GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2 with Leopard

jackyyuen

174 posts in this topic

hey guys. I've this setup as well. Everything works great. Installed JaS 10.4.8, then upgraded to ToH 10.5.1. All I need to patch is audio (works great now)

Question is, whenever I put it to sleep, only the monitor seem to "sleep", the HDD, CPU, and others are still running. Anyway we could patch it up so it would work like Mac?

karishbhr: could you _please_ edit that monster of a log out and add it as a file or upload the file somewhere and link to it? this totally gets on one's nerves when trying to read the page. :/ also, you seem to have posted this in a few threads already. :/

hey guys. I've this setup as well. Everything works great. Installed JaS 10.4.8, then upgraded to ToH 10.5.1. All I need to patch is audio (works great now)

Question is, whenever I put it to sleep, only the monitor seem to "sleep", the HDD, CPU, and others are still running. Anyway we could patch it up so it would work like Mac?

I am looking for the same thing

Yea. I got it to sleep properly now, but when I wake up my graphics card's fan goes really fast and loud and the graphics are all artifacted. Any ideas?

We have the same card, the 7900GS 256MB. I don't have any graphical errors at all. Are you using the latest NVinject v0.2.1?

-Stell

i have a e6550 in my girl's rig and the system profiler says it is a 1.8 ghz and everytime i try to set it to 1333 in the bios, it just doesn't stick!?....... i'd be happy with 2.2 or whatever..... how can i overclock this thing past 2.0 ?

Steady:

I had the same issue with the e6550. I set the fsb to 320 in the bios (which puts it to 1280 instead of 1333) for a overall CPU speed of 2.24 GHz.

Most people with this board say 320 works fine for them. It sucks not being able to run this chip at stock (or over), though. Especially since I could've spent less money and overclocked a cheaper chip way further... Live and learn, I guess.

Yea. I got it to sleep properly now, but when I wake up my graphics card's fan goes really fast and loud and the graphics are all artifacted. Any ideas?

How do you get it to sleep properly? Enabled SS3 in BIOS? Whereabout is that setting? Thanks.

ok this is a weird one...

yesterday my hackintosh was ok.

this morning, when I load it up, it stops loading at that "PCI devices.." screen (the black screen when computer first boot up, displays HDD, etc).

I waited for awhile, but my OSX won't boot up.

so i thought it's because I deleted my windows partition last night. I thought this might be a good chance to rearrange my partition, so I did. From 3 partition shrunk to 2 partition, both HFS format. Installed Leo ToH 10.5.1, but again, it stops at the same black screen. At some occasion, it shows "Kernel Panic" message.

Tried to re-do the whole process and installed JaS 10.4.8. Same thing. (getting very frustated here).

What could've gone wrong? could it be bad hardware? wrong BIOS setting?

My Spec:

Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz

Nvidia 7300 128Mb

160GB SATA

Samsung IDE DVD Writer

2GB DDR2

I knew this spec is fine because it was working fine til this morning. Help please :( getting frustated :(

ok.. major improvement by accident. turns out the only way to boot my OS X is this:

insert a OSX dvd (ToH 10.5.1 in this case), didn't press anything when it says "Press anything to install OS X..."... Darwin boot loader shows up.. and VOILA! My OS X is up and running.

what happened? screwed my boot loader? how do I fix this?

thank you

Have you managed to get the belkin F5D7000 working in 10.5.1? I've got one installed that works under windows but isn't even showing up in System Profiler on 10.5.1, am I missing something obvious?

im using sata ports 1 and 2, and in bios it is set to [Auto].

I disabled C1E, EIST

I enabled TM2, Nx no execute...

I don't have a floppy drive

I have a cd burner, and a dvd burner

I have a belkin F5D7000 wireless card

I have a belkin Firewire card

I am using onboard video atm

hope it helps

Hi i got Kalyway 10.5.1 with a Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2 board and a SATA Samsung SH-S203N DVD±RW drive..

All works great until the dvd drive, sometimes the os x recognize it sometimes not... i tried all sata ports all the same..

what is the problem ?

Thank you much

Hi everyone, does anyone got the gma950 fully working on widescreens with either 10.5.1 kexts or natit, no artifacts? Or can it be simply removed by using mousepose like in the old days for the old ati cards?

I just bought this board but have no power supply at the moment, i'm getting it tomorrow.

hi people,

i would like to know where to buy the spdif connector for this mobo cause in spain i cannot get it and there is a strange issue related to overclocking:

the thing is that i can overclock my E4500 untill 2.64 GHz with my sata drive. Above this the system does not recognize de hd. this not happens with the other ide drive.

thanks