Any X2 users experience stutter like syndroms?

shoman24v

208 posts in this topic

Gdfath3r, that is very high !!

I get an overall 80 on Xbench (don't remember the CPU mark, I have to run it again).

Looking at your specs and looking at mine it seems its your video card and HDD that are creaming mine.

Here are my specs:

Athlon X2 4200+ (currently slightly o/ced 2.25GHz, will o/c later)

Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro

2x512MB OCZ Dual Channel

Radeon 9800 Pro (AGP) <<== slow, and tons of mouse tearing

40GB HDD <<== Slow, specially compared to a HDD with 16MB cache :(

Can you please post your complete Xbench results. I know the video card is waaaaay better than mine, but I wanna see how bad the HDD is.

Thanks.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ench&st=380

Here is one of them, last one is not posted. I already posted too many.

About videocard, it was foolish to buy x1900 for speed..under MacOS it is even slower, I have no idea why.

About harddrive, youre right, the 16mb cache makes a huge difference.....I realized that sata is a big scam of Intel...it is not faster than IDE, but is a good reason to make people buy new HDD. Only positive thing about sata from my point is the slim sata cable.

I've read all and tried all, no any tricks work for me, and in change multiplier below 10 one core stop to work.

In Windows too.. so any idlehalt=0 NOT WORKING for me!!!!!!!!

Btw, you seems confused. Why you have problems in windows? This is specific MacOS issue not windows, so if you have problems in win, something terible there....I think you have problems with understanding things......I dont blame you but, probable you dont have idea, what are you doing and what are you saying.

Hello,

I would like to buy an Opteron 165 (multi 9X by default) but I would'nt have the same problem that I encountered with my X2 3800 AMD (stuttering)

My motherboard is a Gigabyte K8NXP9 with nForce4 Ultra (no SLI)

Could you tell me if the Opteron works fine with multi at 9X or if you need to reduce the multiCPU to avoid stutter syndrome ?

Thank you

Bye

It seems that the stuttering has to do with the FSB and not the multiplier. I still got stuttering when running 9x220. When I went to 230 and above it was gone.

Keep your X2 3800 and increase the FSB instead.

I will try...

I tried to reduce the multi to 9.5X and increase the FSB to 230 and it works fine... I will try to keep the multi to 10X and only overclock the CPU by increasing FSB

Thank you

I tried to increase FSB without changing mutiCPU but it doesn't work.

I tried with FSB = 215, 220, 230

HT = 4X

RAM ratio = 2:1,83 and 2:1,66

Finally I set:

multiCPU = 9.5X

FSB = 240

HT = 4X

RAM ratio 2:1,66

It works fine but finally I reduce the multiplier...

Now the CPU works at 2280 MHz (9.5X * 240FSB)

what about for INTEL CORE DUO 2 PROCESSORS? I've read all 10 pages talkin about the AMD processors, but we need the intel guys to chime in as well.

thanks!

Inten Core Duo have no stuttering issues far as I know. Are they?

• 3 weeks later...

Stuttering gone with the new 10.4.8 AMD release. I now run it stable without any problems at stock settings (10x200 and RAM at 400MHz).

The Bus speed in System Profiler is at 400MHz instead of 200MHz. That must be the reason that it works at stock settings. :hysterical:

Stuttering gone with the new 10.4.8 AMD release. I now run it stable without any problems at stock settings (10x200 and RAM at 400MHz).

The Bus speed in System Profiler is at 400MHz instead of 200MHz. That must be the reason that it works at stock settings. :blink:

did u get ur system working with new senthex kernel?

Yes, works perfectly.

I thought it works only on SSE3 copatible processors... :blink: can u give me a link for the installation guide?

Itried to install it with the kernel of Daemon/Mifki but it doesn't run on SSE2.

Sorry for the offtopic

With Kernel 8.8.1 there are no Stutter at all.

MG, thanks for the update about 8.8.1. I simply can't wait. I also need to get my silicon image SATA card working. I think I am going to go with the regular install method, then add the kexts for the Silicon Image Sata Card to the partition and go from there...

I am still downloading from my favorite pirate :wacko: I won't have the proc for 3 days or so. I also plan to overclock on stock air for a while. I've never overclocked (much) and think this couild be a good chip to start with (so long as I get the one with the stepping I anticipate). I want to dabble a bit with that computer as its a backup for my 'real' mac laptop (iBook G4) which is now slow and almost 2 years old, but its what I use 99% of the time. I want a toy for a while that I can jack with.

joneSi

Yea IO have this stutter problem to and i have a x2 3800 I think its a toldo core. Well I was to lazy to pursue this problem and I just intalled mac on my old P4 2.4 Northwood CPU and it works great. But it would be nice to have it run on my dual core for I have better parts in that machine and It would have a huge performance increace if the stutter went away but anyways thats all.

Yea I have this stutter problem to and i have a x2 3800 I think its a toldo core. Well I was to lazy to pursue this problem and I just intalled mac on my old P4 2.4 Northwood CPU and it works great. But it would be nice to have it run on my dual core for I have better parts in that machine and It would have a huge performance increace if the stutter went away but anyways thats all.

no stuttering with 8.8.1 from semthex. I had this syndrome with previous kernles and needed to diseable 1 core (and SSE3 was not enabled)

Now, thanks to semthex, it just works great.

Did you try to install with 'tubgirl' AMD SSE3 test1 DVD ?

In my hardware profile it says there is 1 processor. When I type in the command at the terminal to find out how many cores, it says two.

The original install was on a 3500+ single core...should I reinstall (well, I'm going to have to anyway :whistle: I want SATA)