ATI Mobility X600 SE driver for Leopard

Super132

19 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is there any drivers for ATI Mobility X600 SE? I have searched the whole forum and tried the method with different ATI cards model but still cannot enable QE/CI and cannot change resolution. Did I miss something? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the game but I'm searching a driver for the ATI Radeon 600Pro.

Resolution Change worked for me though editing the Boot plist!

I also tried some other methods I found here including exchanging the Vendor ID ... sadly nothing worked so far!

Any help on this one would be appreciated!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• 2 weeks later...
try to search into the forum pavillion graphic extension it is written for 10.4.8 but worked perfect for me in leo.

i've got a 1400x900 with core image, i'm working on quartz extreme

Hi there,

I have a ZD8000 using the X600 mobility kext from Natit. There is a lot of mouse tearing, do you get mouse tearing in Leopard?

Many thanks in advance for any info,

Miro30

• 2 weeks later...

I have TOH Leopard RC2 installed on my ZD8000. I upgraded a JAS 10.4.8 install and all I had to edit was the graphics. WIFI works right from the install. Perfectly too, airport used to crash alot on Tiger.

The only problem I have is no Quartz Extreme or hardware acceleration for Core Image.

Anybody have any luck with this yet? I'm using Callisto kexts from Tiger at the moment. No mouse tearing but no QE or CI....... this is bad as my Cinergy tv usb device is struggling and also iwork and Toast won't open without QE.

Please help!!

Thanks In advance,

Chris.

The ATIRadeon9700GA extension is power pc only in Leopard after build 9a321. Mixing drivers has been tried with no success. The only possible way right now is to download 9a321 and use pacifist (there is no patched DVD) to install it, however at this point it is doubtful that these cards will ever work with later versions. I am in the middle of installing 9a321, currently without success.

You can run Tiger with ATI x600 graphics card on an AMD computer. Get the Jas 10.4.6 disc . During the install,when you get to the part where you choose which drivers,patches,etc to install, do this:

Do not install the 10.4.6 update.

install only the three patches(or whatever they are) that have AMD in the name.

You should end up having a fully functioning 10.4.4 system with QE enabled.

Still looking for the X600 for 10.5, on the HP NC8230 it shows

unknown Mobile Card!

bus = PCIe

Lane width = x16

vram = 128

Device id = 0x3150

I tried the natit Mobility package but didn't make any difference, do I need to add the graphics command in the F8 line, what is that command syntax ?

• 3 weeks later...

any news on ci/qe for leopard?

I only got Software CI.

Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) (PCIE):

Chipset Model:	Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) (PCIE)
  Type:	Display
  Bus:	PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	128 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x3150
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  Displays:
Color LCD:
  Resolution:	1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
  Depth:	32-bit Color
  Core Image:	Software
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

No. Repeat, the drivers in Leopard RTM and later are PPC ONLY! This isn't going to change, unless a (very unlikely) future update happens to include new versions of the drivers with the i386 binary left in-tact. You will get res switching with Calliso, but no QE/CI. You'll have to stick to Tiger for now if you want QE/CI. I haven't heard of anybody actually getting the universal kexts from older Leo betas working.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone explain using Callisto with Leopard, I need res change for exactly the same card. QE/CI will come after that but if someone can let us know how to implement callisto in leopard, i dont think its the same as tiger.

Hi flashGX did you get any hint about it?

Tanx

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I got the ability to change resolution (On Leo) by using the Callisto (005), link:

http://omni.110mb.com/callisto/

Sadly I can't get QE/CI to work.

Hi! I'm trying to install this drivers on the notebook in signature, but I suspect that the sudo command is not functioning properly, when I hit "enter" at the password prompt, it happends nothing.

To make a Try I typed only "su" at prompt and when I hit "Enter" (password is blank, or???) I receive the message "su:Sorry"

Is the password not blank?

In the console I see the message "Failed to authenticate user Cristian (wich is mine and not the root)

I'm confused...

• 6 months later...

yeah i am installing ideneb 10.5.8 on my sister's HP nc8230 for her and i install the calisto kext's and the i cannot boot

it's a bad situation i have been trying to give it back to her but it's not functional i NEED HELP

waa