Universal GeForce Driver package

Prawker

172 posts in this topic

I hope I can return to normal after this - I did what the OP suggested a page back to remove it but now instead of the kernel panic "push the power button" message it just freezes on the apple during loadiing. I use a TC1100 with GeForce4 420 so don't use this if you roll with 32MB's of Ge4 power like me. Appreciate anyone to give me a hand getting back to work if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

i just installed this and when the OS (kalyway 10.5.1) loads up it says "You need to restart your computer. Gold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." ive done it several times and it keeps doing that. what do i do now? do i have to reinstall the OS now? i have a geforce go 6800 btw.

Great thx.

It fix my screen resolution :( , but QE is still not supported.

Can somebody help me?

My card: Sparkle GeForce 6800XT 256Mb DDR3 PCI-E

My display: NEC 20WGX2 (1650x1050, AS-IPS, DVI)

PS

In Mac OS X Tiger I use Titan and QE was enabled!

Tiger's info:

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT:

Model: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT

Type: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (all): 256 Мб

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID : 0x00c3

Revision: 0x00a2

Displays:

20WGX2:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 GHz

Color Deep: 32-bit color

Ram image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Synchronisation: Off.

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotating: Supported

• 2 weeks later...

i finaly managed to get my fx5700le working 100% qe/ci......i enabled it with a test install of iAtkos 10.5.4....checked titan in the installer.

But here is the thing!!!

....wanted to enable qe/ci in my regular install (same pc...other hd)...on a Toh 10.5 using the Gforce package from here (which only enabled the resolution and not the qe/ci).

To use the titan i had to de-install the Gforce package by copying back the old kext files....(it was in the backup file -created installing it).....had some matters with it (some report about not copying proper)....went on and did a permission repair.....and after this everything was enabled!!!also qe/ci!! :angel:

in short...deinstalling this gforce pack..by copying back the backupped kext files...permision repair.....enabled my card 100%

Installed enabled my resolutions....deinstalled still enabled my resolutions but also qe/ci

i finaly managed to get my fx5700le working 100% qe/ci......i enabled it with a test install of iAtkos 10.5.4....checked titan in the installer.

But here is the thing!!!

....wanted to enable qe/ci in my regular install (same pc...other hd)...on a Toh 10.5 using the Gforce package from here (which only enabled the resolution and not the qe/ci).

To use the titan i had to de-install the Gforce package by copying back the old kext files....(it was in the backup file -created installing it).....had some matters with it (some report about not copying proper)....went on and did a permission repair.....and after this everything was enabled!!!also qe/ci!! :lol:

in short...deinstalling this gforce pack..by copying back the backupped kext files...permision repair.....enabled my card 100%

Installed enabled my resolutions....deinstalled still enabled my resolutions but also qe/ci

moes! thank you! (and BIG thanks to the original packager...)

I just got my GeForce 6800 XT (PCIe) working with Core and QuartzExtreme! (it's LOOKS so much better.. and it's SMOOTH like glass now...)

Here's what I did.. and what finally worked:

Had base Kalyway (ToH) 10.5.2, no other resulotion except 1024x768

Installed the Geforce.pkg from this thread, and got my full 1920x1200x32, but UGH, no CI/QE

Installed the NVinject.kext (0.2.1) -- Not sure if that helped/hindered.. was grasping..

with NVinject.. still had no CI/QE

replaced all files from from backup (ie: sudo cp -r /GeForceBackup/ /System/Library/Extensions/)

ran: sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/ (not sure if I needed this either but couldn't hurt)

rebooted, started drooling...

I don't understand why installing, then uninstalling works.. but it does! it kept resolutions and rotations, added core animation and quartz extreme somehow.

Lots of forum lurking and a weird solution, but I hope this helps someone else too.. :)

Hi!

Tried! :)

Worked! :D :D

My system is:

P4 3,0 GHz

AsRock P4M800

Gigabyte GV-N76G256D-RH (AGP - 256 Mb)

1,5 Gb RAM

2x80Gb HDD (1 for XP Pro and 1 for OSx86)

And now....

Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.2

allready restarted a few times and it still works great.

Good work! :):)

Sal

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Tried it but NOT work on 799GTX PCI-express

CPU: Pentium D 920

MOBO: Abit AW8D

It boot into the gray screen with apple logo and the loading circle for a little bit and then then tell to restart "hold down power button to restart..."

Thanks for making and uploading the installer. I am still very new to MAC hacked, so it there is any other method of installing the driver or change the resolution, please let me know.