Bums

UZi706

32 posts in this topic

One day I was passing through Uptown (Minneapolis) and holy {censored} there's a load of bums begging for money. GET A {censored} JOB. I walked across the street to Mc Donald's and got an application and gave it to one as he was asking for money, "{censored} you" is the response I got from him. I'm gonna do society a favor, I'ma go American Psycho on them ask them if they need help, tell them how much they sicken me and stab them to death.

I'm sick of having some sloppy hippie that's to good for a day job because they can't reform to society enough to get to work on time. I'm sick of these {censored}s asking me for money everytime I cross the street, for that matter they make a nice looking area look like {censored} with thier presence alone.

^ Sounds like oryhara :)

There are gonna be lazy people everywhere you go, get used to it. When I was in atlanta, some homeless dude came up to our car while it was parked in teh hotel parking lot and asked if we had any spare change, and when I told him no, he just said "Ok, thanks" and walked away.

where i live in chicago, i am friends with lts of the hobos around my school, where i am now,(california) all the bums sk8 with me and my friends. it is only the ones who demand money from you that {censored} me off

:(

Bums?

Oh! You mean homeless folk, right? :D

I live in a fairly rural area, so very rarely do I see a homeless folk around town.

Thats a reflection of your government.

Thats a reflection of your government.

Reflection of my government? Not quite. I just find calling someone a bum to be quite offensive - I certainly wouldn't want to be called a bum.

It's a well know fact that there are more homeless people in cities. I live in a small town with less than 7000 - I have never seen a homeless person in my town

Reflection of my government? Not quite. I just find calling someone a bum to be quite offensive - I certainly wouldn't want to be called a bum.

It's a well know fact that there are more homeless people in cities. I live in a small town with less than 7000 - I have never seen a homeless person in my town

Same here, our town is about 6,000. Most people here know how to take care of themselves without begging the government for help.

Im glad you think your community is "perfect" and the like, while you may not have much of a problem with the homeless population, there are a couple things you probably need to address.

-The Confederacy is dead, get used to it

-Homeless people aren't out to get you

-Homelessness is a product of an un-kind society unwilling to help eachother out, some people just arent built for the 9-5 grind.

-Theres something to be said for working smart, not hard.

-I dont recall anybody BEGGING the government for help. In a small town community, everybody helps eachother out because everybody knows eachother and doesnt want to see their neigbors fall on tough times. When a society gets bigger and bigger, one begins to lose touch with their fellow man, therefore the government has to be the one to step in and help people when they are in trouble, otherwise society is cruel, judgemental, and unforgiving (three traits which you seem to have in great abundance). Big government is a sign of the times, IT IS NOT GOING AWAY. All we have to do is change it to meet the needs of the most amount of people, rather than using it as a tool for self interest, if people actually stood up for what they wanted (here in America) things would get done. But the situation in our country is getting worse, as a renouned sociologist Theda Scoctpol said in her research on social and political revolutions "Revolutions happen when conditions get better, not when conditions get worse".

Im glad you think your community is "perfect" and the like, while you may not have much of a problem with the homeless population, there are a couple things you probably need to address.

-Homelessness is a product of an un-kind society unwilling to help eachother out, some people just arent built for the 9-5 grind.

-I dont recall anybody BEGGING the government for help. In a small town community, everybody helps eachother out because everybody knows eachother and doesnt want to see their neigbors fall on tough times. When a society gets bigger and bigger, one begins to lose touch with their fellow man, therefore the government has to be the one to step in and help people when they are in trouble, otherwise society is cruel, judgemental, and unforgiving (three traits which you seem to have in great abundance). Big government is a sign of the times, IT IS NOT GOING AWAY. All we have to do is change it to meet the needs of the most amount of people, rather than using it as a tool for self interest, if people actually stood up for what they wanted (here in America) things would get done. But the situation in our country is getting worse, as a renouned sociologist Theda Scoctpol said in her research on social and political revolutions "Revolutions happen when conditions get better, not when conditions get worse".

The Constitution is perfect.

The Confederate system was working fine until the north wanted to FORCE industry, taxation, and Communist ideals on the South. Here we are humble until someone comes around slinging a gun, then we fire back!

"Revolutions happen when conditions get better, not when conditions get worse".

Riiiiiiight, and:

War is peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Bliss.

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

If you don't work, you don't eat. You can find something to do unless you are a complete invalid.

Good point, but when there are numbers of people in a 20 foot radius that can stand there and bug the {censored} out of you all day, every day, why can't they just get a real job?

why can't they just get a real job?

Because nobody wants to hire homeless people? They generally look aweful, so they won't get hired to a position where they'll be seen by the public, and they won't get hired where they won't be seen by the public, because nobody wants to work with a smelly homeless person. On top of that, they usually have some kind of alchohol problem, which gets/would get them fired anyway, and passed off as lazy burdens on society, where instead they probably just need help for whatever problems it is they have. They also probably don't have much of an education thanks to a presumably poor economic situation while they were growing up (or for some other reason that I'm too tired to think of atm).

Yeah, stupid hippies... :(

Many homeless people have psychological problems and do not receive appropriate care. People with psychosis can only receive 2 weeks of hospital care - whilst the antipsychotic drugs will only start to take a real effect after four weeks or even a little longer.

Society and the health care system are failing to help people with severe psychological issues/psychiatric disease. Only when you are well-off or if you have a good health care insurance appropriate treatment is possible.

Not all bums have psychiatric problems, but a lot of them actually have.

To become a bum is actually quite easy: get a severe depression after your relationship ends, don't open your mail for two months, don't pay your bills - you cannot make yourself focus on this, don't work, you loose your job, get evicted, people shun you. Your personal hygiene goes down the drain, you don't look presentable anymore. Job opportunities go down the drain - life as you knew it ends. You look at your relection in the a shop window and you stare into the face of a bum...It happens to a lot of people. Sometimes it just starts by being laid off and the whole cascade into bumness starts. Social economic class helps a bit - better health care insurance or a larger amount of doe to consume before you hit rock bottom....

Many homeless people have psychological problems and do not receive appropriate care. People with psychosis can only receive 2 weeks of hospital care - whilst the antipsychotic drugs will only start to take a real effect after four weeks or even a little longer.

Society and the health care system are failing to help people with severe psychological issues/psychiatric disease. Only when you are well-off or if you have a good health care insurance appropriate treatment is possible.

Not all bums have psychiatric problems, but a lot of them actually have.

To become a bum is actually quite easy: get a severe depression after your relationship ends, don't open your mail for two months, don't pay your bills - you cannot make yourself focus on this, don't work, you loose your job, get evicted, people shun you. Your personal hygiene goes down the drain, you don't look presentable anymore. Job opportunities go down the drain - life as you knew it ends. You look at your relection in the a shop window and you stare into the face of a bum...It happens to a lot of people. Sometimes it just starts by being laid off and the whole cascade into bumness starts. Social economic class helps a bit - better health care insurance or a larger amount of doe to consume before you hit rock bottom....

At this point they should just off themselves if they don't have the will to keep things going.

• 1 month later...
I am disgusted.

@Mark1970: thanks, very true and humane.

@Alessandro17, you're welcome.

Yes I too am disgusted by some of the remarks UZi706 for example has made. Of course it is his free choice to do so. Well UZi706 might just have typed this in to be cool and shocking. But this type of harsh attitude that UZi706 illustrates here with his comment - and with that kind of nickname one can hardly expect anything else - is what makes today's society a less tolerant one. This type of attitude is often observed in the young or the people that haven't faced a lot of adversity in life. When you are young you think you are invincible and you can control your life, as you get older you'll notice that this is not always the case. How to cope with adversity is something people need to learn to be able to remain upright, some stumble and fall. Some just need a helping hand to start walking again....

To the bums in the World, don't expect UZi706 to lend a hand, but perhaps UZi705 or UZi207 might.....

And now I am off to do some recycling and milk my LLama ;)

This type of attitude is often observed in the young or the people that haven't faced a lot of adversity in life. When you are young you think you are invincible and you can control your life, as you get older you'll notice that this is not always the case.

Or maybe, he is just cynic. Hey, the world is overpopulated (so they say). Maybe he is is sick of going to work every day, and (possibly) having his tax dollars go to them. The possibilities are endless, but you cannot assume that because UZi dislikes bums, he is inexperienced.

UZi706 illustrates here with his comment - and with that kind of nickname one can hardly expect anything else

Oh my gawd, a firearms enthusiast! Surely he is an inhumane monster!

And now I am off to do some recycling and milk my LLama :(

Recycle? Make your own natural milk? Wow, you sure are superior to everyone else!

Look, I don't mean to be a jerk of offend, but your last post (in this thread) irked me.

At this point they should just off themselves if they don't have the will to keep things going.

You apply labels and stereotypes to UZi706 based on one comment. Perhaps he too would kill himself if he were in that situation.

I disagree. In Germany (my current place of residence), they have an excellent welfare system that will actually pay your apartment, furniture, home appliances, food, medicine and pets (believe it or not). The unfortunate thing is that many people under 21 abuse the system and simply refuse to educate themselves or go to work. My point is that it is not just a matter of people not willing to help others out but rather people being naturally lazy when they have the chance to.

Cheers,

hecker