10.5.1 is out, finally.

Korrupted

66 posts in this topic

if u inspect 10.5.1 update with Pacifist, u'll find they update drivers for ATI/NVIDIA and GMA950. And its known that some ATI cards are broken with this update, just restore the old kexts from 10.5.0. nvidia should have no problem, at least for my 7900GT.

I would love to update but I really don't want to risk it. It took me long enough to get my HP-intosh working the way i wanted I don't want to go screwing it up and not being able to get it back. Running Leopard feels like a breath of fresh air compared to my XP machine that runs slow, with a 2.4 gig proc and 1.5 gigs of ram, it shouldn't run slow! Go Leopard!

Well I have updated to 10.5.1 using software update. All appeared to go well except for the screen res which is stuck at 1024 x 768. I have replaced all of the gma950 kexts but I am still stuck with same resolution.

AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext was updated as well, make sure you try the old version.

Update went fine for me, didn't have to fix a single kext. :D

10.5.1.jpg

I am running Leopard with the pc-efi hack. When I saw that there was a new update for Leopard--already (shades of redmond), I read a few of the posts, threw caution to the wind and run the update. I find that my system runs fine. As happened to a few other people, I did loose QE. I am running ATI x1600 256mb pci-e card. So after the update, I opened up my ATIRadeonX1000 kext, looked at my info.kext files and sure enough, Apple rewrote it meaning I simply had to re-enter my device id, fix permissions and reload the kext. Now my graphic card is working wonderful again.

I am running Leopard with the pc-efi hack. When I saw that there was a new update for Leopard--already (shades of redmond), I read a few of the posts, threw caution to the wind and run the update. I find that my system runs fine. As happened to a few other people, I did loose QE. I am running ATI x1600 256mb pci-e card. So after the update, I opened up my ATIRadeonX1000 kext, looked at my info.kext files and sure enough, Apple rewrote it meaning I simply had to re-enter my device id, fix permissions and reload the kext. Now my graphic card is working wonderful again.

Sabr should be happy now

Radeon HD users, use old good atindrv.kext and 2600 pro users -  atiradeonX2000.kext from pkg fot 2600 pro

is there gonna be an update like good ol' hackintosh style? you know, like a koolkal 10.5.1 update dvd or somthing like that?...i would love to atempt the efi install but, i got a pent. d dual core and my womans gonna throw me out if i get another ups delivery/comp.part(c2d chip)and from what i,m reading ya need c2d....does anyone know the downside of using non c2d with the efi install?... maybe i can sell my osx86 rig and build a new one (and i would have to live in it) ..... i require guidence

From System Profiler..

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model:	GMA 950
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	64 MB of shared system memory
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x27a2
 Revision ID:	0x0003
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1280 x 800