Full Install Guide GA P35-DS3P

socal swimmer

314 posts in this topic

ok thank you!

That is what I just figured out, but I didn't know about that driver for vista. Thank you!

Now I just have to get an extension cord to reach the front. . .

I would recommend Brazilmac. It seems to me that it has a higher success rate, and you actually understand what you are doing in the process.

No. But I don't even know what wakeonlan is.

And Sleep does not work properly when I have 2 monitors plugged in. Only one wakes up, and the Color settings don't kick in, the mouse won't move, but the keyboard and mouse clicks respond normally. The other stays off..

No. But I don't even know what wakeonlan is.

And Sleep does not work properly when I have 2 monitors plugged in. Only one wakes up, and the Color settings don't kick in, the mouse won't move, but the keyboard and mouse clicks respond normally. The other stays off..

i think that u should check your grahics features?i know less about radeon or ati,sori

Btw,wats the advantages of radeon?For me,i feel its performance like weaklings n price not worth compare to nvidia..Anyone can teach how make dual os on GA P35-Ds3? xp and osx ,pls reply thx...

Btw,wats the advantages of radeon?For me,i feel its performance like weaklings n price not worth compare to nvidia..Anyone can teach how make dual os on GA P35-Ds3? xp and osx ,pls reply thx...

Well, the 3850 is an excellent budget card for the price. As someone who had a 2900PRO for a couple of weeks before getting an 8800GT, I can honestly say that (IMHO) the picture quality on the ATI was much better than the nVidia's. It feels like the G92s sacrifice a bit of quality for good benchmarks. Incidentally, don't write off ATI; I remember when NV were trying to use their craptacular 5 series against ATIs mighty 9700/9800s and everyone was ready to bury them. Things can turn around very quickly in IT - you are only as good as your last product...

Regarding WakeOnLAN, I doubt you will be able to make it work. The power management BARELY works as it is, I expect that this would be something that EFI needs to take care of. I guess if you examined how it's parsed on a real mac - then maybe pass a string to the kernel.... Good luck with that.

Well, the 3850 is an excellent budget card for the price. As someone who had a 2900PRO for a couple of weeks before getting an 8800GT, I can honestly say that (IMHO) the picture quality on the ATI was much better than the nVidia's. It feels like the G92s sacrifice a bit of quality for good benchmarks. Incidentally, don't write off ATI; I remember when NV were trying to use their craptacular 5 series against ATIs mighty 9700/9800s and everyone was ready to bury them. Things can turn around very quickly in IT - you are only as good as your last product...

Regarding WakeOnLAN, I doubt you will be able to make it work. The power management BARELY works as it is, I expect that this would be something that EFI needs to take care of. I guess if you examined how it's parsed on a real mac - then maybe pass a string to the kernel.... Good luck with that.

err....i haven figure it out consolation,now i juz waiting brazil mac coz i try use brazil mac for now..

Something interesting :

- if i shutdown from leo : wakeonlan works

- if i suspend (S3) : wakeonlan dont work -> this is the annoying issue

I saw there is also the same bug for this mobo under linux #160413

:)

Yes... As you'd expect; when you shutdown you basically only have standby current going to the network interface, if it gets the right frame it will wake. It'd do so even if you had completely empty hard drives. Once OSX tries to power manage a BIOS mobo - things get tricky.....

Yes... As you'd expect; when you shutdown you basically only have standby current going to the network interface, if it gets the right frame it will wake. It'd do so even if you had completely empty hard drives. Once OSX tries to power manage a BIOS mobo - things get tricky.....

hey consolation

ok I went through and I got it all working (yay), and even tested some surround sound AC3 files with VLC, which worked great. however, when I tried to use iTunes to play music, only the front left, front right, and sub played. Is there any way to tell OS X to send those same signals to the other 3 speakers?

I googled, and found many mentions of the problem, but all were on windows. Many talked about sound card options (which doesn't apply to me), or foobar2000 (windows only).

Did you find any solutions that allowed you to use itunes with your 5.1 setup where you got all speakers working?

Did you find any solutions that allowed you to use itunes with your 5.1 setup where you got all speakers working?

Yes.... but you might not like my solution. My speaker system has a controller that sits on the desk, it has a headphone socket, plus controls for the amp; one of the buttons lets you switch between stereo and 5.1. I use that, sorry.

P.S. couple of points I forgot to mention. In the Aggregate device editor you can drag the sound outs up and down, this means that, for example, you can have FL&FR on streams 1&2 -I do not know if it has any impact beyond aesthetics. Make sure all channels are set to same bit & sample rates. You can make ad-hoc multichannel using a couple of $5 USB sound dongles, make sure you have the clock set to build-in audio to avoid channels going out of sync. Oh, you can rename your device by clicking on it.

The most powerful function of this tool is the ability to create an aggregate INPUT device. (e.g. join up line-in and mic-in and you have a 4 channel multi track recorder) You can then select your new aggregate device as a sound source in Logic or GarageBand. (Works w/ protools & Cubase too). Want to add more channels - you are only limited by the number of your firewire and USB ports. (Well.... I made a monster 24 channel beast on my old powerbook; recording 24 tracks chocked the laptop HD promptly (or the CPU, it was a 550MHz G4).

This has to be one of the least documented, most powerful tools that we inherited from CoreAudio - why does Apple keep so quiet about it always puzzled me. The interface looks like it came out of an undergrad Java 101 assignment, it's almost as if a programmer left it there as an after thought.

P.P.S

http://www.apple.com/pro/techniques/aggregateaudio/

Oh, and the device for logic has to have at least one out... At least it used to have to.

As I mentioned a month or so and several pages ago, I've been holding off on finalizing my install until 10.5.2 was released (due to my 8800 GT). Does anyone have an 8800 GT and this board and can confirm it working with 10.5.2?

Works just fine, the only kexts I had to replace were the two audio related ones and my wireless'.

I just kernel panicked trying to update, my iAtkos install, it won't reboot without kernel panicking. I guess I'll try a full reinstall and immediately 10.5.2 it before anything else.

try booting in verbose mode ("-v") at startup

see what causes it. did you install efi?

No idea why I said iAtkos, I used Kalyway which included EFI and vanilla kernel, wouldn't have updated otherwise. I'll give -v a try tomorrow morning but in the meantime I really gotta catch some sleep before class in the morning. My CS professor is a nice guy and owns a Macbook Pro, but "I missed class because I was fixing my OSx86 install" won't fly haha.