[Guide] ATI x1x00 Video Cards on Leopard; QE/CI Enabled

MacMan2007

152 posts in this topic

Blah, I just woke up and I still can't believe my eyes :(

I tried it again, ripped the EDID with Phoenix.exe. Property editor thingy, blah blah all replaced and rebooted. Meanwhile went to the bathroom and got back upstairs and everythings sooo crispy and small! So everything works correctly now, yay! <3 I only wonder what I did wrong last time, but ah well.

No artifacts even, so I can turn off MouseLocater finally too xD Still gotta try some OpenGL thingy to see if it still tears. But movies/series are still working properly full screen, my biggest concern for a sec lol..

Really, again. I can't thank you enough for making me try again =D!

Blah, I just woke up and I still can't believe my eyes :)

I tried it again, ripped the EDID with Phoenix.exe. Property editor thingy, blah blah all replaced and rebooted. Meanwhile went to the bathroom and got back upstairs and everythings sooo crispy and small! So everything works correctly now, yay! <3 I only wonder what I did wrong last time, but ah well.

No artifacts even, so I can turn off MouseLocater finally too xD Still gotta try some OpenGL thingy to see if it still tears. But movies/series are still working properly full screen, my biggest concern for a sec lol..

Really, again. I can't thank you enough for making me try again =D!

But remeber, sometimes it may happen that after booting into graphics mode screen may hang (or it shows some rubbish) and then you have to reset your PC. It can happen more than one time, so sometimes I clear kextcache booting into '-s' mode and reboot.

No solution for this issue so far.

Regards,

Mariusz.

You saved me a scare there xD Before I booted up my laptop I read the message and got the striped screen. Simple reboot worked yes, another reboot later I got the garbage screen. But as you mentioned simple reboot and it's okay again. I don't mind it much, I'm happy enough I've got 1280x800. And Leopard boots much, much faster than Windows so I won't even notice lol. I still hope a fix will be found someday.

Thanks for the tip anyways, still gotta try a FS OpenGL app to see if it still tears lol.

I think its a common bug for us with x1600 (maybe x1x00) ati cards.

I've noticed something strange, I've tried to launch full screen opengl game and screen went black, I can only hear music from game.

Do you face the same when running full screen gl apps/games?

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi, all, can anybody help with ATI X1300, I got Q/E enabled, but I could not change resolution, got mouse tearing and my display glitches some times. What is the best solution to deal with it?

P.S. I got iATKOS installation.

I think its a common bug for us with x1600 (maybe x1x00) ati cards.

I've noticed something strange, I've tried to launch full screen opengl game and screen went black, I can only hear music from game.

Do you face the same when running full screen gl apps/games?

Regards,

Mariusz.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I've tried Tombraider Legend from the Apple site, the demo. I think it does 'Detects Display' or something, cause when I close the game with alt-Q I get a blue screen, when I VNC to my laptop it shows the desktop normally. After a reboot it's still okay though. But the blue screen is something I noticed a while back when trying out the external monitor / TV stuff, so I figured something like that.

Some random Tank game still worked perfectly though. Haven't tried iPhoto's full screen slideshow either since I don't use it. But I did in the past and it made tears too.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I've tried Tombraider Legend from the Apple site, the demo. I think it does 'Detects Display' or something, cause when I close the game with alt-Q I get a blue screen, when I VNC to my laptop it shows the desktop normally. After a reboot it's still okay though. But the blue screen is something I noticed a while back when trying out the external monitor / TV stuff, so I figured something like that.

Some random Tank game still worked perfectly though. Haven't tried iPhoto's full screen slideshow either since I don't use it. But I did in the past and it made tears too.

all I can say, bloody god damned ATI x1600 mobile chip ....

I lost my hope it will ever work 100% correctly, there is always something wrong.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Yeah same here, I lost hope before I got 1280x800 lol. But I'm happy that it at least works this far.

I've had the same pain with this in Linux, drivers are hell. It's a miracle Compiz Fusion works now, but I love OSX more nonetheless =p

Yeah same here, I lost hope before I got 1280x800 lol. But I'm happy that it at least works this far.

I've had the same pain with this in Linux, drivers are hell. It's a miracle Compiz Fusion works now, but I love OSX more nonetheless =p

Ok, I've found something and looks like it works now in full screen.

Try to use IONDRVSupport.kext from this archive http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=7310 (forum http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t&p=276293)

Please report and good luck!!

I've just tried it and after rebooting the Apple loading screen keeps loading, and loading and loading till like forever. Booting in -v showed the login.app to be started but nothing on screen. -x won't work either. Tried to replace the kext back into place via -s but won't do much either, so now I'm just reinstalling lol.

Anything I did wrong maybe? Just dragged the thingy over and removed the Extensions.mkext.

I've just tried it and after rebooting the Apple loading screen keeps loading, and loading and loading till like forever. Booting in -v showed the login.app to be started but nothing on screen. -x won't work either. Tried to replace the kext back into place via -s but won't do much either, so now I'm just reinstalling lol.

Anything I did wrong maybe? Just dragged the thingy over and removed the Extensions.mkext.

Thats really strange. I cant tell you what could went wrong.

Cab you remeber what was the message when you were trying to boot in single user mode (-s)?

Regards,

Mariusz.

just wanted to say failure on x1800gto

stops at blue screen everytime, (which sounds like a bad thing but it is kinda good since i've never been able to get this consistency with any other method

if there is a solution HELP@

Hi,

you have desktop PC so I suggest you to check other threads cause mobility (laptop ones) chips are pain in the ass.

Try look in this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=238290 and ask or PM 'macintox' as it seems he have working one with all features (QE/CI, res change).

This thread can help too: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=1800gto.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi,

you have desktop PC so I suggest you to check other threads cause mobility (laptop ones) chips are pain in the ass.

Try look in this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=238290 and ask or PM 'macintox' as it seems he have working one with all features (QE/CI, res change).

This thread can help too: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=1800gto.

Regards,

Mariusz.

yea i already tried those. they were inconsistent in the sense that sometimes i would get a beautiful desktop working 100% and other times it wouldnt boot to anything more than a few seconds of alternating black and white lines or a black screen. thanks alot anyways

Thats really strange. I cant tell you what could went wrong.

Cab you remeber what was the message when you were trying to boot in single user mode (-s)?

Regards,

Mariusz.

That's okay :thumbsup_anim: It at least made me think of making a backup when I got my install running perfectly again lol =p

Can't remember any clear error messages or anything out of the ordinary.. so I wouldn't know either. When I get a proper backup maybe I'll try again. Thanks anyway :shock:

well i got about as close i have so far to making it work. i used an old atindrv and the new other kexts. i have all resolutions now. and qe/cl but the glitchiest screen ever!!! so glitchy that all menus are just black so i can't even read them.

one day i will have a working system... one day! lol

well i got about as close i have so far to making it work. i used an old atindrv and the new other kexts. i have all resolutions now. and qe/cl but the glitchiest screen ever!!! so glitchy that all menus are just black so i can't even read them.

one day i will have a working system... one day! lol

I have the same problem as you. QE/CI Enabled but all menu's are black. I didn't use the old ATINDRV but the new one. The strange thing is this method worked perfectly with 10.5.1 version but after update to 10.5.2 i get black menus although I hexed atiradeonx1000.kext again.

Does anaybody know how to solve this problem?

Cheers

I have the same problem as you. QE/CI Enabled but all menu's are black. I didn't use the old ATINDRV but the new one. The strange thing is this method worked perfectly with 10.5.1 version but after update to 10.5.2 i get black menus although I hexed atiradeonx1000.kext again.

Does anaybody know how to solve this problem?

Cheers

not that i can help you. but u should mention ur card as well is the dev/ven id's

Hey guys, first post around here.

I am a newbie with osx86, i have been trying to install it the last couple of days on a Asus A6ja Laptop (Ati Mobility Radeon x1600 256MB). Everything works great with both iAtkos and Kalyway distributions except the vga. I was stuck with the 1024x768 resolution. I have tried many things with no success.

Following the method described at the beggining of this post, i managed to boot to osx but the monitor remains black. It's like brightness is turned to zero, i tried throwing some light directly to the monitor and everything is working ok (except from the brightness thing). What i mean is that my system boots ok, resolution is set to 1280x800 but brightness is 0 and the screen remains (almost) black.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a PCI-E X1600Pro (0x71c2) and I've got the same problems as the AGP users.

I can get resolution switching but no CI/QE but when I edit my ATIRadeonx1000 binary It hangs at the blue screen. Mouse cursor doesn't show and Shift+Ctrl+Eject doesn't do anything...

I also tried to use an old Natit kext but without any results what so ever.

The card worked great in Tiger (that's why I bought it...)

Any suggestions?

I'm using Zaphyroth 10.5.2 rev.2

Gigabyte Radeon X1600Pro 256 PCI-E Silentpipe II

Looks like no one's been on here in awhile. My only question, has anyone with this card family gotten QE/CI Enabled using DVI? I was waiting to see if anyone's gotten the DVI to work before trying the methods posted here.

I've reinstalled so many times, just looking at the screen in 1024x768 res is ok for now, but I'd like to obviously get the graphics up to par.

dashaund? MacMan 2007? deceiv?

my specific card is sapphire x1650 pro pcie (0x71c7.. 1002)

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like no one's been on here in awhile. My only question, has anyone with this card family gotten QE/CI Enabled using DVI? I was waiting to see if anyone's gotten the DVI to work before trying the methods posted here.

I've reinstalled so many times, just looking at the screen in 1024x768 res is ok for now, but I'd like to obviously get the graphics up to par.

dashaund? MacMan 2007? deceiv?

my specific card is sapphire x1650 pro pcie (0x71c7.. 1002)

yep, got everything with DVI, however I am not able to get dual monitor setup. only one of my DVI is functioning under 10.5.1

I gave up on it. Can't use it with only one monitor working and the other one just sitting there dead right next to it and I keep trying to move windows over there :) . Back to Windows on my desktop at least.

I struggled with it for a while

Anyone ever figure out how to get ati x1300 working? Can't get my resolution to change. I've tried pretty much everything i've found on this forum to no avail. Just gave me artifacts. Wanted to try Diabolik's package but the link is down.

Dell e1505

Intel Core Duo 1.8

ATI Radeon x1300

iAtKOS v1.0i Rev.2