Leopard GM 9a581 Patched for Intel

yourname

23 posts in this topic

It seems this dvd wont load on most computers. Have tried it on 4 diff systems now and it either freeze's or restarts while its booting the disk. Only 1 or 2 ppl on demon have said they have got it to work so far.

Guess will have to wait for iATKOS release.

i had to install tiger first to get it to work. A clean install failed every time for me. So until someone gets a new disk out ive got a 11gb tiger partition that is on there but it's not too big a deal sense it's cutting edge hacking.

How did you get it 2 install from tiger? Im currently running Uphuck 10.4.9v1.4i.

I got it to work, but it was problematic at best. After Leo was done installing, it would not allow the F8 key to be pressed, so I couldn't set the startup options. What I ended up having to do is install the prepatched Leo disc, then use my JaS 10.4.8 install DVD to boot into terminal, so that I could navigate to the patch files and run the post-flight patch. Once that was done, I got into Leo and it works decently. There have been some kernel panics on shutdown and sleep is thus far inoperable but I'm pretty impressed that it's working at all this early in the game.

This was performed on a Gateway MT6821 laptop with the 945 chipset, and a T5200 Core 2 Duo processor. As with Tiger, this machine does not have functioning LAN or wireless under OS X. Once my replacement wireless card arrives, I'll be good to go on that front.

Edit: I also tried it on my desktop system listed in my sig and the install never got past the Darwin bootloader. I presume that is because PATA is not supported for booting with Leo, just as it caused problems with Tiger before the JaS and XxX discs were patched to allow for booting from a PATA drive.

I've installed brazilmac prepatched dvd, postpatched.. but nothing boot up! I see a blinking cursor.. Do you think I have to use the original dvd and patch by myself? thanks

yes, same problem and i'm not sure it's brazilmac's patch or the iso on demonoid's fault

anyway, check the guide and follow the instruction.

I'm downloading the 6.56gb image.. can anyone tell me where to find the patch (to build the 4gb image)? thanks
http://rapidshare.com/files/65339534/Brazi...-Patch.zip.html

include prepatch and postpatch, read the instruction and modify the .sh before applying.

Edit: I also tried it on my desktop system listed in my sig and the install never got past the Darwin bootloader. I presume that is because PATA is not supported for booting with Leo, just as it caused problems with Tiger before the JaS and XxX discs were patched to allow for booting from a PATA drive.
As on Tiger, I remember there is some patched disc around and you can boot from the JMicro PATA device(OSX does support PATA, but JMicro sucks here). Anyway, no such thing for Leopard atm. I use an external usb box to hookup my dvd drive and installation goes through.

what's the actual script that you type into terminal anyway? the one in his readme isnt right. also, i named the flash drive "Patcher" in Windows XP but it shows up in Disk Utility as PATCHER.

I've noticed that too. It seems like disk names are always upper case but the code in the patch isn't. I modified the 9a581PostPatch.sh by changing the disk names

IFS=$'\n' # important!

PATCH="/Volumes/PATCHER/files/leopatch/" # path to the patched extensions

LEO="/Volumes/LEOPARD" # path to Leopard installation

However when I run the patch from the terminal off the install DVD I get lots of errors 'no such file or directory'.

Anyway the patch goes through and states 'successfully patched' but when I boot it gets stuck on a blinking cursor - as already mentioned before.