[Guide] ATI x1x00 Video Cards on Leopard; QE/CI Enabled

MacMan2007

152 posts in this topic

boot to single user mode (boot option -s) and edit (or better delete) the kexts I provided in the uphuck's guide and reboot... that should do...

please reply in uphuck forum else I get mad to follow one threat on two forums :)

kd rgds, xi

I have a Sapphire X1800XT 512MB PCI-Ex (0x7100).

I followed the steps in the first post:

the system boots fine, I can see ATI Inject loaded in the log, the desktop starts in dual screen (actually I have a plasma on secondary input) with 800x600 resolution.

Hovewer, clicking finder freezes the system (desktop is not active and I can only move the mouse and click nothing).

I tried to detach the secondary display but with same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thanks.

I have a Thinkpad T60p (FireGL2 5200/X1600 Mobility) and did the following to get QE/CI FULLY working (video was hardware accelerated before by just adding 0x71c4 to the Info.plist in ATIRadeonX1000.kext, but apparently that is not enough for display changing or VMWare Fusion to work even though all effects were working):

1.) Added 0x71c4 to Info.plist in 10.5.1 ATIRadeonX1000.kext

2.) Added EDID to Info.plist (not Info2.plist) in ATIinject.kext

3.) Repair permissions, reboot, weee it works!

More details in these threads:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=598228

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...6812&st=360

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=69345&st=0

I have a Sapphire X1800XT 512MB PCI-Ex (0x7100).

I followed the steps in the first post:

the system boots fine, I can see ATI Inject loaded in the log, the desktop starts in dual screen (actually I have a plasma on secondary input) with 800x600 resolution.

Hovewer, clicking finder freezes the system (desktop is not active and I can only move the mouse and click nothing).

I tried to detach the secondary display but with same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thanks.

Sounds like the same problem I had. I fixed it for me by replacing the atindrv.kext with the on from 10.4.5 which already helped two other people... i can send you the file if you want?

Sounds like the same problem I had. I fixed it for me by replacing the atindrv.kext with the on from 10.4.5 which already helped two other people... i can send you the file if you want?

Hi and thanks...

If you could send it, that would really help...

Meanwhile I'll check if I missed some steps.

Thanks.

i have sapphire x1600 pro 512mb pcie 71c2

i used kalyway 10.5.1 installer and QE/CI work right out of box.my problem is just resolution change..i tried the method mentioned here right to the dot but to no avail.when i used the methods mentioned by macman (atiinject or atindrv) all i got is a screen with artifacts, mouse cursor and it stays there..using -v on booting i saw the atiinject get loaded but keep on getting display matching fails..any ideas?

Same here with iAtkos, QE/CI out of the box with no ATi drv since that only made my screen go blank. ATi inject and all didn't do anything, resolution stuck at 1024x768 while I should have 1280x800. Tried with kernel flags, won't work. Tried editing bootlist also no go. Only gives weird errors or boots with 1024 x.x

Ok, i'm running 10.5.0 (DL'ing Kalyways right now) but I am having the same problem in Leopard that I had in Tiger. I did the ATIInject, and the Hexing of ATI1x00.kext or something like that lol. My problem is that when I play WoW or anything else that goes full screen I lose my mouse pointer, and only a reboot will regain it. I don't quite know how to fix that. Also I get some minor cubing as well.

This guide worked flawless with my config. Thanks to the original poster and all others who have tried.

My config:

Intel Quad Core 6600 @ 2.4 w/ Zalman 9700NT CPU fan

8G Corsair 4x2G 6400 DDR2 memory

Asus P5K-E mainboard latest bios /Sound/Sata/IDE/Lan all working

ATI Radeon X1800XT 512M DDR3 QE/CI online working, all res working

Currently running 50+ Torrents, iTunes playback, VLC video playback and playing Halo

Running Crossbar w/ Office 2003, Parallel w/ windows Vista Home Premimum. without slow down!!

oh all in a {censored} case with 1000 watts PSU

Hi Lintendo,

I have a X1800XT 256 meg Saphire card, and when I install Leopard 10.5.0, I get mouse tearing and and no QE/CI.

Can you send me the video kext that is working for you?

Many thanks,

Miro

ok, using iATKOS installer w/ Leopard 10.5.1, I can't seem to get my X1600 512MB (device ID: 71c2) working correctly at all...no resolution/qe/ci nothin. When I go to hex edit ATIRadeon1000.kext, during the second part where there should be 6 instances, I only get 1 instance...other than that, I do everything else the same, I get nada. Any help?

Guide worked also on new ATIRadeon1000.kext&ATINDrive that came with LeopardGrapicsupdate for 10.5.2

on my X1600! :blush:

Had a great boost in performance for qe/ci on XBench, about 1000 Points...

regards,

What kind of x1600 you have?

I've got a mobility x1600 71c5 1002, device ID was already in the new ATIRadeon1000.kext and I couldn't find anything in the ATINDrive that I should change, or am I missing something here?

10.5.2 patched kernel and all is running well nonetheless, only still stuck on 1024x768.. QE/CI still works too.

I've got a mobility x1600 71c5 1002, device ID was already in the new ATIRadeon1000.kext and I couldn't find anything in the ATINDrive that I should change, or am I missing something here?

10.5.2 patched kernel and all is running well nonetheless, only still stuck on 1024x768.. QE/CI still works too.

The ATINDrive.kext seems to be responsible for resolution change afaik, you have to change to instances, see top of the

post again, in the Ati.Wormy part.....

regards,

DrDeelay.

P.S., thats it:

CODE

sudo -s

type in your password

cd /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Wormy.kext/Contents/

nano info.plist

3. Search for

CODE

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>ATY,Wormy</string>

and replace it like so:

CODE

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>display</string>

4. Search for

CODE

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IONDRVDevice</string>

and replace it like so:

CODE

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

5. Hit: Control x

6. Hit: y

7. Hit: enter

8. Then reboot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

try ATINDRV from 10.4.5.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77685

Regards,

Mariusz.

Thanks so much for your replies ;)

@ DrDeelay : I just tried that, and after rebooting I get a blank screen. The laptop's LCD won't go on, system will still start up because I can hear the sounds and shutdown with the power button + enter.

@ Mariusz : I've tried that approach before installing 10.5.2 and all that, but it gave me a blank screen eventually too. However when I remote to my laptop it still shows up and I can change resolutions. Only the LCD will stay dead..

Thanks so much for your replies ;)

@ DrDeelay : I just tried that, and after rebooting I get a blank screen. The laptop's LCD won't go on, system will still start up because I can hear the sounds and shutdown with the power button + enter.

@ Mariusz : I've tried that approach before installing 10.5.2 and all that, but it gave me a blank screen eventually too. However when I remote to my laptop it still shows up and I can change resolutions. Only the LCD will stay dead..

Maybe your EDID in Natit/Titan is wrong?

p.s.

I got blank screen when i was using ATINDRV other than one from 10.4.5.

Regards,

Mariusz