GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2 with Leopard

jackyyuen

174 posts in this topic

hi, i have 2 of this board. they are working great. on board video, sound, nic & sata are working. installation is painless. sleep & wake up is also working with both tiger & leopard under vanilla kernel. though, some grafix artifacts on onboard gma950 under leopard.

shutdown is working ok but i have problem with restart. it just stops/hangs on the spinning "wheel". does anyone has the same problem or has already fixed this?

thank you in advanced. :)

Glad to see everyone's having success with this motherboard. I installed 10.4.8 on it, then upgraded to 10.4.10. Tonight, I tried BrazilMac's leopard method... I think everything went fine, although I can't get it to boot--not even with the DVD. I've read at least three different guides, and still no luck.

This has to be one of my most frustrating X86 experiences. Many of the guides contain mistakes and typos in key areas... Grrr... I'll keep trying.

Someone mentioned that there's a file kicking around somewhere that makes leopard bootable? Anyone?

Hi Guys! I'm using this mobo with PC_EFI V7.2 installed, detected as MAC PRO. Everything works fine, you can even update the system to 10.5.1 using software update if you have EFI installed. (tried from version 3, 5, 6 and 7). For the obessive guys like me, I'm including the AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext I've made with taruga patch and Linux codec dump. It works 100%, I'm using analog ouput and digital too (with adaptor), all the inputs work!. Just delete AppleAzalia and drop this two files in your /System/Library/Extensions/ and repair permissions as usual, remove Extensions.kext, reboot and enjoy 100% audio functionality.

Good Luck!

Cabegol

945GCMX_Sound.zip

i have GA-945GCMX-S2 but my problem is that my SATA hardisk is recognized as usb driver (Flash media) and it's not posibil to install osx 10.4.10...what i have to put in bios to make my sata hardisk recognized ? thanks.I boot from pata dvd

I'm so jealous of you guys. I tried like hell to get the install to boot. Ultimately, I attempted so many different versions I started confusing myself. I'm stuck on Tiger until some of this stuff gets sorted out. Maybe a single method will emerge from the rubble...

QUESTION FOR CABEGOL: You kexts should work with a Tiger install too, right?

Thanks...

Iji oh: yes, it works with Tiger, tested myself.

Scrizz: I don't know, I've attached a bracket (optional), to the mainboard SPDIF header and my decoder is doing the job of

making it sound in dolby when available. I can try and post.

Good Luck!

Anyone know a similar board (core 2 and gma950) which supports more than 2GB? I read this one is max 2GB.

I just built my system with this board, I tried install 3G RAM and works normally, both Leopard and WinXP.

But the sleep and wake function is not work, I installed ToH RC2.

I still looking for the best sound solution under 10.5

Sorry for my pool english.

Has anyone here had trouble with OSx recognizing their SATA drives? For the life of me I cannot get Diskutil to list my hard drive when trying to install leopard. People have said it could be a bios issue, but I cant find any SATA options in the bios besides "Auto, Enhanced, Combined, and UnCombined".

Please help

Hi Guys! I'm using this mobo with PC_EFI V7.2 installed, detected as MAC PRO. Everything works fine, you can even update the system to 10.5.1 using software update if you have EFI installed. (tried from version 3, 5, 6 and 7). For the obessive guys like me, I'm including the AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext I've made with taruga patch and Linux codec dump. It works 100%, I'm using analog ouput and digital too (with adaptor), all the inputs work!. Just delete AppleAzalia and drop this two files in your /System/Library/Extensions/ and repair permissions as usual, remove Extensions.kext, reboot and enjoy 100% audio functionality.

Good Luck!

Cabegol

cabegol,

I install these two kext, but I can only get digital output and internal speaker output.

But actually there is no internal speaker with this board.

Can you help me how to get the external speaker work ?

thanks

Actually, a lot of these questions could be answered if we knew what the optimal bios settings are for this board and OS X.

For those of you who have this board up and running in either Tiger or Leopard, can you tell us how you set up the bios.

I orginally left my bios set to the factory settings, and everything ran fine in Tiger. Yesterday, I disabled two things in the bios (C1E and EIST)--but there's been no noticeable performance change.

(ONE THING: All along, I've had a nagging problem wherein I have to reset the LAN every time I turn on the computer--in order to have the router recognize my machine. Still working on that--and looking for pointers.)

Thanks all.

im using sata ports 1 and 2, and in bios it is set to [Auto].

I disabled C1E, EIST

I enabled TM2, Nx no execute...

I don't have a floppy drive

I have a cd burner, and a dvd burner

I have a belkin F5D7000 wireless card

I have a belkin Firewire card

I am using onboard video atm

hope it helps

Will this board work with 4 gigs of ram? 2 2 gig sims? Can it use it all? I know what is said online.. but some people and websites have said 4 gigs work

Will this board work with 4 gigs of ram? 2 2 gig sims? Can it use it all? I know what is said online.. but some people and websites have said 4 gigs work

Hmmm.. After reading the threads here.. I stuck my 2x2gigs into my board..

Gues what? It works.... currently running IATKOS with 4gig on ram

2x2gig DDR2-800 Apacer.. I planned to put it into another system... but after reading a post about someone using 1+2 gig.. I thought.. I'd give it a shot...... detects 3.3gig at boot up and 4.0 in OSX..Leopard.. I was very surprised... Went to buy some more.. All sold out of course...

This is one versatile board. motherboard...... if only the PCI locks worked and FSB1333 actually worked stabilty...

Does sleep or reboot work on your machine? or are they stuffed on yours as welll... SHut down works perfrectly...

I have this board as well and used it on my perfect install guide And it has had great success with the new kalyway installer.

Sleep and Restart work perfectly with the AppleACPI and IONetworking kext fixes, pm me and i'll link them over to you, you can also get them from the topic in channel #leopard on irc.

2x2gig DDR2-800 Apacer.. I planned to put it into another system... but after reading a post about someone using 1+2 gig.. I thought.. I'd give it a shot...... detects 3.3gig at boot up and 4.0 in OSX..Leopard.. I was very surprised... Went to buy some more.. All sold out of course...

This is one versatile board. motherboard...... if only the PCI locks worked and FSB1333 actually worked stabilty...

Does sleep or reboot work on your machine? or are they stuffed on yours as welll... SHut down works perfrectly...

I have this board as well and used it on my perfect install guide And it has had great success with the new kalyway installer.

Sleep and Restart work perfectly with the AppleACPI and IONetworking kext fixes, pm me and i'll link them over to you, you can also get them from the topic in channel #leopard on irc.

Hi Onetrack,

I have the same mobo as your system. I installed ToH Leopard, but the Sleep and Restart doesn't work.

Can you send me your fixed AppleACPI and IONetworking kext file?

Thanks.

Hey all, I have a Seagate 320g SATA300 Drive that I just picked up. But I cannot get OS X Leopard or Tiger to see this dang thing!!!! I tried to install a patch from biker880 but just got the grey screen of death on boot.

Ideas?? Thanks.

MB= GA-845GSMX-S2

Proc= 3.2 Celeron D running at 4 Ghz