GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2 with Leopard

jackyyuen

174 posts in this topic

Hyper X: i got what u said. so, though leopard is showing 4 gb ram available but actually its not using 4 gb. its actually using the amouh t of ram what is showed during POST.

so if i buy another board which is ranging 100 dollars it will be another 32 bit board and i wont be able to get whole 4gb usuable ram. rite??

so do u know which board uses 64 bit controller to get more than 4 gb usuable ram?? cheerz

Any board that is Santa Rosa or laster is 64 bit. So 965, 975, G33, P35, X45 Those are all good.

Watch what leopard does when you pass 3.3 gigs used ;P You will get a CRASH@!!!

Yes it should, make sure however that the board specifies that i support 4 or 8 gigs of ram. Then you will know for 100%

There may be someone who makes a board out there with a stupid bios or crappy parts ;P So it's always best to check.

hmmm, as i said, i can't even overclock my e2160 right now in bios, why should i be able to go from 266 to 300 after the hardware mod?

shouldn't i be able to do some overclocking just in the bios?

Because with these dinky matx mobos you can't enjoy full bios overclocking. The PCI isn't properly locked, you can only go so fast before it craps out.

By using the BSEL trick and making your chip a faster FSB you get it booting at the next higher interval without overclocking the system in BIOS which avoids speeding up your PCI as much and hence no crashy. Personally I'm running my 800mhz at 1066 FSB with the chip mod and pushed it to 320mhz in the BIOS. I could never reach 320 before with the slower chip FSB.

so if i buy a intel 965 chipset it will be able to detect whole 4gb ram rite?? :blink::D

Those 965 chipsets are great, but i suggest the ga-g33m-ds2r, you can use 8go of ram if you want, quad cores and 6 sata ports are recognized, full audio with digital and mic, line, front pannel, speaker.... see my sig

As for my sound on this board, still nothing? Do you thing i must upgrade my bios? i only get 2stereo out with azalia kext, but if i use alc888 package, i get no audio hardware... can anyone help or got the same issue?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have an GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2C, I tried to install Leo, but I can't get it working.

I followed here Steps by Steps, except for the Bios Settings.

I installed Leo on an MRB partition, and because it wasn't working i did it again on a GUID partition.

It installs well, I get the Install success sign. I rebooted on the DVD opened the Terminal and did the "make the partition bootable" thing.

But then when I reboot, it boots on the DVD and If i change the settings in the Bios to : Frist Boot: HardDrive, it stays stucked on the screen with all the specs of the PC.

Can Anyone help please.

Thank you

Stick an unzipped PC_EFI_V8 on a memory stick. Boot with you install disk. Goto utilities disk utility. Unmount the drive. Then Goto utilities Terminal. Goto your pen driver and follow the normal PC_EFI install instructions.

Stick an unzipped PC_EFI_V8 on a memory stick. Boot with you install disk. Goto utilities disk utility. Unmount the drive. Then Goto utilities Terminal. Goto your pen driver and follow the normal PC_EFI install instructions.

I made some reshearchs, but i'm not quite sure what the inscructions are, i'm new in the OSX 86.

Anyway, if you have a link to tell me what the instructions are , it would be good.

Bye

I downloaded the XxX10.4.11 version for my asus EEE. I tried to install it on my Tour as well, i have chosen the MRB partion and the MRB Vanilla kernel, i installed all the graphics drivers. When i boot, i get a counter that goes from 8 to 0 and then so writting. But the boot is stucked there.

What should I do? my Hard Drive is a sata drive.

Thx

hello guys!

my first post here, sorry for my bad english.

I have got this board also, Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C.

And my other specs are:

Processor: Pentium D 945 3.4ghz SSE2 and SSE3

3 hds, 2 of them SATA 160gb and 1 ATA 120gb

Nvidia geforce 8400 gt 256 pci-express

1gb of ram ddr2

im having problems installing the mac os leopard, i have tried iAtkos and Kalyway 10.5.1.

I have tried to install it over 20 times now, and im thinking that it is indeed my processor the one giving me headaches. On Kalyway os starts to boot, i see the apple and then i get kernel panic.

Can you guys help me? Is there something im doing wrong? Is there a better way to install this because of my Pentium D? Use ToH or Brazilmac?

Thank you!

hello guys!

my first post here, sorry for my bad english.

I have got this board also, Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C.

And my other specs are:

Processor: Pentium D 945 3.4ghz SSE2 and SSE3

3 hds, 2 of them SATA 160gb and 1 ATA 120gb

Nvidia geforce 8400 gt 256 pci-express

1gb of ram ddr2

im having problems installing the mac os leopard, i have tried iAtkos and Kalyway 10.5.1.

I have tried to install it over 20 times now, and im thinking that it is indeed my processor the one giving me headaches. On Kalyway os starts to boot, i see the apple and then i get kernel panic.

Can you guys help me? Is there something im doing wrong? Is there a better way to install this because of my Pentium D? Use ToH or Brazilmac?

Thank you!

I have the same board, I tried Brazil, but i couldn't get it working. I'm currently downloading the Kalyway 10.5.2.

Bye

BUILT A LOW COST BUILD THE PARTS I USED GA-945GCM(X)-S2 a intel celeron 1.8 chip 2 gigs of DDR2 667 egforce 8400 gs 1SATA DVD BURN DL 1 160 SEAGATE SATA HD LEO4ALL V3 ONLY THING I CHANGED WAS -V IN THE BOOTPLIST WITH TEXTMATE RECHARGED THE BABYHACMAC RIGHT BACKUP WITH APPLE LOGO AND SHE READY TO SET FREE INTO THE Wild Kingdom

everything is working perfectly i had the ATI HD2600 pro in it but i wasnt really happy with it..dont need the machine to comeback with any hickups. just read the motherboard specs in the manual and apple the right drivers pick the ich driver i GUID the HD then DID partition and named the HD with ONE word as i read in a post up here pick the newest nvidia and use the right amount of 256 megs as the card is and you should be fine...ilife08 works perfect after updates i dumped the extension restarted intot he dvd install and repaired the permissions. i would turn off sleep in your system prefs and activate the screensaver maunually quarts extreme should werk right out the box ... i kind of lowened the cpu with a celeron but i wanted to get rig of this machine real quick..depending what you install with a virgin sytem you should be able to get 600 easy in my opinion good luck with everyones build

Hello, I have an GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2C, I tried to install Leo, but I can't get it working.

I followed here Steps by Steps, except for the Bios Settings.

I installed Leo on an MRB partition, and because it wasn't working i did it again on a GUID partition.

It installs well, I get the Install success sign. I rebooted on the DVD opened the Terminal and did the "make the partition bootable" thing.

But then when I reboot, it boots on the DVD and If i change the settings in the Bios to : Frist Boot: HardDrive, it stays stucked on the screen with all the specs of the PC.

Can Anyone help please.

Thank you

Man, if you gonna be jumpy like that without giving anyone any specifications of your machine, then you are not going to get any help because no one can help you. With what you described in previous posts, all I can say is sound good, keep going. Be specific, if you can, at least. Otherwise, buy a Mac because no one understands what you are doing and cannot help. If you really want to install Mac OS X, read this first: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11517

Man, if you gonna be jumpy like that without giving anyone any specifications of your machine, then you are not going to get any help because no one can help you. With what you described in previous posts, all I can say is sound good, keep going. Be specific, if you can, at least. Otherwise, buy a Mac because no one understands what you are doing and cannot help. If you really want to install Mac OS X, read this first: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11517

Sorry if you thought I was jumpy i didn't mean to. I just bought this computer just to build a hack, and i can't get it working.

Lets start again, my specs are :

-GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX-S2C motherboard

- Intel E2160

-1 Go of ram

-250 sata hard drive

-DVD burner IDE

I tried installing it on my PC, but i couldn't get it working, I wouldn't mind trying again with the Brazil way if any of you told me how to install PC_EFI_v8 from the DVD terminal.

I also downloaded the XXXX10.4.11 for my asus EEE, I tried to install it on this setup but when I boot, I get a message

hi man tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enable
64 bit mode enable
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap:249970 free pages
nig_table_max_displ=71
Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes
ACPI CA 20060421

But this is with the Tiger install and it should go to the Tiger section, so i won't bother you with that.

I'm just wondering if i is compatible with 10.4.11.

Anyways I still have my Brazil DVD and I can try again when ever you can help me.

I will do an install right now on an other partition, i will follow here again.

Hope fully i'll find the way of installing the PC_EFI_v8 as Hyper X told me to.

I hope i've been specific enough otherwise tell me.

Thank you guys.

PS: I seted my bios as says Scrizz

im using sata ports 1 and in bios it is set to [Auto].
I disabled C1E, EIST
I enabled TM2, Nx no execute...
I don't have a floppy drive
I am using onboard video atm

I installed OS 10.5 from my Brazil dvd again, I made the partition bootable.

When I boot, i get stucked just after the bios check. I downloaded the PC_EFI_V8, i put it on my USB drive booted up on the DVD,when to the terminal.

Here is the deal,

I tried

cd /Volumes/XXX

where XXX is the Usb drive's name, but it doesn't work.

Am I doing to right thing?

Bye

hey I just installed the PC_EFI_V8.

I typed in the terminal

cd /Volumes/iamefi
./startupfiletool /dev/rdisk0s1 ./boot_V8

Then the Computer tells me

HFS+ filesystem detected
Looking for 1 words free
reading 4096,4096
Marking word 860
writing back 4096,4096
allocated blocas 32 at start 27520

I typed

reboot

in the terminal, the computer reboots, and I still get stucked after the bios check.

Thanks