New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I've got quite similar hardware like yours and with a couple of tricks you can get Rev.1 to work on your laptop. Read my experiences with Rev.1 here.

Touchpad: Did you try this one?

Sound: What about those ones?

Hello, my problem with my laptop is that i can not get it to boot a copy of osx at all. It just flickers an error message and goes back to the begining of the boot loader.

someone please help me i have a HP A1730N desktop and i cant get it to work , i get the error message in the picture with the last part changing each time i try

hmm there is no 100% proof solution for this problem....as far as i know..

http://osx.kbot.de/comments.php?Discussion...p;page=1#Item_4 check here

oh and POST YOUR SPECS

Hi all ;) I installed it today (finally). Everything works fine for me, i have to do something with applePS2keyboard.kext, because i dont want use an external keyboard in my laptop (hp pavilion dv5000 [dv5224nr]) ;)

i had a problems with freeze, but i did like sb wrote in description of torrent - i turned off dhcp, and i set up all network preferents manually :P

cheers

Poe_ <poe [at] gentoo [dot] pl>

PS

and sorry for my english. i'm from Poland

That's not going to Fix the Lan Freeze problems on Rev.1, you will see.

Once you reboot a couple of times it will happen again and again, if you are using forcedeth -

Read the Guides to see the solution, and also wait for RC2.

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc2

http://osx.kbot.de

By the Way:

100 Thread Pages reached, with 1,980 replies and 186,508 views. Stunning!

Our AMD Forum, which was born at 4th of January, has reached 361 Users and 1238 replies up to now.

Come and register to share the AMD Leopard wealth ;)

hehe, thanks, I did it ;)

I have to find something about changing resolution, because I have only 1024*768, I saw something about it somewhere ;)

Poe, which graphic card do you have and did you try to set your desired resolution in Boot.plist?

Terminal:

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Add/Edit this Line:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280×1024×32</string>

// insert resolution

CTRL + O -> Save (WriteOut)

CTRL + X -> Quit

Reboot

unrelated:

DoiX, have a look at your permissions at the AMD forums. ^[:->

ohh ;) THANK YOU Puttabong :hysterical:

hehe, thanks, I did it smile.gif

I have to find something about changing resolution, because I have only 1024*768, I saw something about it somewhere wink_anim.gif

Poe you better don't try that solution, i have a xpress 200 and when i tried it i got "resolution unsupported by the graphics card" from the monitor...if you wan't to change the resolution try katana if katana doesn't work try callisto(build 008)

DoiX, the above solution at least fixed my Resolution before I had proper Drivers and QE/CI enabled for GeForce 7600 GT.

As soon as I had proper Drivers I could choose the resolution easily, anyway I still have the flags in my Boot.plist,

because I like the bootloader to have high resolution graphics with the nice resolution that I like. :)

I posted these ramblings on the Zephyroth 10.5.1 site, but maybe someone here will also be interested:

Installing Zephyroth 10.5.1 to an External USB HD, the nvidia 8600GT PCIe, and HDTV:

Sorry, I'll warn you upfront this post will likely be longish...

Some unusual things I've learned fooling around with Zephyroth 10.5.1:

A. Installing on an EXTERNAL hard drive:

I've tried several installs on spare hardware I have lying around. I've avoided trying to install OSx86 on any of my main computers (mostly running Vista, and mainly HTPC's running Vista Media Center (Home Theater Computers - we have three))

I also wanted to try installing it on my AMD laptop (which ISN'T very OSx86 friendly), but NOT on the internal drive.

Anyway, I did an install to a USB 2.5" hard drive - from a computer that was already running Zephyroth. Once the install was done, I DIDN'T boot from it on that computer (not that it would matter, I found out later). I attached it to my laptop and booted the laptop from the USB drive. Much to my surprise, it actually worked! (I still had problems that would keep the laptop from being fully usable, but it got me into the desktop and many functions worked)

OK, that didn't work so well & I've got OSX sitting on the USB drive - I decided to plug it into ANOTHER computer, boot up, and see what happened. Ya, it worked. I started in safe mode and it actually ran on completely different hardware. I did this with a couple of computers to verify. Best part is: YOU NEVER have to go through "account creation" again!

MORAL:

1. External drives are cooler than I thought.

2. Having problems with a particular install? Install to an external drive on ANY computer and use the external drive to boot your "problem child"...

3. It's a lot like Linux! You can carry your OS around with you (almost...)!

B. OSx86, The 8600GT, and HDTV

One of the computers I hadn't heretofore touched was our main HTPC - a newish AMD AM2 setup with a 690G motherboard, an LG Combo HD-DVD / Blu-ray drive, the nvidia 8600GT video card, and DVI to a 55" Mitsubishi 1080i widescreen rear-projection HDTV.

Yup, I hooked up my little USB drive and rebooted! And it worked... After I was in the Desktop, I loaded the 10.5.2 nvidia kexts with 8600 support and rebooted.

Danged if it didn't come back up with the Desktop at 1920x1080! I hurried and checked: FULL QE/CI support! AND: In the Display Settings, not only were multiple resolutions enabled, TV SUPPORT was also active - AND overscan compensation! The Mits is a CRT rear-projector and it overscans - badly... Initially ALL edges of the Desktop were cut off. I unchecked "overscan" and the display came back to normal!

Dude!

I still haven't fixed the chipset kexts or checked the sound codec, but it's running FAST, video support is awesome, the Realtek RTL8110 Gigabit LAN is purring right along, and my wireless multimedia keyboard is working great!

Anyone interested - here's the hardware specs:

Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H 690G AM2 Motherboard (onboard Radeon x1250 video is disabled)

Realtek RTL8110 - Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps - working (supported natively)

Realtek ALC889A HD Audio (haven't checked yet)

Athlon64 x2 4200+ AM2

2GB Dual Ch RAM

Gigabyte fanless 8600GT PCIe (WORKS with all features supported!)

Maxtor 320GB SATA HD

LG GGC-H20L Combo Blu-ray & HD-DVD drive

FusionHDTV5 Gold & FusionHDTV3 Gold QAM PCI ATSC tuners

PowerColor 550 Pro PCIe NTSC Tuner

Mitsubishi WS-55813 55" RP HDTV - DVI

DoiX, the above solution at least fixed my Resolution before I had proper Drivers and QE/CI enabled for GeForce 7600 GT.

As soon as I had proper Drivers I could choose the resolution easily, anyway I still have the flags in my Boot.plist,

because I like the bootloader to have high resolution graphics with the nice resolution that I like. :)

unfortunatly there are no proper driver for the x200 :) next month i'm gonna buy a GeForce 8500 GT :)

I got it working on another PC:

Shuttle XPC Barebone SN21G5

AMD 3800+ (Single-Core)

1GB RAM

GeForce 8600GT 256MB

nForce4

AC97 Audio

IDE Drive

S-ATA Blu-Ray-Drive

W-LAN PCI Card with RT2500 chip

I couldn't install it on a S-ATA-Drive, I guess my S-ATA-Controller just isn't fully supported, although I installed it from the Blu-Ray-Drive. Will this be fixed in rev2?

I got the 8600GT working with this driver: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78980

Ethernet seems not to work, but I didn't try to fix it so far, since W-LAN is working fine with the software from ralinktech.com.

Blu-Ray-Drive is working perfectly, I can even see the content of my Blu-Ray-Movie-Discs. This isn't possible on windows^^

Everything else is working totally fine, the only thing I still need now is something I can actually play my Blu-Ray-Movies with on Mac OS X :)

thx again for this great release :)

is there anybody can help me...?

i've got mac osx leopard 10.5.1 AMD SSE2 SSE3 (32Bit), and trying to install on my pc with spec

-AMD +3800 X2

-MB DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR EXPERT

-VGA GEFORCE 7800 GTX

-HDD WDC 200G SATA2

-HDD SEAGATE ATA

-DDR 2048G PC 3200

-DVD RW SONY

But i've some trouble with the installation, it say "The installer could not validate contents of the 'Java' package...

anybody can help me ...plz

Thx be4 n sorry my english not well

okey i installed but it wont boot problaably because i have a ati x1959xtx vid card..

So i have a question.... The only thing i see is a blinking underscore..

how do you put the driver in

Please help mike

It looks like a kernel panic...How put the driver in?. It is a very well explained "how to" and I invite you to take a look at this on the community.

Here's the thing:

I finally get to work Leopard, I installed nForce5 pkg. I'm about to install GeForce drivers for the videocard, but I dunno why keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected.

First I disabled for booting, then I re-enable when user were set up.

If someone can give me a hand onf this I'll apreciate, thanks

Hi all

i've read almost 50 pages and i couldn't find any solution to my problem...

First, my spec...

MSI K8N Neo3-f

Chipset nForce4-4X

Semprom 2800 (SSE2)

1GB RAM

200gb Western Digital SATA

60gb Western Digital IDE

GeForce 7300 GS

The problem that i have is with the installer, it never reach the graphic installer, it freezes in the start-up messages... :)

first i try starting from DVD with no options and reboots after showing this message

post-40664-1201130266_thumb.jpg

then, i start the DVD with -v -x options and gives me this before it reboots itself...

post-40664-1201130379_thumb.jpg

also i have to add that I burn the dvd in 4x and that this 2 test i tried with the SATA and IDE disk

I saw that some people have had this problem, but i couldn't find how they solve this...

if anybody can give some help, i would appreciate very much

Thanks in advance and keep the good work

Your spec?.

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50

15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display

1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm

80GB Hard Drive

8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

ATI RADEON Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory

Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g

Hi all

i've read almost 50 pages and i couldn't find any solution to my problem...

First, my spec...

MSI K8N Neo3-f

Chipset nForce4-4X

Semprom 2800 (SSE2)

1GB RAM

200gb Western Digital SATA

60gb Western Digital IDE

GeForce 7300 GS

The problem that i have is with the installer, it never reach the graphic installer, it freezes in the start-up messages... ;)

first i try starting from DVD with no options and reboots after showing this message

post-40664-1201130266_thumb.jpg

then, i start the DVD with -v -x options and gives me this before it reboots itself...

post-40664-1201130379_thumb.jpg

also i have to add that I burn the dvd in 4x and that this 2 test i tried with the SATA and IDE disk

I saw that some people have had this problem, but i couldn't find how they solve this...

if anybody can give some help, i would appreciate very much

Thanks in advance and keep the good work

lol you searched 50 pages with you eyes closed :) rev 1 doesn't support sse2, you must inject it your self.... theres a guide somewhere in this topic

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50

15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display

1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm

80GB Hard Drive

8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

ATI RADEON Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory

Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g

I think that it could work fine...A possible problem could be your video card. Search if it is supported now and try!. Good luck! :D

just wondering if anyone kno if it will work with my system

amd athlon 64 x2 dual-core 3800+ socket am2 (supports sse2,3 etc)

mother board: asus m2n-e if you need details tell me

graphics : nvidia 8500gt

mem : G Skill 1g x2 DDR2 800 SDRAM(PC2 6400)

2 300gig seagate hdds

linksys wireless g SB

samsuns 22" wide