MY Pentium D 805 2.66 Experience * Good Info *

Guest pcharles25

78 posts in this topic

Guest pcharles25

That is very great!

Chances are you will not feel the need to upgrade to a C2D because that

P-D Processor will Satisfy your needs fully ;)

And that is the whole point here. Satisfying your needs.

So instead of you buttholes taking your aggression on me...

find a women and give her that spice.

Here, i am just trying to help people and give them the

maximum dual core mac goodness for the least ammount of $$$ (USD)

:P

Check out my video and you selected fellows will see that i am not a "kid"

but if you still think as such... well ... i am not even going to get into how

i feel about you... Again, also because i am not a "kid"

Enjoy and Hackintosh, Where you have nothing to lose, Only to gain a

extremely inexpensive OSX Running apple computer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=69...29801&hl=en

That is very great!

Chances are you will not feel the need to upgrade to a C2D because that

P-D Processor will Satisfy your needs fully :)

And that is the whole point here. Satisfying your needs.

So instead of you buttholes taking your aggression on me...

find a women and give her that spice.

Here, i am just trying to help people and give them the

maximum dual core mac goodness for the least ammount of $$$ (USD)

:)

Check out my video and you selected fellows will see that i am not a "kid"

but if you still think as such... well ... i am not even going to get into how

i feel about you... Again, also because i am not a "kid"

Enjoy and Hackintosh, Where you have nothing to lose, Only to gain a

extremely inexpensive OSX Running apple computer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=69...29801&hl=en

See, it would be fine if you were just saying this, that it's a good bang for your buck. And you're 100% right, it truly is a fast machine that'll do anything an average consumer needs, as well as many pro apps.

But what is entirely misleading and incorrect in your posts is your claims that, despite all evidence, that your $56 Pentium D is faster then a Mobile Core 2 Duo. It's just not. We've shown you the specs, you argued. You stated that a Core 2 Duo can't do 1080p, while your $56 can. This is a lie. Both can. I have nothing against you personally, mate, it's just you're spewing out incorrect information like that. If you were simply saying "this is a good bang for your buck", that's fine. But you're spewing out lies, which really, isn't right. And you're being quite ignorant and pushy about it, too.

Oh, and btw, my woman is satisfied, thanks for asking.

Just ordered some hardware. My budget is ridiculously small. I only spent $170.00.

Open Box: MSI 945GM3-F LGA 775 Intel 945G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Dual-Core E2140 Allendale 1.6GHz LGA 775 Processor Model

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667

Pentium D 805' s are now getting very rare. The only online retailer I found, in PriceGrabber, was unrated. I didnt want to risk it. And with shipping it would have cost the same. I just hope it works. If I cant find a junk ATX case in the basement, I will just build a custom enclosure. Even the cheapest case, $13.00, added $15.00 to the shipping.

Wish me luck.

Guest pcharles25

you did very well. you will be happy, and keep in mind if you decide at a later point you would like some more cpu power, no problem. i started testing with a 2.8ghz prescott celeron SSE3 way back when... and that in all reality it did just about everything i needed, in osx the celeron does more for you then windows would ever hope to.

You're right, you can do a lot of things with a 2,8Ghz celeron, but i tried the same board, same memory, same everything with a core2duo E4300 and i saw and felt a HUUUUUUGE difference even on common tasks like internet or itunes.

But most people just don't need that (i use a lot of soundbanks for music stuff). If you want a simple desktop computer to make usual things, upgrading to a 3 times or more expensive processor is really useless.

If you compare it to any G4, the celeron is really, really faster!

I have a PentiumD 805, its fast, but no where near as fast as any Core2, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Spending a bit more and getting a lower end Core2 is well worth it.

Guest pcharles25

there is a-lot more to performance then just a cpu... a great board... a great chipset.... a great hard drive... Great memory... it all comes together... and great video GMA 950....

the pentium D is the cats meow... Absolutely. mixed with all great hardware. You cannot beat the price vs performance.

there is a-lot more to performance then just a cpu... a great board... a great chipset.... a great hard drive... Great memory... it all comes together... and great video GMA 950....

the pentium D is the cats meow... Absolutely. mixed with all great hardware. You cannot beat the price vs performance.

I think you will find that you can easily beat the Pentium D, like I said, all the core2's are better than any Netburst CPU. So put a Core2 with a great board, great chipset, great HDD and great video card (not GMA950) and you will have yourself a cheap and very fast system.

PentiumD 805 A$80 - ebay

Intel E6300 Core 2 Duo A$80 - ebay

Not much difference in price, big difference in performance. :)

Guest pcharles25

you computer dorks need to all calm down...

The Pentium D 805 that i bought for 52 dollars us... new from new egg make

my mac Lightning fast.. instant.

ZOOM~!

Its faster then my {censored} ass 24" iMac core 2

I know you are all really stupid {censored} liking {censored} whores... but be stupid

with me because... Your are all wrong ...

Time and time again.. my customers/friends/colleagues all agree

the systems i build with the P-D 805 Is the best dam mac they have ever used

even better then the mac pro because it only cost a 1/10 th of the price.

you computer dorks need to all calm down...

The Pentium D 805 that i bought for 52 dollars us... new from new egg make

my mac Lightning fast.. instant.

ZOOM~!

Its faster then my {censored} ass 24" iMac core 2

I know you are all really stupid {censored} liking {censored} whores... but be stupid

with me because... Your are all wrong ...

Time and time again.. my customers/friends/colleagues all agree

the systems i build with the P-D 805 Is the best dam mac they have ever used

even better then the mac pro because it only cost a 1/10 th of the price.

OK. I have to say it. I don't care if I get banned for saying it. You are just so infuriatingly moronic that I can't hold back any more. First of all, stop claiming you have "customers." You don't. Second of all, I don't care if your colleagues at Burger King say that the Pentium D is the fastest Mac they've ever used. It doesn't mean it's faster than the Core 2 Duo, so stop trying to say that "fast enough for me if fast enough for anyone," because it's not. Just because you can't tell a difference in the speed of your oh-so-advanced playing of a video file, it doesn't mean that there is no need for a faster chip. You have repeatedly ignored any evidence against your claims, regardless of the fact that all of it has been backed up with results, while your claims are nothing but that - claims with nothing to back them up. You say that everyone else is wrong, stupid, or nerdy if they show evidence against your claims, instead of considering the possibility that someone else may be right. I don't know why I even keep reading this thread. Every time I read one of your posts I feel like my IQ takes a sharp nose-dive.

I (for some reason) look forward to your hilariously retarded response.

OK. I have to say it. I don't care if I get banned for saying it. You are just so infuriatingly moronic that I can't hold back any more. First of all, stop claiming you have "customers." You don't. Second of all, I don't care if your colleagues at Burger King say that the Pentium D is the fastest Mac they've ever used. It doesn't mean it's faster than the Core 2 Duo, so stop trying to say that "fast enough for me if fast enough for anyone," because it's not. Just because you can't tell a difference in the speed of your oh-so-advanced playing of a video file, it doesn't mean that there is no need for a faster chip. You have repeatedly ignored any evidence against your claims, regardless of the fact that all of it has been backed up with results, while your claims are nothing but that - claims with nothing to back them up. You say that everyone else is wrong, stupid, or nerdy if they show evidence against your claims, instead of considering the possibility that someone else may be right. I don't know why I even keep reading this thread. Every time I read one of your posts I feel like my IQ takes a sharp nose-dive.

I (for some reason) look forward to your hilariously retarded response.

God bless you and your family, sarahbau. God bless you.

Guest pcharles25

I have many customers.

Anyways. i changed my mind about the Pentium D being the cats meow .. it seems i and everyone else watching my videos and reading my very popular posts have bought them all up...

So now i am in the process of gathering my thoughts and checking the sites ... and i will find the best bang for the buck(its what i do)... i will keep you num nuts posted...

:-*

Anyways. i changed my mind about the Pentium D being the cats meow ..

Oh... don't give up now, you were so very entertaining. IT IS the cat's meow; if your cat is old, arthritic and has 3 legs after being run over by a truck.

P.S. If you don't want to look like an 8 year old; check your grammar, please.

cats = cat's

num nuts = numb nuts

Guest pcharles25

the pentium d 805 is the cats meow.

the best bang for the least buck...

but now... i am experimenting with some other processors.

i will keep you all gracefully updated.

with my posts and my google video, it created a mass sell out of

the oem MSI 945GM3 Board along with with Dual Core P-D 805...

But its all for the good of the community i am sure they are all enjoying their

kick ass inexpensive mac pro killers.

By the way for all of you great folks out there, just incase you needed to know

the up chuck version has the 2 packages plus front row for the sound and network.

r1000(network) and the azalia.audio.package(sound)

Well, I have just got my E4400 C2D up and running with Mac (I really chose the wrong mobo...).The temp never goes over 45˚C (113˚F) and it's in a really small case with really poor ventilation (I'll sort that out eventually).It runs 1080p as smooth as silk and gets an Xbench score of 86.36

My Dad has had some experience with a P4D too...

He had a OEM HP PC that he rebuilt. He kept the old power supply (about 350W) and bought a new motherboard and processor. He got a 2.8ghz P4D.When he put it all together, it turned out the power supply wasn't enough. He had to get a new one, that was bigger and louder than his old OEM one. It also blocked off his top DVD bay, so he now has one less DVD drive.With the P4D, yeah, it was faster than his old P4, but the fans were running twice as fast more of the time to keep the heat down!

Last year, we had a warmer than average summer, and his PC would only be prevented from shutting down due to overheating by taking the side of the case of and sometimes pointing a desk fan in the case. Admittedly, his case was quite small, and in a badly ventilated area, but it was still amazing how hot this computer kept getting!

Eventually, he got fed up and went out and bought a E4300. The CPU was efficient enough to allow him to go back to his old power supply and get his drive back. He also benchmarked it and it was about 10% faster than the P4D. It's also important to not that the C2D only cost £10 more than the P4D had.

Moral of the story?

Get a Core 2 Duo

(Or a G4 - they run just as cool :) )

BTW: You claim it's faster than even the Mac Pro at 1/10th of the price?

The benchmarks say otherwise:

Pentium 4 D

Mac Pro