Universal GeForce Driver package

Prawker

172 posts in this topic

How does this work ? I'm quite new here

dude, just donwload it and run it it is as easy as it sounds

if you're lucky you will get Quartz extreme support and Core Image support(which is some kinda apple strange description for acceleration 2d/3d) I didn't have them but after installing this I have it

you can go to the About this mac menu and the to More and see if the display drivers you have now support those two and if they support QE/CI you don't have to install this

This worked perfectly for me!! I spent the last 2 days trying to get my video card to work, and it would always show up in 1024x768. I installed this package, rebooted, and it went to 1680x1050! I'm running an XFX 6800XT.

Thanks!

Thanks.. however my mac life is quite bad and full of bumps like many other peoples... sigh...

(won't mention on this topic but i have managed to get past the stage after installation.. restart and then black screen of hell)

that's why i got confused... thought this could solve the black screen problemo...

I have managed to install the kext and overcome the kernal panic, however after the system has completed the boot cycle, my monitor seems to go into standby mode!

Has anyone else experenced or overcome this problem?

Thanks

Shaun

This worked perfectly for me!! I spent the last 2 days trying to get my video card to work, and it would always show up in 1024x768. I installed this package, rebooted, and it went to 1680x1050! I'm running an XFX 6800XT.

Thanks!

Well, it almost worked. I got the right resolution, but my Core Image is Software, and Quartz Extreme is not supported. any idea on how to fix it?

PCIe x16 XFX 6800XT, 128mb, with dual DVI (only one monitor connected, the other dvi dosnt have anything connected), and I'm on 10.5.1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have xfx gf 7950 gx2 520m 1gb ddr3 dual dvi tv extreme..which driver do you recommend?..i am a newbie...thanks in advanced.

• 1 month later...

This universal driver package works flawless on my Kalyway 10.5.2 Leopard install and XFX 7600GT 256 MB PCI-e.

My other system specs: ASUS P5B Deluxe with Pentium D 840.

A few posts up I think I saw where this might not work with a Leopard and Core processor combination. Anyone with experience with this?

Thanks Prawker! :(

I was running around a lot of sites, to find a solution for my graphic card. So, here is!

Works perfectly!

And I almost lost hope, because I have an AGP card (XFX 7600GT).

My Motherboard is an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, and works perfectly for me.

Thanks a LOT for share this!

Keep up the good work, and sorry my poor english. I'm from Brazil. :)

I can now change resolutions on my eVGA 6200 LE. However, I STILL CAN'T ENABLE QE, although System Profiler shows CI is enabled in software. What else do I need to do in order to get QE working? (I prefer iWork 08 to Microsoft Office 08, but I need QE enabled to use iWork 08, let alone iLife 08)

Dear all,

This is my experience to make GF8400 working with QE/CI,

I try many many way and finally found that the problem is not exactly driver.

I confirm that NVInstaller v4.1 is work. but need more a little adjust to match your system.

Yes it is something about NVCAP String.

with 10.5.2 Kalyway, after install NVInstaller i got blank screen,

I try change NVCAP with 04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000 work but No QE/CI,

Thank to this Topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=103549

As I have tell we need to change NVCAP to match our system.

I try NVCAP with new String 04000000 00000300 04000000 00000007 00000000

Aha with this my GF8400 full working with QE/CI.

Just want to tell only Driver is not enough.

Used this package on my kalyway 10.5.2 system and it fixed the resolution and such, but the open gl test on xbench did not fly

Generic NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Generic NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0295

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

DELL 2005FPW:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

but it makes it bearable to use for now. any suggestions folks?

prawker, the 7950gt no longer does the black screen. works like a charm on tiger *7950gt xfx 512mb*

thankssss

Hello All,

I've made for you a universal installer for all GeForce cards*

The package installs a copy of all the GeForce, NV, and Titan kexts. All of them include all of the most common Device ID's. So if you're having trouble changing your resolution, or you want to get Core Image and Quartz Extreme working, this package might do the trick for you!

Please keep in mind that I have not tested this on every single GeForce card. But it SHOULD work on most modern cards, which include cards in the 5xxx through 7xxx range. If you have anything older, then this may or may not work. And if you have an 8xxx card, this will NOT work. Also, this may or may not work if your card has 512MB of RAM. You display might work the first time you reboot, but not the second time. If you have a 512 card, and want to try this out then be my guest :blink:

If you use this package, please report any success or failure so I can update this thread and get a list of supported/unsupported cards going.

This is the first time I've ever made a package and released it, so I cannot guarantee that this will work on your system, and/or that it will install correctly on your system. I've installed this on two different computers so far and it worked like a charm on both. So if you think you are tech savy, be sure to keep an eye on the installer log and let me know of any bugs you spot.

Download the package here

Working Cards:

7600 GT PCI-E

7300 LE PCI-E

7950GT (Sometimes hangs at black screen, but a reboot will fix that.)

6800XT

Go53xx

*All modern GeForce cards, I.E. 5 series through 7 series. 8 Series cards are not supported.

Mirrors:

http://www.a4o.nl/dump/GeForce.pkg.zip

http://www.bearpc.info/GeForce.pkg.zip

Hi....I have a Geforce Go 6150 . Will this be okay to try ? By what you have written it seems to fit in the 5xxx to 7xxx board??

Millon de gracias.. funciona a la perfeccion con N6200A-256DZ ... y como debe ser.. al mejor estilo MAC.. instalar y usar.. nada de codigos, parches y crakeos... pufff.. eso solo se ve en PC.. uso MAc de años y eso es lo que esperaba para los clones de PC .. si van a copiar .. asi se debe copiar..

Saludos y gracias por el instalador..

Using this installer my scenario has changed.

I`m using JaS 10.4.8 (8.8.1) and the NVDANV10Hal that comes with the DVD never could be loaded, it always displayed error "_GPU_FB_RDBLOCK/WRBLOCK", so I`ve been trying with NVDANV20Hal, and many combinations of Natit, Titan, NVinject, NVkush, AGPgart 1/2, etc. but no luck.

With this package I was able to load NVDANV10Hal, and my system boot with NVDAResmas inside extensions dir (it never happened), but using Titan or Natit after Darwin/Extensions loading my monitor goes off, the screen goes black and monitor's green led start flashing.

Anyone knows what could be done to fix it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome package! Wanted to let you know that this installer worked with my geforce go 7800 256 on Leopard 10.5.2 (Kalyway). Here are the details:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0098

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1000

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

As you can see, the QE is not working for now. Haven't tried external display or dual boot. I was thinkin gof trying the latest NVInject. Has anyone tried? Please share results.

i tried to install it in ToH Leopard RC2. it killed the system. It cannot boot normally, but i can when I use single user mode with the safeboot. (the -s -x boot option in darwin loader)

any suggestion? I mean any driver for Leopard?

By the way I have GeForce 5500 FX 256 DDR2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi tried this driver and it is the best that i tried (and i tried all :rolleyes: )

With it i have all good resolution, dual monitor supports, all that i need except the QE and CI support.

Where and what i can change for activate it ?

I have a Notebook HP Pavilion ZD7000 with Go5700 graphics board, 128MB

Thank you in advance

Faber

post-128697-1216411941_thumb.png