Quad-core Hackintosh for FCP 6

171 posts in this topic

bjmoose:

youre right, no one even tries it out.. ppl say "i only need 4, 2 etc. drives" etc.

I mean WHEN youre building a whole system, HOW hard is it to test if a drive gets recognized in the other connector??

oh well.. I usually test most of the things when in installing so one would think this would be easier to get a firm answer on this issue.

Hi BJ moose,

What version of Mac pro are you using ,which mem processor etc

thanx

Insane

I bought my Mac Pro at the end of December 2006 so it's got 2 dual core xeons running at 2.66ghz. I got 4gb 667mhz of ram from apple, 2-500gb hard drives, dual superdrives, wireless mouse and keyboard, bluetooth+edr, airport, and 512mb ATI x1900xt graphics. Figures they'd come out with 8 cores just 6 months later. I'm pretty happy with it but I'll never be one of the Steve Jobs groupies that run rampant on some of the MAC forums. I'm Windows through and through, but I wanted to add Final Cut Studio to my group of Editing suites. Nothing at all wrong with the Mac, I've just been editing so long on PC's. What I like about my Hackintosh is that it's a PC first and a Mac second as opposed to the Mac Pro with Bootcamp.

I am ordering basically the exact same setup listed at the beginning of this thread as an upgrade to my current machine... Curious, I already have a Geforce 7900 GT will I be able to get it working dual screen? I'm a software developer and I just can't live without that second screen. (The machine being upgraded is currently a Vista 32bit box)

Best regards,

JD Smith

Hi Guys,

I built my new hackintosh using same components. One question, how can I select the drive to boot without going into bios. On my asrock hackintosh I just pressed f11 and I was able to choose hard drive to boot. I can't find this option on BAD AXE 2. I hope I don't need to go through bios every-time. Hope someone with BAD AXE 2 can help

Take care

Jojon

I'd use an intel board in your machine because intel boards are in macs.

There isn't a clear advantage to running an intel branded mother board. And the boards in a mac are made by intel but use EFI for its bios, however the boards that you are most likely going to be don't use EFI. Because of this, there isn't a clear advantage to using an intel board. In addition if you want to overclock ect you would be better off going with another manufacturer.

can anyone help me with my hackintosh. here's my specs:

MSI K8NGMV (onboard gegorce 6100 video)

Seagate Barracuda 40gb 2700 RPM

Kingston ddr 333 512mb

Sempron 2800+ 64 bit

19 wide LCD

PCI firewire card(currently not installed)

what will I need to run final cut pro? is my hackintosh enough?

also, how can I set my res to 1440x900? thanks!

Little update on my dual-display problem..

Yes, I solved it. Believe it or not it was because I was using a DVI to VGA adapter on the DVI port.

Now with natit2, I got DVI + VGA both working, mirror working, extended working, even the S-Video port is

working with Final Cut Pro.

From none working to all working as they should by simply taking out the adapter and buying a dvi cable..

Hello Khild,

I myself want to buy a mechine that would run OSX and FCP

Your system:

OSX 10.4.9/8.8.1 -- All security Updates working and installed

Gateway 24" and 22" LCDs. QE/CI/ROTATION working

Gigabyte P35 DS3P

Q6600 2.4ghz -> 3.0Ghz Orthos Stable (G0 Quad coming, expect 3.6 - 3.8Ghz)

Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 512mb

Enzotech Ultra-X

SilenX Case Cooling + Extras

G.Skill HZ 800 x 4 (4gb) -> DDR2 - 1000 Orthos Stable

Pioneer IDE DVD-RW

3 x 250gb Seagate HDDs

1 x 500gb Seagate FreeAgent External

Apple Pro Keyboard

Random Ebay 1394 PCI Slot (Working flawlessly on first try)

Final Cut Studio 2

Adobe Creative Suite 3

I wanted to know if the P35 was working "out of the box"?

If not, please tell me what didn't function?

and how did you solve it...

Same goes for the Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 512mb:

Did you get it working right away? with resolution change, dual-display capability and video out?

Thanks a bunch!

can anyone help me with my hackintosh. here's my specs:

MSI K8NGMV (onboard gegorce 6100 video)

Seagate Barracuda 40gb 2700 RPM

Kingston ddr 333 512mb

Sempron 2800+ 64 bit

19 wide LCD

PCI firewire card(currently not installed)

what will I need to run final cut pro? is my hackintosh enough?

also, how can I set my res to 1440x900? thanks!

I don't use AMD processors but you might try tubgirls' installer which is AMD friendly or uphuck's latest installer v1.4a which is only for AMDs. I suspect you will have difficulty finding drivers for your particular onboard video. Does your board have a PCI-e or AGP slot (which)? I'm guessing 2700RPM is a typo and you really mean 7200RPM. If that's the case, that drive should do as an OSX system drive, but of course you're going to need other drives as scratch/data/storage drives for your product. 512mb of ram will also cause you problems. I think you'll need at least 1gb and even that will bog down under editing. PCI firewire may or may not work. Mac doesn't use PCI slots anymore. Monitor is fine.

These latest version of Final Cut are system hogs, as are most other NLEs today. It only takes the amount of time for the download and 15 minutes for the install to know if your system is compatible or not. Good luck!

Edit: I wouldn't worry about how to set a particular res yet until you discover if you even have a res to set.

I am ordering basically the exact same setup listed at the beginning of this thread as an upgrade to my current machine... Curious, I already have a Geforce 7900 GT will I be able to get it working dual screen? I'm a software developer and I just can't live without that second screen. (The machine being upgraded is currently a Vista 32bit box)

Best regards,

JD Smith

i have a 7800GTX , which has two DVI too. i would need to have two 2 x 22inch LCD , and i want to know how to make it work.

Nevermind my last post..

Taruga 1.15 patcher + STAC9274D_83847621.txt

!! Done and done!

Mic and sound out and digital out working..

Have you actually tried the mic? I've used that patch before and on mine, it looks like it should work...nothing is greyed out...but no sound sound in or fluctuation on the sound bars when mic is installed. I've been using a Creative Labs Live 24bit USB box which works just fine. But I would be all too happy to eliminate that if the mic works with the patch.