Universal GeForce Driver package

Prawker

172 posts in this topic

Thanks so much for that, I installed this for my Nvidia 6800XT by XTX (AGP 8x 256mb DDR3 ram), and it works beautifully on JAS 10.4.8 build, but does this support dual monitors?

tbh, I'm not to sure as I have never tested this myself, but I don't think it does...

Hello! ;)

I just tried the universale geforce driver on my geforce go 7950 gtx and it didn't work. It hangs at a light blue screen between the grey apple loading screen and the finder.

:D

Same for me, yesterday i try to get it run by my self, and the CRT on the VGA port leaves Black the CRT on the DVI port show this ligh blue screen.

With this package the ports are "inverted" (VCA shows light blue, DVI leaves black).

My Card: Geforce 7600 GT 512MB by MSI (NX7600GT TD512Z)

ps: i think that the "primary" display leaves Black, and the secoundary shows this light blue, but i'm not sure cause i can't move the mouse to that secoundary screen.

sensimeon:How do you reflash the video card and everything, since I have a bfg 7950 gt oc 512mb card(I think, it's 512M), but osx only sees 256 mb of it. Just started this, so not too sure how to get the nvidia card fully working under osx86. Do you have to reflash the card as something, and also what changes did you do to that list file.Thanks,JDGBOLT
First understand, that my video card gives me boot problems. I usually have to restart twice..So 90% working, but its the best I've found so far for being constant.First you have to flash your card, no way around it.Sounds scary but it's not..Find your card here: www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/nvidia512cardrom.html Then I would suggest installing this driver package again.Make sure your devid is included!(Read posts above as I was intruscted by prawker how to do this step.)Then it should just work after rebooting..Problems I've found and how I've fixed them..BIOS setting screen appears pixelated..Reload default biosIt boots and stalls in black screen after grey logo...RestartIt boots and stalls in black screen after grey logo...Restart againStalls at blue screen with no mouse/with mouse...RestartIf you are still recieving problems, then I would suggest starting with a fresh installafter you have flashed your card, then installin the pkg. Good luck.
Hello! :) I just tried the universale geforce driver on my geforce go 7950 gtx and it didn't work. It hangs at a light blue screen between the grey apple loading screen and the finder. ;)
Try resetting your bios.Also try to restart twice...Did you flash your card?

a have a little fails with this drivers. i have a 6800xt working on a hackintosh. i have a question.

with HD 1080p videos and with EyeTV i have a problem. eyetv dont work correctly (in windows ok) the image stop during 1 sg. and continue, is similar for low level signal, but signal is ok (in windows work ok). and in 1080p the videos have a bad pixels and is slow

the problem are for the drivers or only for mi graphic card is not very powerfull????

sorry for my english......

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

didn't work for my GeForce Go 6200 (0x016710de) for vaio s3xp laptop, using JaS 10.4.8.

I added my device ID in the different .kext concerned, changed owner and rights, cleaned the kextcaches, then repaired the permissions as usual.

the boot up looks fine, but hangs at the end

NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered

NVDA::probe(NGFX)

NVDA::start(NGFX) <1>

IPv6..... (this one is useless)

localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

Anyway Prawker, excellent job making a lot of GeForces working! I hope you'll keep on this great work and maybe make my video card operational!!

best regards

JaS 10.4.8 install, 7600SE 512Mb AGP not working. Don't know of an AGP bios for this card, and I tried the Natit and TITAN drivers independantly to no avail, so was just curious if this would work. 10.4.9 wouldn't help at all would it?

I just installed uphuck 10.4.9 Intel x86 install dvd v1.4i r3 and this package, and now my laptop screen is black I have go 7600 256mb

what to do/undo?

And I also get this message

It didn't work for my XFX Nvidia 7600GT PCI-E. I had to reboot manually, and after I got all the white text that appears while the system loads, I get a part which says:

NVDA::start(display) <1>

NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

Sep 2 20:37:18 kextd-parent[24]: IOKitWaitQuiet () timed out

Sep 2 20:37:20 localhost mDNSResponder-108 (Dec 25 2005 11: 57:53)[36]: starting

Sep 2 20:37:22 localhost DirectoryService[51]: Launched version 2.1 (v352.1)

Sep 2 20:37:25 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

and here is where it hangs and won't do anything else. What should I do?

It didn't work with the GeForce Go 6200 on an Acer TravelMate C310. After I installed the package and rebooted, I got a strange screen just before the blue background with the login would appear. It was a color fading from the gray from the screen before slowly to black. The system did not hang though, I was still able to blindly shutdown. I started then to Windows and from there removed all the relating folders from the Extensions. After that I had my 1024x768 screen back, however, something interesting happened... Before, System Profiler didn't recognize my card properly (just nvidia), and now I have the following:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0167

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

So the system now suddenly knows the Chipset, without the package installed... However, Quartz Extreme is not supported. Any ideas how I could get that to work? (I believe some applications like iWork8 need that in order to run, right?)

Thanks,

Juerg

After installing tubgirls 10.4.10 (as an update on my modified tubgirl 10.4.8), my display resolution was only 1024x768 without QE and CI.

I installed this Geforce Driver package and now I'm back at full resolution including Quartz Extreme and Core Image.

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipsatz-Modell: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0392

Versions-ID: 0x00a1

Monitore:

SyncMaster:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Rotation: Unterstützt

the universal package is working fine for my FX5200. it managed to solve all problems with window dragging and scrolling.Moreover QE is now enabled. But the PCI bus is still reported as PCI not AGP and thus Final Cut 4.5 is not running.....any suggestion pls?

Prawker,

Going 2 for 3 with this package. First the 7950GT works, then i go the 7600gt and it works perfectly, and i recently grabbed a 7300gs and it is stalling at the blue screen. been looking around and going to try to reinstall. but im currently using the xXx 10.4.10 installer disc, no video selection, and the card works fine, but then install your package and i hang at blue screen. thinking i could hook you up with the device id and you could send me the text file back? let me know, and if anything changes ill inform you

Hey guy's

I have a HP zd7100 that has a 64mb Nvidia FX go5200 mobility card in it. I have the resolution issues worked out but still don't have QE/CI working yet.

Here is my card ID <string>0x032410de&0xffffffff</string>. Has anyone been able to get QE/CI working with this card, any help would be greatly apriciated.

Thanks

Eric

hey folks, im trying to download this very promising package off of mediafire but for what ever reason it hangs on the download for like 5 minutes before finally giving me a download dialog but then the file is instantly downloaded and is 0 bytes in length... would it be possible to upload this somewhere else? i'd like to see how this fairs on my geforce go 7150M B)

EDIT:

bugger, right as i complain it starts working :D