"

Do I need to use the post patch files from the Brazil method or the one that is included in the RapidShare download linked to from this guide?

9a581PostPatch.sh or postPatch.sh ???

Fuzzywasaduck - You need to use both. If you unsure then read the guide Word for Word, I can confirm it works 110% but only if you read and follow the guide fully

RaggedJagged - Check that the partition is active.

I don't get it - this guide refers to the Brazil postpatch (9a581PostPatch.sh), but the files included in the downloadable EFI Pack already contains a "PostPatch.sh" that refers to the folder "Leopatch"

Do I need to use the post patch files from the Brazil method or the one that is included in the RapidShare download linked to from this guide?

9a581PostPatch.sh or postPatch.sh ???

You should use the 9a581PostPatch in the brazil folder. I ignored the postpatch in the EFI folder. Note that this is only for the brazilmac method. If you used Kalyway, then use that postpatch (if there is one).

raggedjagged- I don't understand what you mean. Does it post normally (show the full screen logo) and go through the bios stuff? Does it hang at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...." or does it go past that?

AHCI should be enabled. Under BIOS -> Integrated Peripherals, there are four things you have to change. At the top, enable AHCI and enable Ports 0-3. In the lower half, you have to enable AHCI mode and enable something else related to SATA.

Try mashing F8 right after "Verifying DMI Pool Data....". It should go into boot options. Type "-v" and press enter, also make sure the correct partition is selected.

You should not need to make partition active. That is just for MBR formatted drives. If you formatted it GUID, you shouldn't have to do that. If you DID use fdisk to make the partition active, then reinstall efi.

I ended also install from RetailDVD and Terminal but

Stuck at mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified Computer name: using default bMachintosh

mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname: using default bMachintosh

What is your AppleAHCIport ?

Thank's

I used the one from the Brazilmac patch, with stock I had to keep booting with -f

Hey socal swimmer,

one question:

How did anyone get around that Vista wont let you install on GUID-Partitions? I think there is no way to get around that, except with BootCamp maybe?

Anyway, thank you for your nice guide!

EDIT: Stupid me, forget it. Seems my GPT-Table (or MBR) were defect, i deleted all stuff from my HDD and redid the whole process. So its ok now.

really?

did it work with the efi bootloader, or did you use another method for dual booting?

The reason I said 64 bit was because I thought that in order to have efi on there, you had to use 64 bit...

Yes, really 32-bit Vista for dual boot, with the Method you (and i_am...me of course) described inthe guide(s).

I installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and its working like a charm :(

cool.

do you know if other 32 bit vista versions will work?

handbrake is sooooooo slowwwww...........

Dunno yet, but i think i'm gonna try tomorrow for the 'Home Premium' ;)

I really think the others should work too, cause the 'bootmgr' Files on my Home-Premium and on the Ultimate DVD are identical (at least their MD5-Sums are), i think...

Hey you guys!

I just installed Leopard 10.5.1 with the kalyway disk, seems to work fine except of the ethernet and the audio devices...

Can I patch the sound with the howto on page 1 without booting the dvd ? Because if I try to boot the dvd now I get an error (something like ..boot.plist. can not be found)

Where do I find a patch for the ethernet? Do I actually need one? If not, how can I activate it?

Yes, you can patch the sound. To do this, do "my" sound patch from single user mode. Just before the hard drive starts booting, start mashing F8. When you get into boot options, type:

-s <press enter>

This should boot into single user mode, which gives you command line access. Do all the same commands that are in the howto. Note that your Leopard installation is at the root level (e.g. extensions are at /System/Library/Extensions), but your thumbdrive is at /Volumes/thumbdrive.

If you are in single user mode, and you are halfway through typing a command and suddenly it says "Package 0 didn't get an HPET", then don't worry, just finish typing out your command as if it was all on the same line, and press enter. its fine.

To fix the package 0 {censored}:

restart, and press <del> to enter bios

go to "Power Management Setup"

change "HPET Mode" to "64-bit mode".

press F10 to save and exit.

Note that this HPET solution may cause problems with 32-bit vista.

as for the ethernet, I'm not sure. It came working with brazilmac. You could try downloading the brazilmac patch, and look in the folders (leopatch, I think) to see if there are any relevant kexts.

EDIT:

I just added the HPET info to the main howto. Also, I added info on Quicktime and .avi codecs.

Does this guide apply to similar Gigabyte mb like GA P35-DS3L & GA P35-DS3R?

I want to make my first Hackintosh with P35 series motherboard shortly.

Which of these motherboards (GA P35-DS3P, GA P35-DS3L or GA P35-DS3R) is recommended for beginner?

Can I build a 100% work MAC OSX system with this motherboard by following this guide?

Do I need to buy a ATA dvd drive to install? (I have IDE dvd writer only)

Thanks a lot for advice!!

Alan (from Hong Kong).

Those motherboards should work as well. I say should because I did not personally test them, but many other people have full compatibility, and it is the same steps. So yes, this guide will work for those motherboards.

I would highly recommend getting a SATA dvd drive. IDE has many problems. It may work, or it may not...

as for 100% working, no. This will get you as close as is possible with a hackintosh, but there are always minor problems (certain CDs and DVDs wont eject, cause disk utility and other apps to crash, iDVD doesn't work, and other minor stuff. If you want it to just work, buy a mac.

Get whichever motherboard is best for your needs. They are all equally compatible.