Latest Leopard Installation Methods Information (Intel SSE3)

Conroe Mac

109 posts in this topic

The first DVD has appeared on the demon. Here's some info:

What it can do:

Run on INTEL SSE2 and SSE3 machines

It might upgrade OS X Tiger X86 to Leo X86

It has support for NoNX/NoHPET/etc

The kernel can work on AMD machines

It has all the languages and printer drivers

What it doesn't do:

It's not yet ready for AMD machines, because of missing decrypts

It doesn't have all the patches you used to find on the old OSX86 DVDs

Intel SSE3

The first leopard installation disc has appeared somewhere demonic. It works for Intel SSE3 only!

You can see a writeup for that disc at this address:

http://dailyapps.net/2007/10/hack-attack-i...n-3-easy-steps/

AMD/SSE2

AMD/SSE2 Patch

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...67996&st=20

Here's a writeup on SSE2:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68077

AMD usually comes later.. it needs to be decrypted. I have heard of Leopard running on AMD, but you will have to wait longer for it to happen. Since Apple computers are Intel processors, it makes sense that it is easier to hack Leopard to run on hackintoshes with Intel processors. If you want to do the hacking for AMD or SSE2, I'm sure you could get it working by going carefully through this thread:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16

SSE2 and AMD patch has appeared on the bay.

On demonoid, the current disc, and only disc, requires post patching with a USB drive. It is called "Leopard GM 9a581 Patched for Intel PCs (SSE3 ONLY) and Patch".

SSE2 and AMD patch has appeared on the bay.

On demonoid, the current disc, and only disc, requires post patching with a USB drive. It is called "Leopard GM 9a581 Patched for Intel PCs (SSE3 ONLY) and Patch".

The 9a581 release is the GM release? the same as the retail version??

thanks in advance!

As a general note, keep in mind that this is still very early in the game. These installations from Brazilmac are tailored to the P5W motherboard. As such, you may have to play with the exact kexts to make everything function on your computer. If you're not comfortable doing that type of thing, please wait until a more polished dvd comes out. I don't think it will take long for that to happen. These installations are bleeding edge so I would not expect everything to work perfectly like a Jas release.

Nykwil: That is how I understand it. I have not tested this installation method yet. I am d/ling now.

ddrdark: 9a581, GM, and retail are all the same =)

I can now confirm that the Brazilmac patch (the original patch, not the dvd) works as I am running Leopard. Normally I would immediately do a writeup, but I have a feeling that a fully featured dvd is on the way. Perhaps now I will try the dvd method as well (most likely tomorrow as I only have 50% downloaded). For those with similar hardware profiles I will report my compatibility:

Sound: Appears to be working (at least two-channel). Audio fix is not hard manually if need be.

Video: Video card is recognized but I get artifacts and no resolution changes. About this Mac shows

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c0

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-in ethernet works

Both my optical and Hard drive are SATA. BTW, the artifacts are fixed perfectly now and I am running in full 1400x900. I just reinstalled the natitauto.kext. Piece of cake. If you are interested in GA-965P-DS3, I have just written a how to in the tutorials section. I will update it when I get some time.

How about running Leopard on a GA-P35-DS3R? Has anyone tried it? Or could someone recommend what kexts/etc to edit to get all the features working?

Works like a charm on a P35-DS3R here. You'll only have to install the kexts for audio and ethernet to get everything working. ;)

Works like a charm on a P35-DS3R here. You'll only have to install the kexts for audio and ethernet to get everything working. :D

Nice!! :D But how did you do the install? The Brazilian guy's method? Or the prepatched DVD? And do you have SATA AHCI enabled? And which ports are the hard drives connected to? Please tell all :D I'm happy!

Nice!! :D But how did you do the install? The Brazilian guy's method? Or the prepatched DVD? And do you have SATA AHCI enabled? And which ports are the hard drives connected to? Please tell all :D I'm happy!

Yeah i did the BrazilMAC method and patched the GM DVD myself. Then i booted the dvd using a usb dvd drive and installed it to a spare partition. Post install patches were done from a tiger install on another partition on the same drive.

I use AHCI Sata and my hd is connected to ich9 sata ports not the jmicron.

I have installed Leopard (clean install) from SL DVD created with BrazilMac solution. After install and postinstall patching i cant make it boot. With -v option i see error messages like "Display : family specific matching fails" and when logonwindow.app is started it hangs. There is even no mouse pointer on lightblue screen.

My config is ASRock Conroe945G / MSI GeForce 7600 GS / SATA HDD

I tried to start it with onboard GMA950-DSub (without external graphics card) and with GeForce 7600 GS-DVI -- results are the same. Does anybody have solution? Where is problem -- in logonwindow.app or in video drivers?

Maybe i can boot it at least in VESA mode? How can i do this? I tried -v "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32@60" but result is the same.

Thanks.

Yeah i did the BrazilMAC method and patched the GM DVD myself. Then i booted the dvd using a usb dvd drive and installed it to a spare partition. Post install patches were done from a tiger install on another partition on the same drive.

I use AHCI Sata and my hd is connected to ich9 sata ports not the jmicron.

Ah perfect! But to use the BrazilMac method, you need Tiger installed on the computer, right? Anyone knows?

And I see this whole thing about a Dual-Layered DVD and a Single Layered DVD, whats the difference between the two versions? Does the Single Layered DVD have something missing? Is it better to use the DL DVD?

How about running Leopard on a GA-P35-DS3R? Has anyone tried it? Or could someone recommend what kexts/etc to edit to get all the features working?
I am running on GA-965-DS3. I am not sure how similar that is to your board but you could try it with the how-to I wrote in the tutorials section.
Ah perfect! But to use the BrazilMac method, you need Tiger installed on the computer, right? Anyone knows?And I see this whole thing about a Dual-Layered DVD and a Single Layered DVD, whats the difference between the two versions? Does the Single Layered DVD have something missing? Is it better to use the DL DVD?
Dual layer DVDs hold more information but they are also much more expensive. Because of this, many people have removed files from the OS X installer disc to make it fit onto a single layer disc. The files are generally printer drivers, pdfs, and language files. These can be installed later if necessary from a disc of image that was not shrunk down.
I have installed Leopard (clean install) from SL DVD created with BrazilMac solution. After install and postinstall patching i cant make it boot. With -v option i see error messages like "Display : family specific matching fails" and when logonwindow.app is started it hangs. There is even no mouse pointer on lightblue screen.My config is ASRock Conroe945G / MSI GeForce 7600 GS / SATA HDDI tried to start it with onboard GMA950-DSub (without external graphics card) and with GeForce 7600 GS-DVI -- results are the same. Does anybody have solution? Where is problem -- in logonwindow.app or in video drivers?Maybe i can boot it at least in VESA mode? How can i do this? I tried -v "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32@60" but result is the same.Thanks.
You are correct to suspect your graphics card. Family specific matching fails means that your graphics card is not being recognized. You might try installing some kexts in single user mode to get your 7600GS working. I'm not familiar with that card so I don't know what kexts peoople usually use to get it working. If it is natit, you might try reinstalling the automatic natit.kext in single user mode, through tiger, or a macfused Windows installation.**** For those looking for SSE2 and AMD support, please read these threads!http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...67996&st=20Here's a writeup on SSE2:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68077

I am running on GA-965-DS3. I am not sure how similar that is to your board but you could try it with the how-to I wrote in the tutorials section.Dual layer DVDs hold more information but they are also much more expensive. Because of this, many people have removed files from the OS X installer disc to make it fit onto a single layer disc. The files are generally printer drivers, pdfs, and language files. These can be installed later if necessary from a disc of image that was not shrunk down.

I see, do you know whether there are any other SL DVDs floating around apart from the prepatched one in the Green Demon? And what did you use? The DL DVD or the SL DVD?