iPhone meet Voyager - Voyager meet iPhone...

14 posts in this topic

I knew they would bring the Prada here. That's essentially what the Voyager is. An Americanized version of the LG Prada.

And seriously, AT&T will be pissing themselves now. I am a faithful LG consumer, and I am seriously debating in upgrading from my Chocolate to the Voyager. The only reason I am even considering NOT upgrading is that I really like the formfactor and functionality of my Chocolate.

Plus, the Voyager is more visually appealing in my opinion.

But you all realize that the software on any of those phones will be Windows Only. Ah well.

It could also be Linux, in which case, would make the LG phone a serious contender as you can get more functionality. Crossing my fingers for a Linux embedded operating system.

I wonder how much it will cost?

I'm sure it will be priced way lower than the iPhone so that it would take away more potential iPhone customers ;)

I love the iPhone but I won't buy an iPhone because of AT&T, so I will probably get one of these as soon as they come out :star_smile:

OMG...

why? what are the rumors?

Jeeze. I don't understand why everyone hates AT&T. When I think of them, i think of cingular. Weren't they good? I'm not American... but I HATE verizon. All those damn CDMA providers CRIPPLE their phones.

Could someone clearly help me see why everyone hates AT&T?

PS That rhymed...

-Urbz

The reason I PREFER VZW is that i know a lot about the inner workings of the network and I can get around a lot of the technical limitations. If you simply can't figure it out, then go to one of those carriers that not only holds your hand, but also limits what your phone can do for you even more.

Yes, Cingular WAS good, until VZW upgraded the network to 1X and EVDO, which is STILL on top of all the other American (East Coast at least, anyway) wireless providers. I get excellent signal, great data speeds anywhere I go. My ex-girlfriends' Cingular based Razr could not match my VX8500 as far as those aspects are concerned.

Also, there are better phones on VZW. My phone can take 1280x950 pics and send them to anyone I want, except those with Cingular/AT&T as their carrier. Their carrier limits (in the software) the size of the pic allowed to be received. So I have to "dumb down" the image resolution to less than 400 pixels in order to send a pic. {censored} DISGUSTING.

Yes, Cingular/AT&T have Rollover Minutes, but I have 2K mins for 75 dollars because of my employment with Home Depot as a company, a discount which will last as long as I have my 2 year contract. Plus, all my friends are VZW, so I get all the cool unlimited freebies.

Couple that with some "backdoor action" with the help of a friend who used to be a VZW tech for some 3 or 4 years, and I have a great pseudo-unlocked phone.

It's all about who and how much you know. Which is the reason I have enjoyed my service with Verizon Wireless and also the reason why my experience with Cingular/AT&T has skewed their integrity for my taste.

AT&T is trying to pass laws so that they can control the Internet. They feel that since they own the 'pipes' used for this kind of communications, that the Internet should become under their jurisdiction. At&t sees the Internet as a cash cow. The CEO of at&t has already said "Why should they be allowed to use my pipes? The Internet can't be free in that sense". The Internet should be free, and not belong to any one company or group of companies. Anyone who supports at&t, doesn't support a free internet as we know it today. Simple as that.

Source? Wow this is old news, probably 2-3 years old and you're just hearing about it now? Google the FCC, cable companies and at&t. Tomorrow I'll see if I can find the names of some of the laws they're trying to get passed. You can also google for a article (I think) is called 'the end of the Internet'. Lots of details in there.